BobMac
29-06-2011, 08:49
Just came across a different Tenerife Forum

Spooky place

Surprising how many members of this forum are also members of it as well

Jackie
29-06-2011, 09:32
Surprising how many members of this forum are also members of it as well

The reason being is that long ago there was only one forum, for various reasons one of the members started up another forum so there was a split. Some people only use this forum, some people only use the other one and some people use both. Regardless of this, many people on both forums are friends and have been for many years since the original tenerifeforum started. There you have it, the reasons behind the other forum starting and the reasons some people are members on both. Didn't we have a thread similar to this last week:crazy::crazy:

pablo1
29-06-2011, 09:45
I've just come across a different football based forum!!

Not so spooky!! Move along, nothing to see here....

Jackie
29-06-2011, 09:48
I've just come across a different football based forum!!

Not so spooky!! Move along, nothing to see here....

What is it with people lately? there have been more threads/posts about the 'other' forum in the last weeks than there has in the years since the split???

pablo1
29-06-2011, 10:00
Don't know or care jackie. Each to there own and all that!
I used to despise the other place because of the snide way it was set up, now I'm just grateful that this one has remained the biggest and best, and it's up to individuals to choose where to post.
Jeez I'm mellowing out as I get older..... :-)

BobMac
29-06-2011, 10:01
The reason being is that long ago there was only one forum, for various reasons one of the members started up another forum so there was a split. Some people only use this forum, some people only use the other one and some people use both. Regardless of this, many people on both forums are friends and have been for many years since the original tenerifeforum started. There you have it, the reasons behind the other forum starting and the reasons some people are members on both. Didn't we have a thread similar to this last week:crazy::crazy:

We did - there is one running on the other forum as well

Sundowner
29-06-2011, 10:15
What is it with people lately? there have been more threads/posts about the 'other' forum in the last weeks than there has in the years since the split???

I think it is because of the zarion situation.......people had to look around to find there way home to this forum :)

sundownersvince
29-06-2011, 10:34
I think it is because of the zarion situation.......people had to look around to find there way home to this forum :)

Exactly, I had a look at the other one last Month but didnt join, didn't look as good....:raspberry:... Glad this ones back.

Zara
29-06-2011, 10:43
Exactly, I had a look at the other one last Month but didnt join, didn't look as good....:raspberry:... Glad this ones back.

Depends what you are looking for - the other forum is quite different from this one, there are very seldom any quarrels, I tend to think some of the threads are a bit intellectual so way above me, but the people are nice and friendly and if people cause trouble they seem to be quickly removed. I enjoy it over there but donīt visit as often as I do this one.:) There is certainly a place for both.

pablo1
29-06-2011, 11:01
I thought Norris, oops I mean delderek would be mooching around this thread! Ha ha! Hope you're still getting your cheap gin del. :-)

dede
29-06-2011, 11:13
I also find that some posters on the other forum appear to have split personalitys, their style and manner of posts are so different to the ones they make on here...wonder why that is?????

sundownersvince
29-06-2011, 11:36
Interlectual........that would be it!:o

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 11:42
Don't know or care jackie. Each to there own and all that!
I used to despise the other place because of the snide way it was set up, now I'm just grateful that this one has remained the biggest and best, and it's up to individuals to choose where to post.
Jeez I'm mellowing out as I get older..... :-)

:crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing: You, mellowing.... that's the funniest thing I've read for days!! :D

tizzywizzy
29-06-2011, 12:41
I also find that some posters on the other forum appear to have split personalitys, their style and manner of posts are so different to the ones they make on here...wonder why that is?????

They are two different forums. I am on both and i can't see anything wrong with posting in a different style if the person wants too.

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 13:00
I'm on both (never rented out pee stained apartments on there either :D) but haven't posted on there in a couple of years. I only really joined to keep in touch with Dave... I much prefer the lunatics on here! :D

admin
29-06-2011, 14:19
The only thing wrong with the other forum is their original choice and continual insistence of using a domain name that is so similar to this one... in fact, just sticking the word 'the' in front of it.

By all means, set up your own forum, but to deliberately try and do it off the back of an already successful one by virtually duplicating the domain name? I don't think so. ;) It has caused confusion and conflict ever since. Why not, if you want to develop your own identity and own forum, then choose a unique domain name in the first place...

Now... if anyone wants to discuss any other forum, please go on that forum and do it, as this forum is about THIS forum :)