PDA

View Full Version : I am going for some shopping to Primark in Gran Canaria

ali marshall
01-06-2011, 16:57
I am off to gran canaria in a few days to go shopping in primark.I am flying from tenerife south to las palmas airport.Has anyone else done the same trip and can you tell me how much it is roughly for a taxi from Las Palmas airport to the el mirador commercial centre.Thankyou

Jackie
01-06-2011, 18:09
Will you please stop reminding me that you are going, but then how can I forget as I will be looking after your little angel :angel:

Megaloo
01-06-2011, 19:02
Good luck wish I was going. My Granddaughter has just arrived and most things she has on she keeps telling me came from Primark very good value, but only if you are a reasonable size???

ali marshall
01-06-2011, 19:05
I do find primark stuff come up on the smaller size,worth a vist for home stuff though if they dont do your size.Just want to know roughly how much a taxi is going to be as i dont want to be ripped off.

ali marshall
01-06-2011, 19:06
Will you please stop reminding me that you are going, but then how can I forget as I will be looking after your little angel :angel:

Haha he will be fine for his 2nd mummy and will bring you a treat back from primark!!!! (Ear muffs for next time)

onelegnofeet
01-06-2011, 19:10
Seem to remember (being shot down from Crista (?) because i quote the Taxi up to Las Palmas ,not knowing about the one at El mirador !!) i'm sure she quoted under 10 euros .......................hope this helps

Muppet
01-06-2011, 19:10
I do find primark stuff come up on the smaller size,worth a vist for home stuff though if they dont do your size.Just want to know roughly how much a taxi is going to be as i dont want to be ripped off.

I would say you are more likely to be ripped off by excess baggage charges if you are flying over there - you will have to buy one hell of a lot of stuff to make the trip "pay". I'd have thought taking the car over would be a far better plan.

ali marshall
01-06-2011, 19:12
I never saw that post lol,christa was really helpfull and she did offer to pick me up and take me back,but if its around 10 euro each way it will be cheaper to take a taxi,plus no way of getting hold of christa now.

onelegnofeet
01-06-2011, 19:14
Just to say................though i have heard of many being ripped off in Tenerife via the Taxi drivers i have never heard this on any Gran Canaria forums including TA .But as said many crop up about this happening in Tenerife ..............sad really.
Plus the buses now come into the airport so you dont have to go under/over the autopista ..............but TIMES ESSENTIAL FOR LADIES THAT SHOP

ali marshall
01-06-2011, 19:20
I would say you are more likely to be ripped off by excess baggage charges if you are flying over there - you will have to buy one hell of a lot of stuff to make the trip "pay". I'd have thought taking the car over would be a far better plan.

I paid 30 euro for the flight and its going from tenerife south.If you add on the cost getting up the north and back for the ferry.Would proberbly cost you that in fuel.Plus i dont drive, which helps lol.Plus with the flight your there in half hour,more time for shopping lol

Got a wicked little suitcase scale off the sunday market,5 euro and even has a tape measure to measure items as well. With 25 kilos,just bringing 4 or 5 t shirts for my sons will cover the cost of the flight.I picked tops up in the primark uk for 1 or 2 pound ,here in the shops you looking minium of 6.

Tinkabel
01-06-2011, 20:30

Dont think she'll be too worried about being ripped off, she's gonna have far too much fun shopping. :whistle: Mae sure you tuck some of the bigger sizes to the back of the rails Ali for when i go over at the end of the month. ;)

glostergirl
01-06-2011, 20:38
You go for it ali!!! only 30 days left till myself an the boys hit primark norwich!! only been home 3times in 11years and neither time did i have much money to spend!! this time my brother has got some pennies saved up for his long lost sister an nephews!! cant wait new clothes for me as well as the kids!! cleared all our drawers out just waiting to be refilled now!! 30days an counting have a safe trip mate and happy spending. julie x

Nic
01-06-2011, 20:44
Just a quick tip on sizes. I bought for my little girls, my eldest is 2 years old (weighs 14kgs) so I bought her aged 3-4 as I knew sizes were small but the t-shirts are all a bit too small, they'll do for playing in the garden mind, the shorts, trousers and skirts for 3-4 were fine though! My other wee one is 10 months and weighs only 8kgs (she's smaller in size than her sister) and I bought her 12-18 months when i went and they just fit so she really needs 18.24 months size. They are really mean on their sizes but at those prices, it's easy enough to buy the next size up. Have a great time, I'm going back again when the sales start, they had jumpers and trousers for a euro when I went over in March! Excellent shop and for kids clothes they're excellent, they grow so fast that it's not worth buying expensive clothes.

ali marshall
01-06-2011, 23:02
I have noticed that with there sizing.Lucky enough i have some primark clothes here already from my mum for the kids so i know what size i need to get.Be htting all sections,even baby section,elias is 3, shorts 18 to 24 months hang on him lol.Will tell you all the bargin prices when i get back!

Added after 2 Days 23 Hours:

Well ive done it and been to primark!!!!Would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of going.30 euro return for flight ,taxi cost me 14 each way to primark from the airport,bit steep but if your going with other friends split it between you its nothing.

Takes about 10 minutes from the airport and you cannot miss the store.Its a good size,homeware department is quite small though.

Just to give people rough idea of prices,kids t shirts 2 euro,jeans 5 euro,2 pj,s 8 euro,7 pants 3.50.Also got little one some cardigans in the sale 4 euro.Pumps 4 euro,swim shorts 5 euro

Adult jeans from 5 to 15 euro,mens t shirts 3 euro,swim trunks 10 euro,flip flops 1.50 to 3 euro
Womens clothes,bikinis (2) of 8 euro,jeans from 5 euro,vest tops 3 euro,t shirts from 3 euro.2 bras and 2 knicker sets 8 euro.dresses 15 euro

We bought our 20kg each back and managed to get a few extra kilo in our hand luggage as they did not weigh it.

Will defaintly go again and will keep a eye out for around november time for binter canaries flight sales.On the way back was only 18 people on the flight ,makes you wonder how they make a profit on them prices.

I wish they hurry up and bring one to tenerife,as its a blessing when you got young kids.

christa
04-06-2011, 23:04
I have noticed that with there sizing.Lucky enough i have some primark clothes here already from my mum for the kids so i know what size i need to get.Be htting all sections,even baby section,elias is 3, shorts 18 to 24 months hang on him lol.Will tell you all the bargin prices when i get back!

Added after 2 Days 23 Hours:

Well ive done it and been to primark!!!!Would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of going.30 euro return for flight ,taxi cost me 14 each way to primark from the airport,bit steep but if your going with other friends split it between you its nothing.

Takes about 10 minutes from the airport and you cannot miss the store.Its a good size,homeware department is quite small though.

Just to give people rough idea of prices,kids t shirts 2 euro,jeans 5 euro,2 pj,s 8 euro,7 pants 3.50.Also got little one some cardigans in the sale 4 euro.Pumps 4 euro,swim shorts 5 euro

Adult jeans from 5 to 15 euro,mens t shirts 3 euro,swim trunks 10 euro,flip flops 1.50 to 3 euro
Womens clothes,bikinis (2) of 8 euro,jeans from 5 euro,vest tops 3 euro,t shirts from 3 euro.2 bras and 2 knicker sets 8 euro.dresses 15 euro

We bought our 20kg each back and managed to get a few extra kilo in our hand luggage as they did not weigh it.

Will defaintly go again and will keep a eye out for around november time for binter canaries flight sales.On the way back was only 18 people on the flight ,makes you wonder how they make a profit on them prices.

I wish they hurry up and bring one to tenerife,as its a blessing when you got young kids.

Sounds like you had a lovely day, am so pleased that you got some great bargains for yourself and family. Do let me know when you are over again, maybe we could meet up for a cortado leche leche mid shop to raise your sugar levels and keep you going for more!!
:)

ali marshall
04-06-2011, 23:12
defaintly christa,will proberbly take the offer of you picking me up,think my son got fed up of sitting outside primark with 40 kilo bags.Haha got to point we could no longer carrying them around in the shop.Dont ask me what other shops was there as did not get chance to look,but did get some lunch in the todo 1 euro cafe you recommend ,thanks for all your help before.

glostergirl
05-06-2011, 11:36
glad you had a good spend ali!! sounds like you had a good day!! did auntie jackie and spongebob have a nice time???

Angusjim
05-06-2011, 11:46
Jesus what a lot of excitement about a trip to Primark life must be so exciting in Tenerife if a trip to Primark is the highlight of the year:lol::lol:

Jackie
05-06-2011, 12:23
Jim when you look at the price of clothes and underwear out here, especially for kids, and compare them to Primark then it's something to get excited about lol. I would rather get three or four dresses for the price of one or five pairs of summer shoes/sandals for the price of one etc because that's how the prices compare out here. You just get so much more for your money and unless you shop at Zara or shops like that all the time the quality is no different either. Apart from seeing my Dad and my son a visit to Primark is the only other thing I look forward to when going back to the UK :)

And yes GG Auntie Jackie and Spongbob did have a good time lol. I don't know what I have done to deserve the honour but he calls me mum :)

Angusjim
05-06-2011, 13:48
Jim when you look at the price of clothes and underwear out here, especially for kids, and compare them to Primark then it's something to get excited about lol. I would rather get three or four dresses for the price of one or five pairs of summer shoes/sandals for the price of one etc because that's how the prices compare out here. You just get so much more for your money and unless you shop at Zara or shops like that all the time the quality is no different either. Apart from seeing my Dad and my son a visit to Primark is the only other thing I look forward to when going back to the UK :)

And yes GG Auntie Jackie and Spongbob did have a good time lol. I don't know what I have done to deserve the honour but he calls me mum :)

I am a mere man and really don't understand why anyone gets excited about shopping full stop. I never go shopping yet my wardrobe is always full of clothes that fit me how does that happen???

Jackie
05-06-2011, 13:59
I am a mere man and really don't understand why anyone gets excited about shopping full stop. I never go shopping yet my wardrobe is always full of clothes that fit me how does that happen???

You have a very good wife lol

ali marshall
05-06-2011, 15:30
Jesus what a lot of excitement about a trip to Primark life must be so exciting in Tenerife if a trip to Primark is the highlight of the year:lol::lol:

Excitment for me angus was ,1 i never go shopping without my 3 year old son and when i do i spend most of the time chasing him around the shop when he has escaped from the pushchair,then he kicks off screaming and i just give up and walk out the store.So want to give jackie a big thankyou for having my little one yesterday,was great browsing without chasing him about.

2nd thing is like jackie said when you got kids,here in tenerife the clothes so expensive and i begruge paying the prices.The cheap stuff,what is not really cheap is very poor quality.Also with a 3 year old he drops stuff on his clothes and if the stains dont come out you dont mind putting something in the bin if it only cost you 2 euro.My twins always coming home with holes or stains on there clothes.My son bought a t shirt from berksha 2 months ago cost him 8 euro,while he was putting it on over his head his finger went straight through it.Rather get 3 for 9 euros a primark and better quality.

The last 3 years here, i dont think ive been shopping here more than once,as when i do i look i think i am not paying that,i know we should not compare to primark prices,but with the wages here in tenerife you cannot not help but compare and watch the pennies.I have also never had to bin anything from primark because quality was bad as some people mention.

Think we should start pestering primark to get a store here in tenerife,as there taking there time finding a commercial site.:pray:

Nic
06-06-2011, 18:49
I agree Ali, shopping trips with toddlers in tow is no fun. Have you been yet? Let us know when you go and what bargains you get. I'm planning a trip over when the sales start, having to go on the ferry taking the car on my own so spare places in the car if anyone's interested! Just chip in with the petrol and you can shop to your hearts delight!

ali marshall
06-06-2011, 21:07
Yes i went last saturday nic,it was great,look at earlier post and i have put some prices of there clothes.

TenerifeFanatic
06-06-2011, 21:20
Glad you had a fantastic time!! I love shopping too!!:lol:

Tinkabel
18-06-2011, 12:46
Does anyone know if Primark in Gran Canaria is open everyday? and can someone give me an idea of the opening hours please.

Thanks in advance :pray:

johnh1
21-06-2011, 18:49
I never saw that post lol,christa was really helpfull and she did offer to pick me up and take me back,but if its around 10 euro each way it will be cheaper to take a taxi,plus no way of getting hold of christa now.

I can get hold of her for you!! She is sitting next to me!!

Jackie
21-06-2011, 19:04
I can get hold of her for you!! She is sitting next to me!!

haha John you are about 2 weeks too late:lol::lol:

ali marshall
21-06-2011, 20:30
Does anyone know if Primark in Gran Canaria is open everyday? and can someone give me an idea of the opening hours please.

Thanks in advance :pray:
go to primark.es,the el mirador primark is open from 10 am till 10 pm monday to saturdays and the las arenas one should be same but does not say on the site there opening hours.

Tinkabel
21-06-2011, 22:07
go to primark.es,the el mirador primark is open from 10 am till 10 pm monday to saturdays and the las arenas one should be same but does not say on the site there opening hours.

Cheers Ali, which one did you got to?

onelegnofeet
21-06-2011, 22:10
Heard today in town its now called ...........PRIAMARNI

ali marshall
22-06-2011, 17:30
Cheers Ali, which one did you got to?

I went to the el mirador one.Good size,2 floors,the home department wasnt very big,but i was looking for clothes anyway.I went on a saturday and found it wasnt too busy and went to tills about 5 times haha and only qued about once,but not for long as they have around 13 tills on.Its about 10 minutes from the airport,not sure about from the port though.

I guess depends where you are staying and which one is closer to you,if you go on primark.es it will give you a map of location for both stores.I belive the el mirador store is upposed to be larger than other store.

Have a great time.