PDA

View Full Version : Direct flights from Miami to Tenerife

curlytop
27-06-2011, 16:39
Does anyone know if there are still direct flights between Miami and Tenerife? If so what times of year are these available? ???

TenerifeTeddy
27-06-2011, 17:11
Does anyone know if there are still direct flights between Miami and Tenerife? If so what times of year are these available? ???

I am sure someone else will be along if I am incorrect, but I am sure I read that these flights have been cancelled again. From what I remember the reason given was not enough take up of seats.

lesbroz
27-06-2011, 22:46
I am sure someone else will be along if I am incorrect, but I am sure I read that these flights have been cancelled again. From what I remember the reason given was not enough take up of seats.

I seem to remember reading an article in the Tenerife News only a couple of weeks ago that this service is being withdrawn, but I can't remember from what date.

Zara
27-06-2011, 23:01
This was in Tenerife News on 16th June

Tenerife is losing its direct flight with Miami.
Air Europe has decided not to extend its relatively new route between the north airport and Miami International.
The company had always stressed that the service, inaugurated in June of 2009, was provisional and the time-scale had already been extended once. However, Air Europe will continue to offer clients the chance to fly from north Tenerife to Miami with a stop at Madrid.
Take-up of the direct flight had actually been very good with an 80% occupancy.
Tenerife News edition 427