PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Registering your dog in Tenerife

anegib
29-06-2011, 12:44
I received a registered letter from my local council saying I have to register my dog with them. Went to the office yesterday to be told I need to have photo copy of my NIE. Photocopies of my dogs passport type book with all his vacinations and his chip number. Plus 2 photos of him. This has to be done within 15 days or big fines. Hope this may help anyone else going through the same process.

uptowngirl
29-06-2011, 12:54
What a fantastic idea!!!!!!

I do hope they enforce this.

anegib
29-06-2011, 12:58
I think they will as all my neighbours received the letter as well and we are really off the beaten track on fincas.

sleepy
29-06-2011, 12:59
Must say I've heard nothing of this up to now and whilst I think it could be a great idea if correct,I also fear seeing many more abandoned dogs in the immediate future.

anegib
29-06-2011, 13:03
The letter and forms came from Candelaria council. It does not cost any money to register your dog. I had two forms one for 'dangerous' dog or 'non dangerous' dog. I do hope people will not abandon their dogs just for filling in a form.

sleepy
29-06-2011, 13:10
The letter and forms came from Candelaria council. It does not cost any money to register your dog. I had two forms one for 'dangerous' dog or 'non dangerous' dog. I do hope people will not abandon their dogs just for filling in a form.

But I'm wondering how could the Candelaria Council know you own a dog if it wasn't already registered with them or a vet?

Tom & Sharon
29-06-2011, 13:21
But I'm wondering how could the Candelaria Council know you own a dog if it wasn't already registered with them or a vet?

I wondered how they would know you had a dog too.??????

Zara
29-06-2011, 13:25
I heard about this a long time ago and went to register mine at the Culture Centre in Los Cris as someone said that was were to go - they were not interested, just shrugged and said not necessary.

anegib
29-06-2011, 13:48
I was told when I got him as a pup that because he will be a big dog I had to go to local police station and tell them I had him. I am presuming as my neighbours are also receiving these letters and have not registered their dogs that the vets are informing the council. Just a guess.

yourneighbourdi
29-06-2011, 13:49
I heard about this a long time ago and went to register mine at the Culture Centre in Los Cris as someone said that was were to go - they were not interested, just shrugged and said not necessary.

Did much the same thing..i have to go through the Vet...who has to check all vaccinations are up to date etc...then the vet bills start mounting up. :dog:

Pets@Home
29-06-2011, 14:41
First I have heard of it, any road all my Quarantines are up to date with everything as are my dogs, plus have residencia, I will wait for the letter .........

tendedburrito
29-06-2011, 15:55
We were told to register our two dogs with Adeje town hall about 4 1/2 years ago, so its not a new thing.

Its in the Sanidad office opposite the main ayuntamiento office if anyone is going to do it. Only took a few minutes and didnt cost anything.

casabonny
29-06-2011, 16:17
AS far as I am aware it has always been law that all dogs must be registered at the appropriate town halls and that they must also be covered on insurance whether under a house policy covering domestic anilmals or as a separate policy if the dogs are unable to be covered under the normal policy.This being for Civil responsibility ie to us Public liability.
We have done this since we lived here( over 14 years so its not new) and have registered dogs inSan Miguel, Adeje and Arona.
Remember though that if you move you have to DE register the dog in the old municipality before registering in the new.
I suspect that this new batch of letters has come as a result of the sharing of information between authorities or perhaps more simplistically that PC plod knows there are dogs in X area and have instigated this so they can then do random checks on paperwork and fine where necessary.

Zara
29-06-2011, 19:12
We were told to register our two dogs with Adeje town hall about 4 1/2 years ago, so its not a new thing.

Its in the Sanidad office opposite the main ayuntamiento office if anyone is going to do it. Only took a few minutes and didnt cost anything.

It would have been about 3 years ago that we tried and got nowhere.

slodgedad
09-05-2013, 00:21
Where do we register our dog if we live in Las Chafiras.

I know it must be San Miguel, but where exactly?

kiwiphil
09-05-2013, 00:33
Where do we register our dog if we live in Las Chafiras.

I know it must be San Miguel, but where exactly?

I just registered my 2 dogs and went to the SAC office in El Medano to do it. The cost is 4 euros per dog. You need your NIE, your dog's passport and a copy of every page of the dog passport that has anything written on it. It took half an hour for them to do it, and then a week later they call you and you have to go back to get the official form.

I think you can probably do it Las Chafiras.

Oficina de registro descentralizada (SAC Las Chafiras): de lunes a viernes de 8 a 14:00 horas. Ctra. Gral. a Las Galletas, Las Chafiras.

http://sanmigueldeabona.es/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=298:oficinas-municipales-de-registro&Itemid=246&lang=es

slodgedad
09-05-2013, 00:43
Brilliant. Cheers, K.

Jollypolly
03-10-2013, 10:00
I received a registered letter from my local council saying I have to register my dog with them. Went to the office yesterday to be told I need to have photo copy of my NIE. Photocopies of my dogs passport type book with all his vacinations and his chip number. Plus 2 photos of him. This has to be done within 15 days or big fines. Hope this may help anyone else going through the same process.

Hi,

I am about to register our dog, we live in the Adeje area. Has anyone on the forum registered a dog recently? and if so, is the above information still in date. I would appreciate any advice or
information. Thanks

Janet
26-04-2014, 19:27
Do I need my landlord permission to have dog and if I don't have permission can I be chucked out I have no contract

bonitatime
26-04-2014, 22:27
If you have no cntract it is difficult to get chucked out but if you have had done sort if contract they often automatically renew

slippyjim
15-07-2014, 00:30
I've heard about this dog registering before but never known anyone who has actually done it, has anyone done it in the Los cris area?

Ecky Thump
15-07-2014, 00:31
I've heard about this dog registering before but never known anyone who has actually done it, has anyone done it in the Los cris area?

SloppyJim and his link strike again!!

robtec57
15-07-2014, 14:38
i registered my dog at sac just took everything no probs