PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant advice

mbooth11
28-06-2011, 18:53
Now don`t let me down. Celebrating my 50th shortly whilst on Golf del Sur.Don`t mind travelling. Need a really smart restaurant for this special occasion. Where should I go??:hungry:

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 19:07
Los Roques @ Jardin Tropical or El Mirador, El Duque... fantastic food, fantastic locations!

marbro8
28-06-2011, 19:15
Now don`t let me down. Celebrating my 50th shortly whilst on Golf del Sur.Don`t mind travelling. Need a really smart restaurant for this special occasion. Where should I go??:hungry:what sort of food do you like? are you going as a couple or a large group? all this info will allow people to give you more informed info;)

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 19:19
what sort of food do you like? are you going as a couple or a large group? all this info will allow people to give you more informed info;)

.... Good point! :D

mbooth11
28-06-2011, 20:11
Good point.Just my good lady and I,any food

YOUNG GOLFER
28-06-2011, 20:16
You could try one of our forum members new place a really nice restaurant to spoil yourselves.

www.laterrazzadelmare.com

mbooth11
29-06-2011, 09:59
cheers much obliged

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 11:45
You could try one of our forum members new place a really nice restaurant to spoil yourselves.

www.laterrazzadelmare.com

You on commission YG? :D

wigjam
29-06-2011, 11:52
Placeres in Los Abrigos is also a good suggestionn

megsdad
29-06-2011, 12:28
El Nautico on golf del sur, there is a review on here. Al tapear on the golf, fine food and wine

YOUNG GOLFER
29-06-2011, 12:29
You on commission YG? :D

No ...but it is a friends and forum members restaurant and i think it's nice to show support even more so when it's a good place to eat.:)

Chicken Shirl
29-06-2011, 12:37
EL Lajar De Bello..... La Camella.........Stunning stunning food.........I think they are closing though for two weeks some time in July. http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/el-lajar-de-bello-la-camella/

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 12:53
No ...but it is a friends and forum members restaurant and i think it's nice to show support even more so when it's a good place to eat.:)

sadly i've still not had chance to eat there, but will remedy that soon.... heard great things and I love the location! ;)

Jackie Buyer
29-06-2011, 13:00
Monte Cristo in Fanabe (directly accross form Hotel Bahia Princess) lovely food served & nice ambience

marbro8
29-06-2011, 20:22
take a taxi to la caleta, they have some lovely restaurants overlooking the sea, they mostly sell fish dishes but the view overlooking the sea from one of them is fab,, last time we where there we were watching the crabs trying to hold on to the rocks as the waves washed them off lol

Zara
29-06-2011, 23:35
I would stick close to home and go to Los Roques in Los Abrigos - lovely food https://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/is-there-anywhere-better-in-tenerife/

sadly i've still not had chance to eat there, but will remedy that soon.... heard great things and I love the location! ;)

Neither have I and if memory serves me right wasn´t Doreen going to organise a Ladies wot Lunch, or have I missed that?

alice in wonderland
29-06-2011, 23:48
Placeres in Los Abrigos is also a good suggestion

Fully agree this is a very lovely restaurant at a fair price for something away from the usual fayre, it had teething problems when first opened due to a shortage of staff but it is now first class. There are a few revues on TRIP ADVISOR and a few from the old forum, you will have to google placeres los abrigos tenerife forum.

Added after 11 minutes:

[QUOTE=Zara;50108]I would stick close to home and go to Los Roques in Los Abrigos - lovely food https://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/is-there-anywhere-better-in-tenerife/

I have eaten there several times when Pablo was Maitre de restaurant, the location is very nice but the food although excellent, is overpriced and the wines well overpriced, an average evening with wine will cost 90 euros for two. Pablo now has his own place 60 metres away called PLACERES it is on equal standing foodwise but better value on wines, and excellent dinner for two will cost about 70 euros with wine.

Zara
30-06-2011, 00:09
Both get good reviews http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1188716-d751568-Reviews-Restaurante_Los_Roques-Los_Abrigos_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html I can´t comment on Placeres as I haven´t eaten there http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1188716-d1722078-Reviews-Restaurante_Placeres-Los_Abrigos_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html However the location of all the restaurants around the small harbour is very pretty. You won´t go far wrong in checking out the area before your birthday.

Chicken Shirl
30-06-2011, 22:23
What a great thread..........I will be trying Los Roques for sure............We did meet the owners in El lajar De Bello one Monday lunch time and said we would go to their restaurant.........Definitely must do it after reading your account of it. :)..........Thank you.x

doreen
30-06-2011, 22:41
Neither have I and if memory serves me right wasn´t Doreen going to organise a Ladies wot Lunch, or have I missed that?

Just waiting for you to be home and Maxine to be well ;)

MaxineC
30-06-2011, 23:24

I'm almost back to full fitness.... :D

videotalker
01-07-2011, 08:55
Monte Cristo in Fanabe (directly accross form Hotel Bahia Princess) lovely food served & nice ambience

Only if the management has recently changed. Went there once and after an hour, still hadn't had any food - needless to say we left.

Zara
01-07-2011, 10:28

I'm home now and looking forward to it. :) Just give Maxine a bit longer and we can set a date - is that a ménage à trois :crylaughing:

onelegnofeet
01-07-2011, 10:50
I'm home now and looking forward to it. :) Just give Maxine a bit longer and we can set a date - is that a ménage à trois :crylaughing:

Can i come too ..........it could be a "Menage De Twait!!!"

BobMac
01-07-2011, 10:51
I would recommend La Tasquita de Nino in San Miguel. Ate their last year and it was one of the best meals I have had on Tenerife, all food is home cooked and they only do traditional Canarian food and wine - don't bother asking for things like Sangria and Cappucino. It's not big so would recommend booking. When we went, we went up to San Miguel the day before at Lunchtime to find it and have a drink and some Tapas

Their website is http://www.latasquitadenino.net/

Zara
01-07-2011, 11:24
Can i come too ..........it could be a "Menage De Twait!!!"

Hmm See you're back its been a bit quiet so things will start to go :crazy: around here again.

I am sure you and any other man who wants to join us LADIES wot lunch will be more than welcome providing you have the correct footwear.

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/449136/2754802/0/1158761839/High_Heel_Shoes.jpg

back on topic went to Lajar de Bello last night with friends and they loved it, will be taking their family when they arrive shortly.
http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/food-for-thought-recommendations/

MaxineC
01-07-2011, 18:50
I can add La Terrazza del Mare to my list now... Just had the most wonderful, and unexpected ;), lunch there with Kirsty (Doreen was table hopping amongst her fan club :D). I had a goats cheese salad with strawberry & raspberry jus... Delicious! :hungry:

doreen
01-07-2011, 19:07
I can add La Terrazza del Mare to my list now... Just had the most wonderful, and unexpected ;), lunch there with Kirsty (Doreen was table hopping amongst her fan club :D). I had a goats cheese salad with strawberry & raspberry jus... Delicious! :hungry:

I can explain, Zara - honest ... impromptu meeting with the Goddess of Tech brought Maxine along too :lol:

Zara
01-07-2011, 19:34
I can explain, Zara - honest ... impromptu meeting with the Goddess of Tech brought Maxine along too :lol:

No need for explanations Doreen, you should know that by now. I'll only sulk a little bit :cry::cry:

Seriously glad you enjoyed it Max, we will meet up one day http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/Winking-Smiley.jpg

confidential
02-07-2011, 08:04
take a taxi to la caleta, they have some lovely restaurants overlooking the sea, they mostly sell fish dishes but the view overlooking the sea from one of them is fab,, last time we where there we were watching the crabs trying to hold on to the rocks as the waves washed them off lol

Yes Mike and the big one, not sure of the name, but some one will know, does the best fish soup.

MaxineC
02-07-2011, 19:21
No need for explanations Doreen, you should know that by now. I'll only sulk a little bit :cry::cry:

Seriously glad you enjoyed it Max, we will meet up one day http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/Winking-Smiley.jpg

It was truly delicious Zara... looking forward to working my way through the menu! :hungry: Now I'm back in the land of the working masses, Tuesday & Fridays are better for me.... ;)

Zara
02-07-2011, 19:44
It was truly delicious Zara... looking forward to working my way through the menu! :hungry: Now I'm back in the land of the working masses, Tuesday & Fridays are better for me.... ;)

Being a lady of leisure I can usually do any time, but last time I called off as I had an appointment with James the hairdresser - so before it sounds like an excuse for not turning up I am booked in on the 11th :)

Added after 5 minutes:

Thinking about it the hairdressing appt. may have been when we met at OMM we had done the hubble, bubble, toil and didn´t have enough time to get round to the trouble as I had to leave early :crylaughing: .

doreen
02-07-2011, 19:53
Okay ... let's go to pm's so we can arrange a suitable time for the two Queen Bees of the Forum :lol: ...

slodgedad
03-07-2011, 00:15
Sorry, I've overlooked this thead, mainly because of the innocuous title.

For a special occasion you have to go to La Terrazza. Only been once, so far, and it's as good as you can get.

Food, service, views, ambience are all of the highest quality, and my missus is hard to please.

confidential
03-07-2011, 09:48
Hairdressers, thought that was a wig Zara is wearing. I will be trying La Terrazza, may I suggest if anyone has a Restaurant or Pub, doing food, we could have a thread with sample menu's.

with cheese
03-07-2011, 23:00
Good Idea but would it be allowed on the forum.

doreen
03-07-2011, 23:38
Good Idea but would it be allowed on the forum.

Probably not, as it could be seen/abused as a form of advertising.

Then again, advertisers on the forum have access to a special thread where they can make announcements and Menus could be detailed there.

with cheese
03-07-2011, 23:53
Doreen as I fancy coming can I ask you put a menu on for me, that should be allowed as it is a request. Or you could put a link up for a menu. Kev

MaxineC
04-07-2011, 00:08
Doreen as I fancy coming can I ask you put a menu on for me, that should be allowed as it is a request. Or you could put a link up for a menu. Kev

Doreen is very particular about the sort of clientele she wants... not sure you fit the criteria! :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
04-07-2011, 00:35

Kev, if you want to see the delights of the La Terrazza, click onto Doreen's signature to see the menu and I am sure you wont be disappointed with what it has to offer and all at a price that gives great value.:)

with cheese
04-07-2011, 06:51
Ecky, well back fella, nice to see you well. Thanks.
I have seen it anyway and defoe intend on going, just trying to keep the shhhhh, plug going for our main hostess.