PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get a job in North Tenerife if I dont speak Spanish?

Rima
29-06-2011, 12:19
I am now living in nort Tenerife and i really would like to work somewhere, but i dont speak spanish. I am learning, but i have a long way until i will actually speak spanish. Can anyone tell if i have any chances?

Greg
29-06-2011, 18:11
To be honest.. no. Without speaking Spanish you will have to work in tourism, mainly in the south. Good luck with the job hunting.

Rima
29-06-2011, 19:49
thats what i was thinking too thank you any way

babybadger
03-08-2011, 10:57
The best way to learn Spanish is to surround yourself with locals, and not English Locals because you will be lazy and take the easiest option ..... ;)

Worldwalker
18-08-2011, 11:31
I also think that it will be very difficult to get a job without spanish.
In the Moment i am doing an internship in the south of the island. I am working together with to spanish people. It helps me to improve my spanish. Maybe this is also an option for you!?

Or try to get a job in the south, because here we have a lot of english speaking people.

babybadger
18-08-2011, 21:29
Good luck with any job hunting, with 29.8% unemployment in the Canary Islands, I would think these 'all inclusive' hotels have all the jobs....