PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Mastercard prepaid credit card?

dokgolf
27-06-2011, 17:10
If flying with Ryanair, they dont have any extra charges if you have a prepaid Mastercard ( Visa Electron not longer applies..........at least from Ryanair.ie ( Irish site)). Just wondering how people found these cards and what the fees/charges are?

KirstyJay
27-06-2011, 17:14
I have one from moneybookers.com. It's paid for itself 4 times over this year already.

karinagal
27-06-2011, 22:55
If flying with Ryanair, they dont have any extra charges if you have a prepaid Mastercard ( Visa Electron not longer applies..........at least from Ryanair.ie ( Irish site)). Just wondering how people found these cards and what the fees/charges are?

I use Caxton FX prepaid cards. No charge to get one - you pay a £10 deposit which then gets added to your card. No charge for using the sterling one in the UK and no charge for using the euro cars in the euro zone. We have used them for @ 9 months and not paid any charges yet. I would happily recommend them.

admin
27-06-2011, 23:07
I use Caxton FX prepaid cards. No charge to get one - you pay a £10 deposit which then gets added to your card. No charge for using the sterling one in the UK and no charge for using the euro cars in the euro zone. We have used them for @ 9 months and not paid any charges yet. I would happily recommend them.Can you apply for one of those if you live in Spain?

karinagal
27-06-2011, 23:23
Can you apply for one of those if you live in Spain?

Erm.... sorry - apparently you have to be a UK resident.... me bad....

To apply for our Prepaid Card you must be at least 18 years old and a UK resident. We will require evidence of who you are and your address. We may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to prove this and/or we may carry out checks on you electronically.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

.... but Solbank have one - a Volare card? Not sure of the terms and conditions on that one...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

bonitatime
28-06-2011, 08:00
Caja Canarais do one and there was at least one other bank but as I use Caja canarias I didnb't pay much attention.