PDA

View Full Version : Food that we should avoid

Bressin
29-06-2011, 08:53
For living healthy we should eat healthy food.Following are some food items which are not good for health so we should avoid these foods.
1.Trans Fat
2.Common Food Dyes
3.Sodium Sulfite
4.Artificial Sweeteners
5.High Fructose Corn Syrup
6.Monosodium Glutamate.

Jackie
29-06-2011, 09:40
For living healthy we should eat healthy food.Following are some food items which are not good for health so we should avoid these foods.
1.Trans Fat
2.Common Food Dyes
3.Sodium Sulfite
4.Artificial Sweeteners
6.Monosodium Glutamate.

Kill me now haha.. Sorry but there was none of this 'what we should and shouldn't eat' years ago and my grandparents lived till their 90's and my dad is 84 in a few months. Seems to me that nowadays there is too much emphasis on what is good or bad for you and people are dying so much younger.

Vortex Wake
29-06-2011, 09:44
Don't you love it when new members start telling us what to do (non if which is Tenerife related ).

Red Devil
29-06-2011, 10:11
1.Trans Fat
2.Common Food Dyes
3.Sodium Sulfite
4.Artificial Sweeteners
6.Monosodium Glutamate.

Pointless post? Why would anyone want to come onto a Tenerife forum to say that? We must sound a very unhealthy lot.:)

pablo1
29-06-2011, 10:12
Lovely, was looking forward to a food thread - we've not had one for hours..... :-)
No offence OP.

Red Devil
29-06-2011, 10:14
Lovely, was looking forward to a food thread - we've not had one for hours..... :-)
No offence OP.

Oh no, think I've just had all them for my breakfast - don't expect any more posts from me then.:eyebrows:

sundownersvince
29-06-2011, 10:38
Don't you love it when new members start telling us what to do (non if which is Tenerife related ).

Awww.........Probably lonely......... Still, the only way is up?

Suej
29-06-2011, 12:26
When I was a kid and complained about finishing a meal my parents always said "eat the meat!" doesn´t matter about the veg...totally the opposite way round now:confused:

Cos the thread is in the "General chat" section;)

No offence OP.

Was thinking the same thing Pablo! do you think there´s mass dieting going on and they are suffering food withdrawal symptoms:hungry:

Jackie
29-06-2011, 20:15
When I was a kid and complained about finishing a meal my parents always said "eat the meat!" doesn´t matter about the veg...totally the opposite way round now:confused:

Cos the thread is in the "General chat" section;)

Was thinking the same thing Pablo! do you think there´s mass dieting going on and they are suffering food withdrawal symptoms:hungry:

My kids were told eat the bloody lot or you don't get anything else lol :)

Sue please refrain from using these absolutely disgusting words on a family forum ;) :)

Tojack
29-06-2011, 20:50
I don't mind the see food diet Jackie:hungry:

Jackie
29-06-2011, 20:54
I don't mind the see food diet Jackie:hungry:

I love that one haha :) but my favourite one is the Chocolate diet;)

DaveRF
29-06-2011, 20:56
You pays your money and takes your chance ;)

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 21:38
You pays your money and takes your chance ;)

You been on the Zen books again... :crazy:

DaveRF
29-06-2011, 22:01
You been on the Zen books again... :crazy:

Nah they are packed!! Like everything else in the house and it's a month yet before we move!!

Zara
29-06-2011, 23:21
1.Trans Fat
2.Common Food Dyes
3.Sodium Sulfite
4.Artificial Sweeteners
6.Monosodium Glutamate.

But they are only bad for you today, tomorrow they will be good for you depends how much money you are being paid to do the research. Bit like red wine, good for the heart one day and a killer the next :whistle:

pablo1
29-06-2011, 23:24
But they are only bad for you today, tomorrow they will be good for you depends how much money you are being paid to do the research. Bit like red wine, good for the heart one day and a killer the next :whistle:

I'll choose to go with the good for the heart verdict I think... :-)

MaxineC
30-06-2011, 00:57
Nah they are packed!! Like everything else in the house and it's a month yet before we move!!

Now, now. You've been with Paul for 24 years, you know what he's like. You should have been prepared... :raspberry2:

Malteser Monkey
30-06-2011, 14:12

yes so here's an old member asking which language is this ? :raspberry2::whistle::lol:

No offence OP.

:whistle:

or a restaurant thread.:)

so what are you having for tea

Well in my expert opinion and my careful research for many, many years I can confirm.........sorry what was the question:drinking:

Suej
30-06-2011, 14:16
My kids were told eat the bloody lot or you don't get anything else lol :)

Sue please refrain from using these absolutely disgusting words on a family forum ;) :)

We always had to eat meat and two veg Jackie....can´t blame me for that! LOL!:o:eyebrows:

Balcony
03-07-2011, 19:23
Yes, we get bombarded with good food news and bad food news. Just use that thing inside your head and enjoy what you like; just not too much of anything....except when I'm in Tenerife and there's a mid-day pint, an evening pint, wine with dinner....and dinner! OMG, yes filet steak any, no every night! OK, the wife is with me and I have to eat some fish too. But after the latest news maybe with a glass of red instead of white. Or was that rose?