x

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 16:55
hows about 100 old Pesatas

x

Hows about 3 years moderators wages..:crazy::crazy:

SuzyQ
29-05-2011, 16:58
It's very odd though. For the owner of a massive forum to not answer any emails or messages, to disappear from ciberspace. Most of us log on to the net daily, even hourly. Some of us have smartphones and can check email anytime, anywhere. My phone pings when anything happens on my facebook. This is the age of communication. Wouldn't you think Zarion would have all this at his fingertips. Very odd.

obs
29-05-2011, 17:08
Hows about 3 years moderators wages..:crazy::crazy:

Now now slodgie, you knew the salary when you started !! :lol::lol:

onelegnofeet
29-05-2011, 17:24
Now now slodgie, you knew the salary when you started !! :lol::lol:

Yes but that was before i joined !!!

atlantico
29-05-2011, 19:20
don't see why someone cant go knocking on Zarions door - if he lived in Headington, Oxford

as can be seen here (http://whois.domaintools.com/tenerifeforum.com)

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 19:37
don't see why someone cant go knocking on Zarions door - if he lived in Headington, Oxford

as can be seen here (http://whois.domaintools.com/tenerifeforum.com)Because that address has not been current for a long time. I'm sure everyone thinks I'm stupid. Have you any idea how many who is records and company searches I've done over the years to get in touch with zarion when the forum has gone down in the past?... Well, no. I would not expect you to. :)

Now... if you can tell me who the forum host is these days, that would be good, as I have no idea.

atlantico
29-05-2011, 19:41
wouldn't vBulletin know ?

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 19:45
wouldn't vBulletin know ?

Probably, but why would they tell a stranger?

Without permissions we cannot do anything.

As far as VF is concerned Kirsty could be a hacker, which is why she ultimately resigned.

Without permissions her job was untenable.

atlantico
29-05-2011, 19:50
OK, does this jog anyones memory?

Host ATLS-AB
IP Address: 94.136.40.82
Name Servers: ns.hosteurope.com, ns2.hosteurope.com

info as per ****************.co.uk, which was the 'same' alternative domain ?

try webfusion.com t/a 123 Reg

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 19:51
wouldn't vBulletin know ?No... they don't know my address! I bought a copy too last year... this one. ;)

If vBulletin had credit card details they would a) be well out of date by now and b) as slodge said, they would not give them to me. Data protection.

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 19:55
OK, does this jog anyones memory?

Host ATLS-AB
IP Address: 94.136.40.82
Name Servers: ns.hosteurope.com, ns2.hosteurope.com

info as per ****************.co.uk, which was the 'same' alternative domain ?

try webfusion.com t/a 123 Reg

Tenerifeforum has it's OWN nameservers, hence why it's hard to trace. It's a dedicated server - ns1.tenerifeforum.com & ns2.tenerifeforum.com. Webfusion is for 123-reg.co.uk, which is the domain registrar. You can redirect domain via their control panel, as that one is. Good try though. I like your thinking. :)

doreen
29-05-2011, 20:16
Any use - http://www.viunk.es/dominio/tenerifeforum.com

Proveedor Hosting Lakota Data Center LLC

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 20:24
Will give that a try. There's an email address on the site, so maybe they can at lease tell me the state of the server and whether or not the hosting's paid.

Pooh
29-05-2011, 20:25
Any use - http://www.viunk.es/dominio/tenerifeforum.com

Proveedor Hosting Lakota Data Center LLC

I tracked it to another data center; Also in texas, though.
But it doesn't really help - they won't give info to external people.

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 20:40
Just fired off the following email to Doreen's lead. Let's see if I get a reply, as I've given specific info to them that no one else would know.

Personal info is starred out :)

Hi there,

After doing some searching on the net, I have reason to believe that your datacenter is hosting the account for Tenerife Forum (tenerifeforum.com).

I am the co-administrator of this forum, and it is very big with lots of members, so it is important that we keep it online. It has recently gone offline and is not even resolving anymore, so I am contacting you to try and find out what's going on, as the administrator is uncontactable.

We have set up a fresh install of our forum software on a new domain in the interim, however we are desperately trying to find out if the forum is just broke, or whether the hosting is due, or any other reason why it has gone down.

I obviously do not expect you to give me access to the server without knowing my identity, however I would appreciate an update on the status of the server, whether or not it's a temporary issue and if there is anything that we can do to get it back up and running in the absence of the Admin.

Also, if you have any other information regarding contact details for the site admin other than the tenerifeforum*********** address that I have, I would be grateful, as it may help tracking him down.

His name is ****************, and the last known address I have is ***************

Thanks in advance for any help if you can indeed assist!

Kirsty. (username kirstyjay if you want to verify my co-admin status within the forum database.)

If they have access to the forum files and databse, they could easily verify my status on the forum.

cainaries
29-05-2011, 22:32
Absolutely nothing to do with anything but it's a holiday in the States tomorrow (no, not Canaries Day) so doubt anyone will be at their desks before Tuesday pm our time.

fonica
29-05-2011, 22:36
You all seem to be doing amazingly well without him/her/it.Congratulations on what mush have been a huge amount of work completed in a very short time.You should be very proud of yourselves.

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 22:49
You all seem to be doing amazingly well without him/her/it.Congratulations on what mush have been a huge amount of work completed in a very short time.You should be very proud of yourselves.

I, for one, totally agree. I have had nothing to do with the recent work (Too Thick) but have pulled my weight in the work I can do after we were back on line.

I am proud, once again, to be associated with a site that is more interested in help and information than making money..

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 09:07
Just an udate, but I have had a reply from the hosting company. Doreen's research was not correct, but it was close, and my mail was forwarded so I am now in contact with the account holders.

It's not looking good... talk of 'urgent contact' and referring to the forum in the past tense are not giving me a good feeling.

With the last hosting company my details were also on the register, as I paid the hosting directly from the advertising cash, so it was a lot simpler to get access, or get information if zarion disappeared... this time it's not so simple, as this is the first time I've had any contact with them, which can be a little dubious to say the least!

9PLUS
30-05-2011, 09:39
But MaxineC is Zarion

with cheese
30-05-2011, 09:40
But MaxineC is Zarion
And where is SHE/HE

9PLUS
30-05-2011, 09:46
And where is SHE/HE

in my pocket

x

with cheese
30-05-2011, 09:47
in my pocket

x
I could be Zarion or MaxineC.

9PLUS
30-05-2011, 09:52
I could be Zarion or MaxineC.

at weekends?

with cheese
30-05-2011, 09:55
Something for the weekend our little Sparkie.

atlantico
30-05-2011, 12:14
why not post Zarions personal details, like his real name, someone on the forum may know him and his whereabouts. I know its personal BUT what if he was very ill etc, he may appreciate it. Could delete his details afterwards.

Tom & Sharon
30-05-2011, 12:20
why not post Zarions personal details, like his real name, someone on the forum may know him and his whereabouts. I know its personal BUT what if he was very ill etc, he may appreciate it. Could delete his details afterwards.

Yeah, I can't see the point in them being anonymous anymore. In this day and age no-one can really disappear, someone must know his/her whereabouts.

Why does he/she have to be a secret? It's just an owner of a .com address not anyone special!

Zara
30-05-2011, 12:23
Yeah, I can't see the point in them being anonymous anymore. In this day and age no-one can really disappear, someone must know his/her whereabouts.

Why does he/she have to be a secret? It's just an owner of a .com address not anyone special!

Well he has made a pretty good job of it :eyebrows: and as he has managed to stay anonymous he could be someone special we are unlikely to find out :crylaughing:

pablo1
30-05-2011, 12:32
I always thought of Kirsty as the life-force behind the forum, and having her back(along with others) in control will eventually turn this place into a bigger and better version of the previous forum.

obs
30-05-2011, 12:33
Maybe himshe has a 'super injunction' on Kirsty .... :whistle: :eyebrows:

9PLUS
30-05-2011, 12:33
Bit silly anyway hey the anonymous Internet forum owner.

TOTO 99
30-05-2011, 12:35
Bit silly anyway hey the anonymous Internet forum owner.

I agree, all a bit "Charlies Angels"...

Tom & Sharon
30-05-2011, 12:39
Zarion certainly doesn't deserve any loyalty from anyone that's for sure.

Apollo
30-05-2011, 12:39
Sorry if this has already been said, but what is with all the secrecy with this Zarion thing??
I mean, what is he/she trying to be?? A secret agent??

It all seems a bit daft and pointless to me

Tom & Sharon
30-05-2011, 12:42
Name & Registered Office:
TENERIFE FORUM LIMITED
ORCHARD HOUSE BANBURY ROAD
PILLERTON PRIORS
WARWICK
WARWICKSHIRE
CV35 0PG
Company No. 05846870

Company dissolved on 12/05/2009

TOTO 99
30-05-2011, 12:45
He has all our previous details anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's kept everything the same, passwords etc. Thank god we don't have to pay or he'd have those details too!
Nothing stopping him coming on here and starting world war 3.

Tom & Sharon
30-05-2011, 13:19
Name & Registered Office:
TENERIFE FORUM LIMITED
ORCHARD HOUSE BANBURY ROAD
PILLERTON PRIORS
WARWICK

This property was sold on 8th December 2010 for £280,000.

Moved again? Took the money and ran?

Tom & Sharon
30-05-2011, 13:54
The phone no. for this house is ***********

A quick call to the current owners might give you a clue Kirsty.

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 14:08
The phone no. for this house is ***********

A quick call to the current owners might give you a clue Kirsty.Once again, how stupid do you think I am? Every number that you find on google or any other search engine, I either had or found ages ago.., plus others that you will not find, because I know more info to search for than you.

I hope life is always as simple as that for you, but I've been doing this for 3 years. every time the forum goes off. Give me some credit. ;)

We have a current lead we are following up. All info that members have found and posted is INCORRECT and has been for over a year. I feel sorry for the poor people a banbury house whose address had now been plastered on a busy Internet forum without their consent. If you wanted to send me a number, you could have done it via PM too. Why don't you try the number...? See if you get an answer. :)

Apollo
30-05-2011, 14:10
Once again, how stupid do you think I am? Every number that you find on google or any other search engine, I either had or found ages ago.., plus others that you will not find, because I know more info to search for than you.

I hope life is always as simple as that for you, but I've been doing this for 3 years. every time the forum goes off. Give me some credit. ;)

We have a current lead we are following up. All info that members have found and posted is INCORRECT and had been for over a year.

I think people are only trying to help

Tom & Sharon
30-05-2011, 14:13
Once again, how stupid do you think I am? Every number that you find on google or any other search engine, I either had or found ages ago.., plus others that you will not find, because I know more info to search for than you.

We have a current lead we are following up. All info that members have found and posted is INCORRECT and had been for over a year.

::cry::cry::cry:;)

penelope pitstop
30-05-2011, 14:17
I never understood the big secrecy about Zarion either. I also don't understand why the original forum has ceased operation.

penelope pitstop

MrsTT
30-05-2011, 14:20
I never understood the big secrecy about Zarion either. I also don't understand why the original forum has ceased operation.

penelope pitstop

A big secret because Zarion chose to operate in that fashion - not our choice!

The forum ceased to operate because bills to the hosting servers stopped being paid.

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 14:54

penelope pitstop

He wanted to stop people being able to interfere with his private life or persecute him for decisions they didn't like as the last port of call.

Simple and understandable, especially if you've ever been a mod and realise how vindictive trolls can be.

sunspot
30-05-2011, 15:03
Why dont we all leave the admin to worry about Zarion,they have much more chance than any of us and to be honest as long as we have this forum, which is getting better by the hour why dont we put all our efforts into posting good information and making this forum the best...............once again

tonypub
30-05-2011, 15:06
Why dont we all leave the admin to worry about Zarion,they have much more chance than any of us and to be honest as long as we have this forum, which is getting better by the hour why dont we put all our efforts into posting good information and making this forum the best...............once againhere here.the best way we can help is by putting what we know on here,leave it to the geeks to find the scarlet pimpernel

MrsTT
30-05-2011, 15:08
As I have always been visible to the members I can assure you that it can suddenly feel very uncomfortable when you do get threatening posts - :eek: especially when they remain anonymous! I quite understand his wish for privacy. Unfortunately if we want the forum to continue we need to support the rescue party and get on with it.

murph
31-05-2011, 13:32
Why dont we all leave the admin to worry about Zarion,they have much more chance than any of us and to be honest as long as we have this forum, which is getting better by the hour why dont we put all our efforts into posting good information and making this forum the best...............once again

Quite right, let's just enjoy the forum

Pooch and Mutt
31-05-2011, 16:46
Quite right, let's just enjoy the forum

looks like zarion has returned, the old forum is back up and running again.

richie
31-05-2011, 17:02
looks like zarion has returned, the old forum is back up and running again.

just had a look over there,there are 114 members online there, compaired with 30 on here

sunspot
31-05-2011, 17:06
114 members who were told to get back over here while the bugs are sorted out.....................sometimes i wonder!!!!!!.....:wall::wall::wall:

richie
31-05-2011, 17:08
114 members who were told to get back over here while the bugs are sorted out.....................sometimes i wonder!!!!!!.....:wall::wall::wall:

another 5 119

richie
31-05-2011, 17:26
another 5 119

just proves the old saying is correct.tell someone not to do a thing and they will do it. 139 now:doh:

Chris P. Bacon
31-05-2011, 17:29
Well I logged off as I always do what people tell me :D

richie
31-05-2011, 17:31
Well I logged off as I always do what people tell me :D

goody two shoes,miss piggy.

Pooch and Mutt
31-05-2011, 20:20
has this 2 forum situation become a living soap?
i seem to remember not so long ago a similar situation when the original forum caused a spin off/splinter group to form their own forum, there was blood and snot everywhere, all the drama, it was excellent, in fact i havnt laughed so much since, the only exception being when i seen slur alex ferguscum trembling and clenching his fists during his euro cup final humiliation.
i think this 2 forum saga has a good few miles to go yet and i personally am looking very forward to it.
i think there is every possibility of legal action being involved, not that i am an expert of course, i am the victim of a gagging order and cant say much more, OH will make my life a misery.
its a bit like dallas but barnsley style.
itll be fun to watch the plot unfold.
eyyy upp.

cainaries
31-05-2011, 20:47
I'm sure I read somewhere that the server host of the old forum is in Texas. I used to work for a firm based in Texas and our website was always crashing and used to crash for days on end. Everyone there agreed it was frustrating but seemed to think it was a fairly normal occurance. Bit like moving here and discovering power cuts are just shrugged off as a fact of life. No idea if this is any use.

KirstyJay
31-05-2011, 21:09
We found the server company 2 days ago. I have been emailing them since. The problem was not the server, it was 2 months of outstanding fees at over 170$ a month. They have now been paid.

Pooch and Mutt
31-05-2011, 21:56

thats the one, screw you jack (or zarion)

Bazz
31-05-2011, 22:08

penelope pitstop
Simples. You don't need to know JP, sorry PP :lol: