PDA

View Full Version : Check Orcar and Autoreisen for cheaper car hire prices

El Rico PL
29-06-2011, 16:37
Just rebooked my car for August.
My first ORCAR reservation was 378E that was 3 months ago.
Now the price is 288E for the same 14 days in August.

Check your reservation and maybe there is cheaper price for others months.
That price made me to use Orcar-Autoreisen again than Cicar.

Good move orcar-autoreisen !!!

Happy Days - more money for fun over Tenerife !!!

atlantico
29-06-2011, 16:55
Just watch for the Fuel Tank Scam !

Full tank when collect at EXTORTIONATE price per gallon/litre.

moonlighter
29-06-2011, 17:00
Just watch for the Fuel Tank Scam !

Full tank when collect at EXTORTIONATE price per gallon/litre.

No such scam with Autoreisen/Orcar, they are the only company that I know of do which do not run the fuel scam.

Susief
29-06-2011, 18:22
We've done that a few times, you just email them and cancel your booking, then rebook.
It tends to be when the euro rate has gone up/down!
Autoreisen/Orcar are really good with no added extras, even second driver is free!

Jackie
29-06-2011, 20:04
My husband uses Autoreisen on a regular basis and they do not use the full tank scam. You take the car back with the same amount of petrol as you collect it with. They always give him an upgrade as well for being a regular client. He was here for the week last week and he booked a smaller car this time, a Fiesta, and instead of giving him an upgrade they only charged him 10 euros per day, bargain or what :)

Su1
29-06-2011, 21:35
I've just rebooked our July/August booking with AR - 100 euros less- never had such a big reduction! Also booked three weeks in Sept for less than 300 Euros for a 5 door Group B car. I always keep regular checks on the prices, tend to book well in advance, then cancel/rebook if the prices fall.
We have never had to pay extra for petrol with AR - just return it with the same amount. Just hope AR don't follow the others!
Once had a puncture in an AR car and they replaced the trye - no fee or fuss - we just phoned them and them took the punctured trye back to the airport.
Another incident -We also returned to our AR hire car to find it badly damaged. fortunately the culprit had left contact details. Contacted AR who replaced the car and sorted it all out and there were no extra charges.
OK their cars are not usually the newest on the block, but their service has always been 1st class. We did once have a very new car only a few K on the clock- frightened us to death in case it got damaged!!!!
:car:
Hope the reduced prices is not an indication that they are not doing well.......:pray:

slodgedad
30-06-2011, 01:04
This may be slightly off topic but petrol in the airport, if you' re picking up an empty car, is actually cheaper than on the motorway, if you are heading towards the south.

Surprising, I know.

sundownersvince
30-06-2011, 01:25
I still get surprised when I put a tenners worth in and the guage moves more than a quarter!!!!!!!!