PDA

View Full Version : Relocation relocating to Tenerife but cant seem to find answers

zoemarie
10-04-2018, 14:31
Good Afternoon! :wave:

Ok so my parents have lived on the Island for 10 years (they own a property) Myself, my partner and my 2 year old are planning to relocate by Jan 2019 (once money has been saved) now i need to know -

what are the current requirements money wise to make the move? is it £5000 each still? including our toddler?

We want to rent but i am confused as some friends we have in Tenerife tell me you need accommodation and NIE in order to get a job, but iv also spoke to letting agents who have informed me, in order to rent you need a work contract already? So it seems impossible?

Also my partner is a HGV Mechanic/garage manager here in the uk, when we came back recently from our holiday in Tenerife he had spoken to some mechanics down at puerto colon who say they started out as HGV Mechanics and now work on the boats, can anyone shed any light on him finding work as either a HGV or Marine Mechanic? Iv never seen any 'Garages' whilst being out and about on the Island in the car, but see alot of wagons on the road!?

Any help is much appreciated :) :spin:

AndyG
11-04-2018, 08:32
I can only respond to part of your post but here goes: we applied for the green Tarjeta in Las Americas police station and we had to have a certified bank statement to show we each had over €5200. I don't know if this is needed for a small child also. As for renting, we retired early and had no problem at all obtaining a long term property rental contract. Maybe it is just the agents you have contacted who want proof of work to satisfy their own or their clients' requirements? Good luck when you make the move!

Rachel C
23-04-2018, 16:31
Hi

Can't help personally with the information, my husband took care of everything when we moved out here, but I'm pretty sure we didn't have all that much money. Have a look at the Facebook group Tenerife DIY Paperwork Uncovered, they may be able to help.

We managed to rent by paying the first contract (6 months) and deposit all up front, and our landlady renewed our contract for another year with no problem.

There are definitely garages "Taller". A quick Google suggests that there are job possibilities for your husband...
https://es.jooble.org/m/trabajo-mecanico-camiones/Santa-Cruz-de-Tenerife

Hope this helps, good luck

Rachel.

Moderator_
23-04-2018, 18:25
If you are looking for sound advice on the legalities of living and working in Tenerife I suggest you look here in the first instance.

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/