PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport new bono

tub
10-09-2018, 20:59
hi just got my bono replacement today from the bus station they put the remainder of my old bono onto the new card it was a couple of euros so worth having will try the new one tomorrow

junglejim
12-09-2018, 08:28
Got my Tenmas card a couple of weeks ago & transferred 2 old Bono cards worth €17 onto it - used it OK on trip to Los Cristianos & back .
Registered an account on Tenmas.es and tried to register my card (Asociar) but wouldn't recognise it??
Contacted Tenmas by email & they replied to go toTitsa office at bus station and get it checked ... did that , was told to try and re-register card.... Nope ! Still doesn't accept it !
The New Spanish Beaurocracy has arrived I think !

bennoa1
17-09-2018, 10:14
Do you need any ID to buy one, ie I take it you don;t need to be a resident? I've got a coupe of Bono cards and I'll be out in less than 2 weeks.

junglejim
17-09-2018, 11:13
Do you need any ID to buy one, ie I take it you don;t need to be a resident? I've got a coupe of Bono cards and I'll be out in less than 2 weeks.

You don't need ID but have to go to bus station to transfer value onto card (which costs €2) You can make an account on Tenmas.es with your personal details and "register" your card , allowing you to see your use & top up .(Hasn't worked for me yet !Though I have seen someone else's data )

imablue
17-09-2018, 12:47
Just looked at my account for the first time and every trip is dated,costed correctly (fare) and when credit was added...

tub
17-09-2018, 20:57
have used mine a couple of times will try to make an account so i can look at what is left on the card

AndyG
17-09-2018, 21:16
I had real problems for a few months as part of the original trial but now everything seems to work well. The only strange thing recently is that Titsa now charge a slightly different bus fare for different bustops within my village. Of course I have worked out which is the cheapest just because I like a challenge!

bennoa1
18-09-2018, 09:47
Thanks all. Will get one from Adeje bus station and transfer by Bono when out next week. Use the buses a lot now as they are cheap and efficient, and even more so when my parents are out as my father can't walk as far as he used to.

tub
18-09-2018, 21:35
i tried to register my card but no look do i need to be a resident to do this or have i gone wrong with my application it asked me for details of my address here but i live in england and holiday here

AndyG
18-09-2018, 22:03
If you holiday in private accommodation rather than a hotel, try using that address. I am resident but it seems odd that a regular visitor cannot register their card as one of the main benefits of registering is that you can get your balance protected if you lose your card. Maybe go to the office in Los Cris if you still cannot register your card online and see what they say?

imablue
18-09-2018, 23:17
We got a card for my partners mum and dad ,there was no need for any details concerning address , tourist or resident asked for ...
It seems to me that once you purchase a card and credit it with whatever amount.. and Validate it at the Titsa Bus Point will suffice for it to be used as it has been activated ..as such

bennoa1
19-09-2018, 07:22
Is there a limit on how long the credit lasts. I know the Bono was 12 months from activation.

AndyG
19-09-2018, 11:21
The advertising stated that the card is forever so it should keep running!

mangono5
19-09-2018, 19:27
The card I was told has no time limit, just top it up as required, minimum load is I believe 10 euro and your remaining balance is shown on the device that scans the card when you leave the bus. Should you fail to scan the card on exit of the bus, then you will be charged on the card until the buses final destination.

imablue
19-09-2018, 22:08
I have heard that the card is valid for 2 years, but this is Tenerife guys,also the card can be credited in multiples of 5 euros.

barryk
20-09-2018, 06:38
If you holiday in private accommodation rather than a hotel, try using that address. I am resident but it seems odd that a regular visitor cannot register their card as one of the main benefits of registering is that you can get your balance protected if you lose your card. Maybe go to the office in Los Cris if you still cannot register your card online and see what they say?

I still have a query with the amount being charged for each journey compared to the bono card. On a journey from GDS to LC with my bono card I was charged 1.35 which corresponds to the discounted rate. On the way with my shineynew tenmas card I was charged 1.65 which is equivalent to the cash ticket rate. Has anyone noticed this or had a similar problems. I do not seem to be able to establish what is the correct rate for the tenmas card. I validated on exit etc.
Barryk

AndyG
20-09-2018, 07:41
It should be the same price as the bono but the tenmas can charge slightly different prices within the same village depending on which bus stop you use. I now walk a short distance to get my bus and walk the short distance back when I get off ,to get a slightly lower price within my small village! You can try contacting their customer services but when I did they assured me that the prices charged on tenmas are exactly the prices that should have been charged on the bono.

mangono5
20-09-2018, 11:31
I understand that if you are retirement age you can get a reduced rate by applying to your town hall but I guess this would only apply if you are resident has anybody got any more details on this

AndyG
20-09-2018, 12:15
I think the rate for retired people ( not sure if it is 60/65/other) is €12 per month. I am almost certain you would need to be a resident to qualify.

mangono5
20-09-2018, 12:29
Sorry don't understand your post what is €12 a month rate surely one just gets a reduced charge when one is on the bus many thanks if you could clarify please

AndyG
20-09-2018, 12:43
I only know about a tenmas card for 'mayores' that costs €12 per month. I don't know if retired people get a reduced rate when they pay for the journey by cash, sorry.

Steve56
20-09-2018, 21:02
For pensioners discount you need to apply to the Cabildo (Citizens Council). The fares can be as little as 35 cents but to qualify you are required to be resident and have a pension income of less than 650 euro per annum.

mangono5
21-09-2018, 01:06
Thanks Steve I thought there would be restrictions that apply, thanks for clarifying them.

Steve56
22-09-2018, 09:18
For pensioners discount you need to apply to the Cabildo (Citizens Council). The fares can be as little as 35 cents but to qualify you are required to be resident and have a pension income of less than 650 euro per annum.

Sorry Mangono5, the pension requirement is 650 euros per month and I believe it has to be a Spanish pension.

Together with contactless payment on public transport El Cabildo are planning to extend the use of the Tenmas card to facilitate 70% discounted access to sports, cultural and leisure services for pensioners and disabled who qualify for the discount, thus prompting a policy of economic inclusion that reaches all social groups.