PDA

View Full Version : PC World in Spain

delderek
29-06-2011, 10:23
Curry's Dixon
Warned underlying profits for the year to April 30 were now expected at around £85 million and outlined an action plan to deal with the dire trading, including potentially pulling out of Spain and further cost cutting across the group.

Dixons said it saw little option but to close its 34-strong chain across Spain - a move that would affect 1,200 staff.

It is now launching a consultation process as it reviews the business, which is making losses of around £5 million a year.

Muppet
29-06-2011, 11:09
They are not thinking about pulling out, they decided back in February/March time to go. Since then I believe a Portuguese company has bought some of their stores and a handful will remain one of which I believe is on Tenerife

dede
29-06-2011, 11:17
Something is happening in the one in las chafiras today, i never really had time to look properly but there were big vans outside ????

timmylish
29-06-2011, 21:37
They are not thinking about pulling out, they decided back in February/March time to go. Since then I believe a Portuguese company has bought some of their stores and a handful will remain one of which I believe is on Tenerife

Not sure that this is correct as the manager in the next door shop called Matinez told me a division of their company is taking over the shop and will open in August selling a similar range of goods as PC City did! Hopefully not at the same prices.

Zara
29-06-2011, 23:41

I also heard months ago that they PC World were pulling out of Spain and someone was buying the Las Chafiras store but I don´t know who.