PDA

View Full Version : Is a calima likely this July & August?

PUDCLARKE
29-06-2011, 16:37
Hi,
Last July/August when we visited, there was a Calima over the Island which prevented us from seeing anything when we went up Teide. Can anyone advise if this is happening again or is likely to ? (not sure if it's a common thing in the height of summer or whether we were just unlucky last year)
Many thanks

Suej
29-06-2011, 16:41
Hi,
Last July/August when we visited, there was a Calima over the Island which prevented us from seeing anything when we went up Teide. Can anyone advise if this is happening again or is likely to ? (not sure if it's a common thing in the height of summer or whether we were just unlucky last year)
Many thanks

They can happen anytime in fact I think we have more Calimas in spring so hope you are not unlucky this time, have a great holiday!:)

timmylish
29-06-2011, 21:31
It is entirely dependent on the prevailing winds at any given moment blowing sand, debris and insects from Africa. So, get your electric fans switched on and point them towards Africa. NOW!

Jackie
29-06-2011, 21:50
I was told when I first moved here to expect about three Calimas per year, I think if I remember correctly we had about 10 the first year I moved here and they still seem to be coming as frequently. Even though the temperatures go through the roof I can deal with the Calimas much better than the Scirocco's, I so hate that hot wind :(

PUDCLARKE
26-07-2011, 22:29
Hi All,
Only a couple of days before we arrive - hows the weather in the south - it is clear enough to go up Tiede or is it affected by a calima again ?
Thanks

Andy0210
26-07-2011, 22:45
Clear at the moment! Well its dark actually but it was clear earlier. :)

marbro8
26-07-2011, 22:46
Hi,
Many thankscome to sunny walsall you will be soooo safe:eyebrows:

junglejim
26-07-2011, 22:56
Have a look at Doreen's web cam tomorrow on Playa Troya and see how clear it is - check out the menu as well , very tempting!!
http://www.laterrazzadelmare.com/en/webcam.html

Muppet
27-07-2011, 09:49
Have a look at Doreen's web cam tomorrow on Playa Troya and see how clear it is - check out the menu as well , very tempting!!
http://www.laterrazzadelmare.com/en/webcam.html

No point if you only have Internet Explorer though ........

bonitatime
27-07-2011, 10:28
Its lovely today an the sky is clear.

candy2411
27-07-2011, 10:40
Hope it stays clear as I'm over next week and hoping for wall to wall sunshine.....none of the grey stuff thankyou!!:pray: