PDA

View Full Version : Other Tenmas Card

barryk
05-07-2018, 12:52
Hi,
Has anybody used this new card for two or more passengers. Just enquiring what you do if there is more than one person.
Have got the card, registered it, topped it up on line etc. Just don't want to look a fool when I first use it with the wife
Barryk

cressrt
05-07-2018, 20:31
If you have not used it before i.e. a new card, you normally have to get it verified at a bus station or office.
Use the same as with the old Bono, just swipe/touch it per person and remember to do the same number of people when you leave the bus, if you get off at the end of the line you don't need to swipe/touch off.

barryk
05-07-2018, 20:38
Many thanks, does it have to be registered at a bus station or office if I have registered and topped up online
Barry

cressrt
06-07-2018, 07:40
It has to be validated before you can use it for the first time, once it has been used you can just top up on line. If you bought it at a bus station it should already be validated, if you got it by post, as we did, it needs to be validated at a bus station, we popped into Los Cristianos and did ours at the Titsa booth there.

tub
06-07-2018, 20:07
are the old bono cards finished now we are coming in sep and i still have one in credit

barryk
06-07-2018, 20:26
Used my old bono card today. The buses still have the old machines on board not sure when they will end although a lot of people are now using the new card.

imablue
06-07-2018, 22:06
It has been suggested that the Bono Card will be scrapped by September,the local paper is saying Soon for whatever that may mean.
We advised people that may have a Bono card and are back in the UK to post them to us and we will use them for the duration.
By all means Tub feel free to do likewise ...:whistle:

barryk
03-09-2018, 18:39
Could anyone confirm if you still get the discounts with the tenmas card as with the bono card. I was only able to use the card once and when it appeared on the website it would appear I was charged the cash fare amount not the discounted rate which I was charged on the outward journey using a bono card
I would be grateful if anyone else has checked this out

henry
03-09-2018, 21:24
Could anyone confirm if you still get the discounts with the tenmas card as with the bono card. I was only able to use the card once and when it appeared on the website it would appear I was charged the cash fare amount not the discounted rate which I was charged on the outward journey using a bono card
I would be grateful if anyone else has checked this out
i donīt know which bus you catch but yes you do get discount just like bonobus. but like a simple i catch 467 from guaza to los cristanos when i get off los cristanos i scan the tenmas card when i get off if you donīt scan it on your short trips. and you get off the bus without scaning the card you telling the computer im still on the bus and it will think you went to the end route not los cristanos etc.

imablue
03-09-2018, 23:17
Used my card for the first time this weekend and yes i was charged exactly the same amount as what appeared on my bono pass..
As Henry above says you need to ensure you scan the card on your exit ,otherwise the card will be charged to the end of the buses journey....imagine that using the 460 ...Icod de Las Vinos
Barryk.. i was a bit confused when i saw my account as it gave amounts that i hadn,t used then at the final figure it was exactly as i thought it would be.
1.35 per journey (2.70)
balance 7.30...

barryk
04-09-2018, 07:43
Thanks,
Scanned when leaving the bus as instructed can only think I may have been charged the wrong amount by the driver on the bono card on the outward journey. Will try again when next out
Many thanks

AndyG
04-09-2018, 08:30
I got my Tenmas card as part of the pilot in July last year. It now works reliably but it appears that they now charge a slightly different price depending which of the three bus stops I use in my village! For over two years the old bono and new tenmas card charged me the same price for my regular journey but when I queried a small increase I was assured that it is the correct amount and that the fare has not increased at all! So I now walk a short distance to the bus stop that charges me the slightly lower amount.

tub
04-09-2018, 19:39
we will be back there on sat do we go to the bus station for a card or do we get them in the same place as the bono cards and could someone tell me how we have to use it please

imablue
04-09-2018, 19:52
I think you would be better going to the bus station buying the card (2 euros) topping it up with some credit (5 euros or more) i.e. 5 ,10, 15 etc.and validate it so it can be used straight away.
If as you mentioned in earlier post you still have a bono pass any credit on it may well be able to be loaded on the Tenmas Card, then again you may have left it a bit late.
It is used as you enter the bus.. to the reader screen, tell the driver have many people it is for and show the card to the screen for those numbers.....1,2,3 etc.
Most important of all is to remember to show the card on your exit of the bus otherwise you will be charged the cost of the bus journey to wherever it ends

polremy
05-09-2018, 16:56
Does anyone know if there is somewhere on the Golf where we will be able to buy a card and have it validated?
Going to cost a bit extra to travel all the way to the bus station paying cash.

barryk
05-09-2018, 17:33
I think Harry's in San Blast was going to sell them 2 euro. Best place would be the cabin at Los Chris bus station. I ordered my on line and it was delivered. Obviously you need a address in TFS.
From the titsa site
Harry's
Spanish Style San Blast
Sagar Electronics Avenida del Atlantico
Supermarket Pirineos AV. Galvan Bello 103 (next to Golf Plaza

polremy
05-09-2018, 18:48
Right. Will try and order online to be delivered to our apartment. Thanks. Muchos gracias.

barryk
05-09-2018, 18:56
See #16 just listed shops from titsa website

barryk
23-09-2018, 12:46
Re: TITSA Bono Card
Are these cards a pain in ar_e.
Topped up on line on Wednesday still not showing on the account on Sunday. Still showing top up still pending and can't top up further. Money has been taken from the bank.
Anyone having similar problems??
Barry

AndyG
23-09-2018, 12:50
Have you used your card on a bus since you topped up? Normally, as soon as you validate on the bus after topping up online, you will see the new balance when you validate to leave the bus and it will then clear through online also. At least, that's how mine works.

barryk
23-09-2018, 12:57
Many thanks, thought it needed to show on the website before the credit was usable. Will try on the bus.
Wired way of going on

barryk
26-09-2018, 13:15
Having spent ages looking on the Titsa and Tenmas sites for a link to the outlets that sell this card I found it and it appears well buried:

https://www.titsa.com/index.php/atencion-al-cliente/puntos-de-venta-y-recarga

Hope this is of use, especially if you are not in TFS as the links just seen to take you to the Titsa site which responds saying no bus stops near by

delderek
27-09-2018, 09:07
Looks as if you can no longer buy one at the airport:dontknow:

bennoa1
27-09-2018, 10:44
Will be out tomorrow morning so will be swapping my bono cards onto the new card. Going to Medano on Saturday on the bus so will see how we get on.

barryk
27-09-2018, 16:09
Hi

Here is a link to a PDF file which lists all the locations selling the card

https://www.titsa.com/images/RED_VENTA_RECARGA_TENMAS_10_SEPT.pdf

In respect of buying a card at the Airport. On the website the following shop is listed:

PREPAY - AEROPUERTO
AEROPUERTO REINA SOFIA
AEROPUERTO TENERIFE SUR

It is located on the map in Golf Del Sur just above San Blas. I believe it is the Lyca Mobile Phone Shop in arrivals as I think they may have sold the old Bono Card (there is a sign on the door) and their email address is 'lyca.aeropuerto@prepay.es' (note the prepay in the address) I have emailed them and await a reply and will post if i receive an answer.

Must be worth a try to save running about for all new arrivals

Barry

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Reply from Lyca Mobile at the airport:

Yes, we sell the card, here at the airport.

Regards,

It is the kiosk in the middle of the hall as you come out from arrivals

junglejim
04-10-2018, 13:32
Topped up my card at PDLA bus station yesterday and checked on-line later / finally accepting my registration and registered top up !

bennoa1
11-10-2018, 13:47
once registered we had to go back to a main station (Adeje or LC) to get the card activated so we could top up online. System seems to work well once you get over the initial pain. For 2 people on one trip just tell the driver where you're going, he calculates the fare, tap in and then tap out when you get off.

barryk
11-10-2018, 14:53
For information, I topped up my card on line in the UK but the credit never showed on my online account and I could not add any further credit. It appears that until you use the card again on the bus the account top up is locked. Used this am and credit shows on website and further top ups are allowed.
Barryk