PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting logged out of the Tenerife Forum!

Chris P. Bacon
01-06-2011, 17:49
If I do not post or read the forum for a short while I get logged out, just want to bring it to your attention :crazy:

doreen
01-06-2011, 18:13
Hope you are having a good Birthday Miss Crisp P :)

Chris P. Bacon
01-06-2011, 18:15
Hope you are having a good Birthday Miss Crisp P :)

I certainly am thanks Doreen although I just got logged out again to answer your post :mad:

Ecky Thump
01-06-2011, 18:18
If I do not post or read the forum for a short while I get logged out, just want to bring it to your attention :crazy:

The obvious thing to do, is keep reading and posting!:idea:

Harmonicaman
01-06-2011, 18:19
Yeah, Happy Birthday L. Don't get too drunk!:)

Chris P. Bacon
01-06-2011, 18:25
Thanks guys for your valid advise, however I have to move away from the computer to pour drinks and that's when I get logged off :eyebrows:

onelegnofeet
01-06-2011, 18:34
Oh the butlers day off ........................perhaps

Susief
01-06-2011, 18:34
Thanks guys for your valid advise, however I have to move away from the computer to pour drinks and that's when I get logged off :eyebrows:

Happy birthday CPB, hope you've had a good day. X

with cheese
01-06-2011, 21:16
Its not just your Birthday you know, hope the others have popped round. It is probably because you are using a solar powered laptop and its cloudy.

Zara
01-06-2011, 21:29

It happens to me too - I move from here to TA and find I'm logged out or go to make dinner and have to log in again.

Happy Birthday - sorry it is so late and almost over but hope you had a nice day. x

benward
01-06-2011, 21:34
:bestwishes:Happy Birthday georgeous dont be leading my Carol astray next week :rave:x

COL NIL SATIS
01-06-2011, 21:37

goto Start button bottom left
control panel
click personalisation
click screen saver
change power settings
choose when to turn off display --i set to never
choose when to put the computer to sleep- i set to never

That will stop that from happening ...

Zara
01-06-2011, 21:41
goto Start button bottom left
control panel
click personalisation
click screen saver
change power settings
choose when to turn off display --i set to never
choose when to put the computer to sleep- i set to never

That will stop that from happening ...

My laptop doesnīt hibernate - I am still logged on to other website it is only this one. I come back to the post I was last reading try to answer and find I have been logged out.

COL NIL SATIS
01-06-2011, 21:48
Happens on my site Zara so i did what i put above and it doesn't happen no more,it may be a vbull setting ....

Zara
01-06-2011, 22:24
Despite what I said to you Col I did go and check my settings as per your instructions I have left Dim at 2 mins, Turn off display 30 mins and Sleep was already at never yet when I sent an email to someone and came back to TF less than 5 mins I was already logged out.

COL NIL SATIS
01-06-2011, 22:31
I will have a look on my forum Zara,think there may be a vbull setting Keep me logged in unless i log out...will Pm you if i find it..

COL NIL SATIS
01-06-2011, 22:47
Its a mod that needs to be added Zara

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231609&page=4&highlight=remember

its to do with cookies etc.... Default Check 'Remember Me Box'

What does this do?

This small template modification will make the 'Remember Me' checkbox automatically checked.It'll stop your members being logged out after a short time of inactivity

I always recommend remember me for users that complain about being logged out after so many minutes while typing a thread... I even had the timeout set high but I've never had a problem when they tick the box... this should help them.

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 08:17
I will have a look on my forum Zara,think there may be a vbull setting Keep me logged in unless i log out...will Pm you if i find it..

Perhaps you could let me know as well

obs
02-06-2011, 10:47
Must admit, it happens to me as well, very annoying !!

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 20:07
I'm not getting logged out any more :jumping:

Only once first thing this morning :typing:

slodgedad
02-06-2011, 20:18
Must admit, I was having to log on every time I did something for the first couple of days even with Mod permissions

May have just been a glitch in the new set up, cos I'm fine now too.

Anyone else with the same problem, after using the advice in this thread then submit a HELP (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/support.php?do=newticket) ticket..

I'm hoping the problem is solved

Chris P. Bacon
03-06-2011, 08:50
I'm getting logged out again :wall:

sunspot
03-06-2011, 08:55
Mine went off at 11.30 last night, i could not get back on so went to bed,kept coming up Database error

Ecky Thump
03-06-2011, 09:01
Mine went off at 11.30 last night, i could not get back on so went to bed,kept coming up Database error

Mine too, I wonder how many of us went into a blind panic and thought "Not Again"!

After the forum went down last time, I wonder if nine months from that date, if there will be a rise in the birth rate among TF's members.

PS. Members, was a Freudian slip.:love:

doreen
03-06-2011, 09:29
Mine too, I wonder how many of us went into a blind panic and thought "Not Again"!

After the forum went down last time, I wonder if nine months from that date, if there will be a rise in the birth rate among TF's members.

PS. Members, was a Freudian slip.:love:

:lol:

Just needed a reboot on here ... was back in 40 mins, thank Goodness :)

KirstyJay
03-06-2011, 16:50
There were database overload probs last night, which pooh sorted very quickly, especially considering he's en route to Tenerife as we speak! He's gonna look into it further once he has landed and in his new place, but he's assured me that it's fixed. We still want to find out why we had a spike in activity to do it though.

On another note, the mod that Col Nil Satis suggested has now been added. Let me know if you still get probs.

Zara
03-06-2011, 16:53
I've been off line for over an hour now and still not been logged out so Col Nil Satis suggestion worked for me. :hat:

slodgedad
03-06-2011, 19:11
I've been off line for over an hour now and still not been logged out so Col Nil Satis suggestion worked for me. :hat:

Well done, that man...

Chris P. Bacon
03-06-2011, 19:14
Mine seems better now too :pray:

COL NIL SATIS
03-06-2011, 22:03
Nice one ,glad it seems that the logging out issue is sorted ..great to see

Zara
04-06-2011, 10:53
Just a quick update - I didnīt log out last night and I have only just come on to the forum and I am STILL LOGGED IN brilliant thanks again.