PDA

View Full Version : Other Los cristionas or Costa adeje

Mr s
18-11-2018, 10:13
Hi, just after people’s thoughts, we have been going to los cris for about 6yrs now we do like the area.

I’ve been offered a studio apartment in the Santa Maria Costa Adeje in May time & posibly later on in the yr if needed. Is it a lot more buisier in Costa Adeje, I know there are lot of bars, restaurants & a lot more going on. I know it’s what people prefer at the end of the day, but with the price of flights & accomadation i don’t want to make the wrong decision. Is there any one out there been to both & what are your thoughts, shoughd I stick to los cris we are in our 60s age group.:thanx:

junglejim
19-11-2018, 05:50
The Santa Maria is controlled by Hovima (The Late Kurt Konrad's Hotel Chain) and is a mixture of private apartments and Aparthotel , recently Hovima have been restricting private rentals from using "services" in Santa Maria such as Bar & Restaurant due to "Licencing Letting Laws" - It shouldn't affect your self catering stay there as there are plenty of good bars & restaurants & entertainment within a couple of minutes - access to beaches is good and a couple of reasonable supermarkets close to you .
The main Mercadona is a 10-15 min walk up the hill to San Eugenio Shopping centre and it's about a 10 minute walk to nearest bus stop at Mareverde or longer up past CC San Eugenio . There is a Taxi Rank directly across from hotel .
It's totally different from LC in that it's mainly a Touristic Area whereas LC is a busy working Town .
I stayed in Santa Maria once a long time ago & it was fine but like most complexes the sunbed wars are the same ! LOL! I stay about 500yds uphill from Santa Maria .
Like all tourist areas it has it's issues with pickpockets etc so just be sensible with your money & belongings