PDA

View Full Version : Health knee replacement.

Leam_Lin
22-04-2018, 21:05
Unable to be in our apartment in San Eugenio at the moment due to health problems, mine should take 4 to 6 weeks to recover. I have just come out of hospital after a 'total knee replacement' the pain is horrendous. Has anyone had this operation & could offer any tips on recovering. Thanks.

Leam_Lin
23-04-2018, 10:27
As no-one had this operation?

lynno52
23-04-2018, 10:41
Not me, sorry. :dontknow:

tub
23-04-2018, 19:41
yes i had this op done 4 years ago the first knee in jan the second in june the first was no trouble but the second was really painful i had different surgeons for each knee so that could make a difference the best way to heal quick is to do the exercises they tell you to do it sometimes hurts but it is what you need but rest assured it will be worth it in the end i could hardly walk i was on tramadol and paracetamol now i go to the gym 4 times a week pain free

Leam_Lin
23-04-2018, 21:01
yes i had this op done 4 years ago the first knee in jan the second in june the first was no trouble but the second was really painful i had different surgeons for each knee so that could make a difference the best way to heal quick is to do the exercises they tell you to do it sometimes hurts but it is what you need but rest assured it will be worth it in the end i could hardly walk i was on tramadol and paracetamol now i go to the gym 4 times a week pain free

thanks tub, there's hope then, I am taking codydramol, supposed to be having other knee done, at the minute I don't think so.

tub
24-04-2018, 20:43
do not give up it will get better have the other one done as soon as the first has healed then you will wonder what the fuss was about believe me you will

Leam_Lin
25-04-2018, 09:56
do not give up it will get better have the other one done as soon as the first has healed then you will wonder what the fuss was about believe me you will

Feel a bit better today, managed the stairs to get in my own bed last night.

jonnybravo
25-05-2018, 20:47
HI Bud
My wife had her right knee replaced in november 2016 and the left in july 2017,still having lots of pain in the left but the right is not too bad,but it's affected her back giving terrible pain all down her left side .she is waiting to see a spinal consultant now and still using a crutch.she says she wouldn't have had it done if she had known the pain and immobility it would cause!!

Ecky Thump
07-10-2018, 11:05
Feel a bit better today, managed the stairs to get in my own bed last night.

My son, fractured his leg about eighteen weeks ago and had a steel plate fitted, he is making progress, can now also manage stairs and has started to drive again, but he is still walking on crutches, he was told by the surgeon that if he had replaced the knee, that his progress would have been faster....but it all came down to the finances of the NHS.

delderek
07-10-2018, 12:00
They probably even went to B&Q for the steel plate, to save money.:whistle:

warbey
07-10-2018, 19:45
sounds like the Doc may have originated from Girvan Ecky. Lol

Hope He is at Least Pain free.

LindaD
07-10-2018, 20:46
They probably even went to B&Q for the steel plate, to save money.:whistle:

Either that delderek or they could take creme de menthe for a much quicker recovery :D

tub
07-10-2018, 20:58
i am sure there are more happy people after a new knee op than sad ones

tub
08-10-2018, 19:49
my first was about 6 weeks but my second was longer

Ecky Thump
08-10-2018, 20:18
my first was about 6 weeks but my second was longer

As opposed to my sons knee reconstruction that took place 20 weeks ago and he's still on crutches, but making daily progress, he is now on a excersise bike and does at least 25 miles on it every day plus other strenuous excersises. Tomorrow he is at the hospital to see the physiotherapist and hope to be able to use sticks rather than crutches.

LindaD
08-10-2018, 21:04
As opposed to my sons knee reconstruction that took place 20 weeks ago and he's still on crutches, but making daily progress, he is now on a excersise bike and does at least 25 miles on it every day plus other strenuous excersises. Tomorrow he is at the hospital to see the physiotherapist and hope to be able to use sticks rather than crutches.

Hope all goes well for him Ecky Thump.

Ecky Thump
08-10-2018, 21:10
Hope all goes well for him Ecky Thump.

Thanks Linda.....just to make him feel better, I have just a few minutes ago booked Michele's apartment on el Mirador for three weeks next October......I shall tell Carol when she gets in from her pals house.:p

It's for Carol and myself, not Stuart & Lesley, they can have the campervan! :lol:

Leam_Lin
08-10-2018, 21:14
Had my knee op 19th April, still cannot stand or walk far & it aches like hell. Consultant signed me off in august told him it still hurt, his reply it could take 6 to 12 months to heal.

Ecky Thump
08-10-2018, 21:19
Had my knee op 19th April, still cannot stand or walk far & it aches like hell. Consultant signed me off in august told him it still hurt, his reply it could take 6 to 12 months to heal.

My son doesn't know what will happen with his job, as he's a Marine Engineer and the medical is very stringent, he has to be able to crawl through confined spaces and up and down steel laddders all day....hopefully he will get a job at the companies head office....he's quite looking forward to that as he's been in a ships engine room for thirty years.

Chine
08-10-2018, 21:31
major ops like knees and hips are a such a long healing process, lots of my family members have had these ops they seem really painful for a long time afterwards but they are now a lot more mobile and in a lot less pain than before. My Mom has had her hips replaced during the last 4 years and all has gone well but always feels better in the warmer weather, so my advice is Tenerife for the winter!!

blondie
09-10-2018, 14:16
My sentiments exactly , heat is def. the thing that helps me . I am putting the operations off for as long as posible , in fact , until I am nearly off my feet .

Leam_Lin
09-10-2018, 15:30
Sent you a pm. last week.

blondie
09-10-2018, 15:48
Yes thank you for that . I thought I had replied to you plus I sent you a couple of e mails .

Leam_Lin
09-10-2018, 17:56
Not received any pm's or emails.

warbey
09-10-2018, 19:32
My son doesn't know what will happen with his job, as he's a Marine Engineer and the medical is very stringent, he has to be able to crawl through confined spaces and up and down steel laddders all day....hopefully he will get a job at the companies head office....he's quite looking forward to that as he's been in a ships engine room for thirty years.

Get Him to tell the Company they need modern vessels. Not so much crawling along Propellor shafts or Ships bottoms these days

I'm surprised He needs a medical though, mind you its nearly 60 years since I finished My Apprenticeship on coal fired or M.V..

Best wished to Him Ecky..

Ecky Thump
09-10-2018, 19:55
Get Him to tell the Company they need modern vessels. Not so much crawling along Propellor shafts or Ships bottoms these days

I'm surprised He needs a medical though, mind you its nearly 60 years since I finished My Apprenticeship on coal fired or M.V..

Best wished to Him Ecky..

Caledonian MacBrayne have possibly the most modern fleet of ferries in the industry and it might be worth mentioning that they have the UK's largest fleet of ferries.
The propulsion units are now mainly German vorsh schneider propulsion units..... don't I sound knowledgeable, NOT! :p

Totally off topic post!!!:D