PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Out of town restaurant suggestions, please.

DOOFUS
12-04-2018, 07:24
20-30 years ago when I visited the south of Tenerife regularly, there used to be some great restaurants out of town/up in the hills. My favourite was Los Angeles in Cabo Blanco. Fantastic, very successful place but now, unfortunately, closed. The main man was Pedro. Hard to believe, but he’s now a postman.

Anyway, I guess things have changed a lot since I last visited the island in 2004.

Anyone have any suggestions for good, out of town restaurants? Cheap or expensive - doesn’t matter. Distance from Las Americas not a problem, within reason.

Thank you in advance.

Moderator_
12-04-2018, 10:25
For carnivores: Las Goteras in Tejina de Guia
Uniqueness: Tasca de Nino in the old Post Office in San Miguel
Fish: Aqua y Sal , Tajao

DOOFUS
14-04-2018, 06:42

Thank you very much, Moderator.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

imablue
14-04-2018, 13:40
As suggested (and our favourite) Las Goteras..closed Monday.
Irache Gara on the road towards Tijoco Alto closes 4.00pm reopens 7.00pm.

r.bartlett
15-04-2018, 08:57

Aqua y Sal for 'overcooked' fish just deep fried everything.. very very overrated imho.
don't know the Las Goteras
Nino = was ok.

quality fish at rincon de hilario las zocas
canarian quality tascas in granadilla
nice canarian Las Cazuelitas De Feriche el roque

Gran Blue in Las Galatas was very good
Tijl in Silencio was good too

Just a few of my experiences

Tony the Welder
15-04-2018, 11:34
20-30 years ago when I visited the south of Tenerife regularly, there used to be some great restaurants out of town/up in the hills. My favourite was Los Angeles in Cabo Blanco. Fantastic, very successful place but now, unfortunately, closed. The main man was Pedro. Hard to believe, but he’s now a postman.

Anyway, I guess things have changed a lot since I last visited the island in 2004.

Anyone have any suggestions for good, out of town restaurants? Cheap or expensive - doesn’t matter. Distance from Las Americas not a problem, within reason.

Thank you in advance.

wow a blast from the past loved the restaurant and also the pig farm around the corner like the restaurant just down from las rossas on the way to las galleters called marys like the fish stuffed with prawn and also the clock chippi in castelford be there soon for some real fish n chips

Rodders
19-04-2018, 09:57

Thank you in advance.

La Meson Finca, Chayofa or Vernas La Camella. Good food and wine.

Payton
11-09-2018, 11:09
I would like to say there are many restaurants in California, Like Golden Bamboo in city of California Thai, La Conquista Mexican Restaurant in Mexican. These restaurants are very amazing and spacious. These restaurants has a great food, awesome drinks, courteous and helpful staff. And prices are very reasonable.

andy123
11-09-2018, 11:47
I would like to say there are many restaurants in California, Like Golden Bamboo in city of California Thai, La Conquista Mexican Restaurant in Mexican. These restaurants are very amazing and spacious. These restaurants has a great food, awesome drinks, courteous and helpful staff. And prices are very reasonable.

As this is Tenerife Forum,that is correct,"TENERIFE FORUM" your post is stupid and also full of grammatical errors!

junglejim
11-09-2018, 13:23
As this is Tenerife Forum,that is correct,"TENERIFE FORUM" your post is stupid and also full of grammatical errors!

Not as stupid as talking to a Spambot !