PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a hotel in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife

Cruise
29-06-2011, 18:11
Hi , planning on going on a Friday for 2 nights ...now looking for a decent 3,4,5 star hotel.....which would you recommend....like to be near the lido....HB, food needs to be great....hopefully sea view room or pool view....may even consider AI...depends on price...2 people..., 1 adult, 1 12 year old.....hopefully have great entertainment and a spa being the extra bonus....looking to spend apprx...50 to 60E per person per night.....also need transport from south to north return......

Any great suggestion....looked at loads but can¨t make a decision as prefer to be recommended...

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your help..

Suej
29-06-2011, 18:13
PM Canarybird I´m sure she will know of somewhere suitable! good luck!

tmfkahs
29-06-2011, 19:01
The Catalonia Las Vegas (4*) is good value for money, by the Lido, if you look for it on destinia.com or so.

uptowngirl
29-06-2011, 19:29
send the office an email, we get some excellent offers for both residents and non-residents.

Someone available from 0900 until 2100 , 7 days a week. info@tenerifesunshine.com

Zara
29-06-2011, 19:39
Is there a specific reason why you are going HB as there are loads of really great places to eat cheaply in Puerto. I would recommend the Monopol Hotel by the harbour and if you want to PM me an email address I will send you a whole list of places to eat.

Zara
29-06-2011, 22:09
If you should hire a car there is free parking within 5 mins walk from the hotel On this map http://www.tenerifetravel.co.uk/maps/puerto_de_la_cruz_map.gif the hotel (although not named) is in E2 and parking is in E1. It is also very close to the centre of the old town Plaza del Charco.

Zara
29-06-2011, 23:11
You are slightly off on the location.

The Monopol is in F1 and marked.

The free car park is in E1 as you say, although I am not sure I would like to leave a hire car there overnight.

No offence intended just a personal opinion as I had a hire car vandalised and parts stolen there during the daytime. Even the 1€ to the so called 'Car park attendant' did not make any difference.

You are of course correct - that will teach me to type a reply while watching TV :o

I don´t however agree about the car park, I have left my car there on many occasions, parked up and left for the weekend and it has been fine - better a hire car than your own :whistle: When I hire a car though I normally pay the extra daily cost so if something unfortunate happens I am not left with picking up the huge excess to pay.

Pooh
29-06-2011, 23:18
I stayed in Monopol when I was here in April looking around for a place to rent. Nice hotel.
The parking in the Harbour is ok, everybody parks there, (even with their own luxury cars), and I had my rental car there most of the time, except when they closed it for some kind of festival - then I parked in the pay garage just behind the hotel. (Although that's €15 per day...)

jmcd
30-06-2011, 00:11
The hotels on this web page are pretty reasonable

I have whittled them down to four star and HB or AI

http://www.hotelopia.com/results.aspx

Cruise
30-06-2011, 18:36
You are of course correct - that will teach me to type a reply while watching TV :o

I don´t however agree about the car park, I have left my car there on many occasions, parked up and left for the weekend and it has been fine - better a hire car than your own :whistle: When I hire a car though I normally pay the extra daily cost so if something unfortunate happens I am not left with picking up the huge excess to pay.

Thanks, but the last thing i want to do is drive......I live here.....and I love lots of choices of food all in the same place and so does my son , We will want a little of this and a little of that etc.....i.e. why I want to go HB....Thanks

imablue
30-06-2011, 18:51
try the "Semimaris" excellent....just out of town before the tunnel going into Puerto....the facilities there are brilliant ....

Megaloo
30-06-2011, 21:49
The Beatrix Atlantis is also very good, overlooking the beach. Very central.

If you want real luxury the Botancal but a bit expensive.

But if you want a reasonable price with a Spa a little out of town is the Playa Canaria Hotel

Rickiebear
27-07-2011, 18:37
Hi my parents like the Oratave Palace just off the sea front, they stayed there many times.