PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Outdoor pot plants which need minimal attention . . . .

Meols on Wheels
17-10-2018, 21:45
Hi everyone

I’m a newbie on the forum so apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.

I’d like to have some pot plants ( ie plants in pots!) on my apartment balcony. Trouble is - I’m in the UK more than half the year and won’t have much opportunity to water or look after them. Friends and family will use the apartment also and they could help , but there may be periods of maybe 2 months at a time when no one is around.

Could anyone suggest any plants ( flowering or otherwise decorative) which could survive such periods of neglect ? I don’t really want to resort to plastic plants if at all possible.

Ecky Thump
22-10-2018, 12:03
Hi everyone

I’m a newbie on the forum so apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.

I’d like to have some pot plants ( ie plants in pots!) on my apartment balcony. Trouble is - I’m in the UK more than half the year and won’t have much opportunity to water or look after them. Friends and family will use the apartment also and they could help , but there may be periods of maybe 2 months at a time when no one is around.

Could anyone suggest any plants ( flowering or otherwise decorative) which could survive such periods of neglect ? I don’t really want to resort to plastic plants if at all possible.

Bump!

Can anyone offer this new member some advice?:cry:

atchuy
23-10-2018, 08:41
Check out the sample pots in the accessories section of ATC Furniture

Biggles
04-11-2018, 12:49
We have a Jade plant (Crassula ovata, according to Google) in a tall terracotta pot that gets similar treatment and that has survived Ok for several years and only gets watered roughly every 3 months plus whatever rain may fall on it.

HTH