PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a farm to share

sand4u
30-07-2018, 11:03
Hey!

I'm just gonna try this and see if there's anyone interested...

I want to rent a house with a garden somewhere, pretty much anywhere on the island. Starting from September or something like this. I'm also open to the idea of just renting a piece of land and building mobile homes on it. But I would definitely prefer to find a piece of land with an existing building, even a rudimentary one.

I'm looking for creative & original people to share the place with. My budget is pretty low but I have a steady monthly income to start off with. I would like to cap my monthly living expenses at around 300-400. There are plenty of options in this budget range.

I'm a 27-year old scandinavian guy with a very international background. I study in university and create all kinds of things. I plan to live on Tenerife forever. In the future I want to work from home and do lots of things related to tourism industry (maybe even have an airbnb/guest room on the side if there is space) as well as get my hands dirty with small scale agriculture. Currently I'm looking into possibilities (permits & investment needs) for small scale industrial cooking/baking/restaurant, wanna make some delicious things out of local ingredients and sell them to restaurants and shops as well as run a pop up restaurant on special occasions. All sorts of ideas brewing, let's see how the winter is gonna turn out.

PM me with an email address that you check regularly, let's see if our visions are compatible.

I don't care how old you are or what your sexual orientation is or anything like this, and you don't need to be perfect but I hope you are a decent human being with good common sense and are able to take care of yourself. It also helps if you're into similar vibes and maybe we can collaborate on more levels! :) Hippies preferred, the SOBER kind!

:crazy:

delderek
30-07-2018, 19:29
Hey!

I'm just gonna try this and see if there's anyone interested...

I want to rent a house with a garden somewhere, pretty much anywhere on the island. Starting from September or something like this. I'm also open to the idea of just renting a piece of land and building mobile homes on it. But I would definitely prefer to find a piece of land with an existing building, even a rudimentary one.

I'm looking for creative & original people to share the place with. My budget is pretty low but I have a steady monthly income to start off with. I would like to cap my monthly living expenses at around 300-400. There are plenty of options in this budget range.

I'm a 27-year old scandinavian guy with a very international background. I study in university and create all kinds of things. I plan to live on Tenerife forever. In the future I want to work from home and do lots of things related to tourism industry (maybe even have an airbnb/guest room on the side if there is space) as well as get my hands dirty with small scale agriculture. Currently I'm looking into possibilities (permits & investment needs) for small scale industrial cooking/baking/restaurant, wanna make some delicious things out of local ingredients and sell them to restaurants and shops as well as run a pop up restaurant on special occasions. All sorts of ideas brewing, let's see how the winter is gonna turn out.

PM me with an email address that you check regularly, let's see if our visions are compatible.

I don't care how old you are or what your sexual orientation is or anything like this, and you don't need to be perfect but I hope you are a decent human being with good common sense and are able to take care of yourself. It also helps if you're into similar vibes and maybe we can collaborate on more levels! :) Hippies preferred, the SOBER kind!

:crazy:

All reasonable sensible ideas in some countries. But in Tenerife you will fall foul of so many regulations, you wont even get started. And monthly living expenses, if you are lucky at least double it, more than likely treble it.

sand4u
31-07-2018, 17:29
Thanks for ur reply delderek, it's good to see people still use this forum.

Every country has laws and regulations, and I am absolutely sure that there are existing industrial kitchens on the island of Tenerife. I am not aware of any regulations that would prevent me from starting a company and producing food. When it comes to living on your own land in a mobile home, there is absolutely no law against that. A lot of farmers all over Spain that I know, have a caravan with a makeshift patio & outdoor kitchen on their own property that they seasonally live in.

Any examples of said rules that would prevent me from even starting? Not all people are entrepreneurial spirits, and for some it might seem like the end of the world to have to apply for a bunch of permits and get a couple of stamps. As any business, this will demand a noticeable investment. This is why it is important to cut all of the corners possible, moneywise.

With living expenses I am talking about rent (sin gastos), obviously. 300-400 is a lot of money in rural Spain. As I am looking for people to share, I'm hinting that I'm searching for properties in the 600-800e/month range, of which there are plenty.

:)

delderek
31-07-2018, 19:59
Thanks for ur reply delderek, it's good to see people still use this forum.

Every country has laws and regulations, and I am absolutely sure that there are existing industrial kitchens on the island of Tenerife. I am not aware of any regulations that would prevent me from starting a company and producing food. When it comes to living on your own land in a mobile home, there is absolutely no law against that. A lot of farmers all over Spain that I know, have a caravan with a makeshift patio & outdoor kitchen on their own property that they seasonally live in.

Any examples of said rules that would prevent me from even starting? Not all people are entrepreneurial spirits, and for some it might seem like the end of the world to have to apply for a bunch of permits and get a couple of stamps. As any business, this will demand a noticeable investment. This is why it is important to cut all of the corners possible, moneywise.

With living expenses I am talking about rent (sin gastos), obviously. 300-400 is a lot of money in rural Spain. As I am looking for people to share, I'm hinting that I'm searching for properties in the 600-800e/month range, of which there are plenty.

:)

That really says it all, it is not rural Spain, The Canaries are very different, and you will find you need a permit to apply for a permit.

Anyway, best of luck.