PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Customs Clearance

mangono5
16-07-2018, 19:40
What happens if you arrive At Santa Cruz with a car load of personal possessions? ie do you have to go through Customs clearance and have written descriptions and valuations for everything in Spanish as you would if you imported through a shipping agent.
When I brought my car in Spain and drove it in I was not even stopped but then that was Spanish registered I guess with a UK registered car they would be all over it.
Any experiences you can share?

mangono5
21-07-2018, 11:11
Surely someone has had experience of arriving by car or van in Tenerife with car full of stuff

ddoyle
19-09-2018, 17:35
We have done it quite a few times and never been stopped plan to do it again soon, any stuff we bring is personal household stuff.

mangono5
19-09-2018, 19:17
We have done it quite a few times and never been stopped plan to do it again soon, any stuff we bring is personal household stuff.

Hi is this with a UK registered car or Spanish....With a Spanish car a three o clock in the morning I sailed through....but UK registered?...are you residence I understand you should be to bring anything in? ...its all very confusing ...If you want to stay in Tenerife for more than three months you should be residence...is that enforced? I thought that some people come for six months in the winter and in the UK for six months is this possible with the residency laws.also with UK car insurance it normally only covers for three months out of the UK...

Sorry I am getting so confused that living part time in Tenerife is becoming a nightmare, there are all sorts of rules which don't seem to be applied but I am sure that if I don't observe them they will come down on me like a ton of bricks, such is my luck.