PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Dukan Diet?

uptowngirl
30-06-2011, 01:04
Anyone else out there doing the Dukan Diet???

Its not that easy to source products over here so it would be great for me and my mate Dizzy Dee to swap ideas etc with others over here.

Thanks

Ps, we already have some great recipes :hungry::hungry::hungry::fryingpan::fryingpan:

junglejim
30-06-2011, 07:48
Here you are - fill yer boots , or is it belly?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dukan+diet+recipes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

willowlily
30-06-2011, 10:44
Anyone else out there doing the Dukan Diet???

Its not that easy to source products over here so it would be great for me and my mate Dizzy Dee to swap ideas etc with others over here.

Thanks

Ps, we already have some great recipes :hungry::hungry::hungry::fryingpan::fryingpan:

the " DUKAN" diet is the follow up to the "DO CAN" diet, just eat less and then you " CAN DO IT "

uptowngirl
30-06-2011, 11:29
Here you are - fill yer boots , or is it belly?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dukan+diet+recipes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I have all the books and sources ta........................ just looking for other dieters over here on the rock to see where they are sourcing specific products from:rolleyes:

williethetim
30-06-2011, 12:16
I use it , i "Duk an" pass the bakers shop

uptowngirl
30-06-2011, 18:43
Aah, as per usual...................... no sensible responses only off topic s*hite:rolleyes:

Goforgold
30-06-2011, 19:16
Hi Uptowngirl - I don't live in Tenerife so can't help with the sourcing of products, but will go and take a read and see what the diet is as I've never heard of it before.

Have you and your friend had good results on it?

uptowngirl
30-06-2011, 19:21
Hi Uptowngirl - I don't live in Tenerife so can't help with the sourcing of products, but will go and take a read and see what the diet is as I've never heard of it before.

Have you and your friend had good results on it?

We only started on Monday, and I am even surprised in myself to see how well I have stuck to it lololol

We have been to over 7 shops trying to source wheat bran today........................ all either sold out or don't sell it, and of them were Mercadona!!!!

So today we have had a good run around and managed to source low fat cottage cheese, Quark, Creme Fraiche, Mozerella etc etc

We have been experimenting with different meals and we are quite enlightened by some of the allowances.

As you will see from the diet, after the ATTACK phase, you then go onto CRUISE, which is alternated days of protein only, followed by vegetables and protein....................... only problem being is that I don't like vegetables lololololool

I can feel lots of vegetable soups being made in my house lololo:spin::spin:

The reason we decided to try it is that we have heard so many good reports about it, including one of my good friends in the UK who has lost 3 stone in 4 months and admits that she has not stuck to it religiously when she has had to attend dinner parties and balls etc

ANother friend on the golf del sur has lost half a stone in a week

Me and dizzy dee have both lost a kilo since Monday. But I am sure we will lose more when we get hold of the Bran............ if ya get ma drift lololol

We have got some great recipes from the net, including crisp breads, oat bran bread, meat crisps, quiche etc etc and it is MOI who has cleared iceland chafiras out of Muller Light toffee yoghurts and low fat cottage cheese!!:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Goforgold
30-06-2011, 19:25
We only started on Monday, and I am even surprised in myself to see how well I have stuck to it lololol

We have been to over 7 shops trying to source wheat bran today........................ all either sold out or don't sell it, and of them were Mercadona!!!!

So today we have had a good run around and managed to source low fat cottage cheese, Quark, Creme Fraiche, Mozerella etc etc

We have been experimenting with different meals and we are quite enlightened by some of the allowances.

As you will see from the diet, after the ATTACK phase, you then go onto CRUISE, which is alternated days of protein only, followed by vegetables and protein....................... only problem being is that I don't like vegetables lololololool

I can feel lots of vegetable soups being made in my house lololo:spin::spin:

I don't like vegetables either - but I love my homemade veggie soup, so count that as eating my 'greens'.

I've had a quick look at the link but there seems a lot to 'digest' 'scuse the pun but will take a closer look over the weekend.

doreen
30-06-2011, 19:31
I've been reading about it, uptowngirl ... and it does seem very like Atkins ... except concentrating on low fat protein.

A few days of nothing but protein, followed by many weeks of protein days with vegetable & protein days ... not sure I could survive so long about fruit.

Will be very interested to know how you get on .... is it easy to get oat bran here ??

EDIT - you posted whilst I was doing my reading about it :) And isn't wheat bran different to oat bran ??

uptowngirl
30-06-2011, 20:07
I've been reading about it, uptowngirl ... and it does seem very like Atkins ... except concentrating on low fat protein.

A few days of nothing but protein, followed by many weeks of protein days with vegetable & protein days ... not sure I could survive so long about fruit.

Will be very interested to know how you get on .... is it easy to get oat bran here ??

EDIT - you posted whilst I was doing my reading about it :) And isn't wheat bran different to oat bran ??

YES!!! Oat bran, today I have found it in SUPERCOR and then you can generally get it from the health food shops, I believe there is one in Galletas and San Isidro. I purchased mine in Trebol in Adeje., 2.50euro a bag and the woman laughed as she said EVERYONE has gone mad for this diet, hence the reason the WHEAT BRAN is selling out possibly lolololo

SO general rules are Oatbran, but WHEAT BRAN can be added aswell, to lets say, keep things regular!!! (I am now quite eager to get some wheat bran lolololol)

Sort of similar to the ATKINS, however, Atkins was all full fat, ie cream, fried foods etc, which in all honesty I just cannot do!!

I will keep you posted

in the meantime, here is a link where we are getting some great recipes from and advice. I have both books, the diet and the recipe book and it is pretty good and lets hope I can stick with it........................ :):)

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/ \\

Quite worried about the fruit, as I LOVE fruit. The hardest part for me is serving the baby up with all her yummy meals and having to resist lololl

willowlily
30-06-2011, 21:23
Aah, as per usual...................... no sensible responses only off topic s*hite:rolleyes:

sorry uptown girl but with the name " DUKAN DIET " i just could not resist, never had any weight problems in my life at 1.80 and 60 kilos i must be eating the right foods in the right amount, and i do not deprive myself ask anybody that knows me, still a little lighthearted fun goes a long way.
i wish you success.

Megaloo
30-06-2011, 21:32
YES!!! Oat bran, today I have found it in SUPERCOR and then you can generally get it from the health food shops, I believe there is one in Galletas and San Isidro. I purchased mine in Trebol in Adeje., 2.50euro a bag and the woman laughed as she said EVERYONE has gone mad for this diet, hence the reason the WHEAT BRAN is selling out possibly lolololo

SO general rules are Oatbran, but WHEAT BRAN can be added aswell, to lets say, keep things regular!!! (I am now quite eager to get some wheat bran lolololol)

Sort of similar to the ATKINS, however, Atkins was all full fat, ie cream, fried foods etc, which in all honesty I just cannot do!!

I will keep you posted

in the meantime, here is a link where we are getting some great recipes from and advice. I have both books, the diet and the recipe book and it is pretty good and lets hope I can stick with it........................ :):)

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/ \\

Quite worried about the fruit, as I LOVE fruit. The hardest part for me is serving the baby up with all her yummy meals and having to resist lololl

Thanks for telling us about this . I am going to read up, but the mention of fruit, I love fruit and have been pigging myself on strawberries and cherries of late.

I have just been back to England and seen a friend that I had not seen since Christmas and she has lost 5 1/2 stone looks great but done it on lighter life diet, but not available here.

Debbie_22
01-07-2011, 17:31
There is a good herbal/health shop quite near the bus station in los cris, by the getfit gym. Anyway they have loads of random and extremely specific stuff that is probably on ur 72safe food list.

Good luck with the diet.

canarybird
01-07-2011, 21:59
I read that Catherine Middleton's mother went on the Dukan diet to lose her extra weight before the royal wedding. She certainly does look slim and trim in her light summer dresses and short jackets.

I've been buying oat bran and wheat bran here in Tenerife for years, mainly as part of a coating I use on fish or meat fillets. I mix it with ground almond and/or grated Parmesan in a small plastic bag and drop in the chicken breast pieces or fish to shake and coat.

Wheat bran (salvado de trigo) (http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-9wFx7kw/0/M/snap0884-ed-M.jpg) is easy to find in most supermarkets, under the brand 'DIET Radisson', which is the same brand which makes oat bran (salvado de avena) (http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-fHtFp99/0/M/snap0882-salvado-avena-M.jpg) - not always so easy to find, but I usually get it in a health food store if not in a supermarket.

The other day I found oat bran in a health food shop here in La Paz (Puerto de la Cruz) under the Spanish ecological brand ECO-SALIM. (http://www.int-salim.com/images/productos/grandes/producto_89.jpg)

Canarybird

uptowngirl
04-07-2011, 16:32
2 kilo gone since last monday.

Not hungry AT ALL!!! Constantly stuffed. Yesterday I was naughty though and had one canarian potatoe and some sweetcorn. I would have been fine if we hadn't gone out to eat!!lol

Week two....................... lets see what this brings.

I currently have Mushroom and Thyme soup in the slow cooker and today i have already had a bucket full of prawns and hard boiled eggs!! yum yum!!

http://style.uk.msn.com/health/pierre-dukan-interview

Megaloo
04-07-2011, 18:26

Not hungry AT ALL!!! Constantly stuffed. Yesterday I was naughty though and had one canarian potatoe and some sweetcorn. I would have been fine if we hadn't gone out to eat!!lol

I currently have Mushroom and Thyme soup in the slow cooker and today i have already had a bucket full of prawns and hard boiled eggs!! yum yum!!

Well done keep up the good work keep us informed how you are doing..I must start to study the diet and do something about it myself.

jewels
06-07-2011, 09:33
Please can you give an example on a typical days food on the attack phase,thanks.

uptowngirl
06-07-2011, 12:03
For me, I had to do 5 days attack

I generally had ham egg and onion omelette for breakfast
Meat crisps for lunch with low fat cottage cheese and pickled onions (meat crisps are basically wafer thin ham/beef/turkey slices put in the oven, though I did mine in the actifry, obviously no oil, until they crisp up) Tuna,fresh prawns and crabsticks too
Glass of skimmed milk
Dinner, or tea as I call it in our house lol, steak with a dry fried egg on the side
Oat bran crisp breads
Muller lite yoghurt for tea

Thats just a general idea but we differ every day

3 kilos now!!!!! Shame its not gonna keep up at this rate, though admittedly, I fell off the wagon last night big time loloo, I am back on track now though. I knew it was going to happen as some good friends of ours turned up on the rock but just for 3 days!!! Bring on the Indian, although I just had a fish sizzler rather than a creamy curry lolo

wen53
11-07-2011, 01:50
I have been doing it and I am currently about to start the consolidation phase after losing 1 and a half stone in 8 weeks. I have found it easy to stick to and even if I go off track, a day or 2 of protein and I'm back down.

Shugstar63
11-07-2011, 02:07
I'm on it and it is not a diet ! Its a lifestyle change.Lost 2 stone although the amount I've drunk this weekend could be 1.5 !!!!!!!

uptowngirl
11-07-2011, 02:14
I have been doing it and I am currently about to start the consolidation phase after losing 1 and a half stone in 8 weeks. I have found it easy to stick to and even if I go off track, a day or 2 of protein and I'm back down.

Thats great news!!! Well done you!!!

Lets have some of your tips and recipes!!!!!

I made the meat and mushroom loaf tonight and it was GORGEOUS!!!!!

Megaloo
11-07-2011, 09:09
Well done to everyone I try to start it and then like yesterday went on a picnic with some Canarians and all goes to pot with the tortlla crusty bread with a cheesy spread from La Gomera and so it goes on. I tell myself they would be offended if I did not eat it??:ashamed:

I need to get the book and recipes so that I can do it properly and stick to it.

Please continue to tell us all your successes.

uptowngirl
11-07-2011, 11:02
Stuck at a 3 kilo loss at the mo...........been on the diet for 2 weeks now.......................... still not hungry and not having a problem not drinking. I do think it helps doing it with a friend though as we have a bit of competitiveness and we make little dukan treats for each other.

I made the Beef Bourginon the other day and it was lush

www.minimins.com is a lifesaver for tips and recipes if you don't want to buy the book

wen53
12-07-2011, 01:36
I have a sweet tooth so the sugar free jelly is good. Also if you buy the powdered stuff to make up yourself dissolve it in just a quarter pint of boiling water add a tub of Quark and then make up to 1 pint with cold water. It's like a Blamange (if that's how you spell it) reminds me of spanish deserts.
I find that using the oat bran allowance to make into a pancake to have with my main meal helps me feel full and gets the oat bran down me!
Quark with granulated artificial sweetner (to taste) and some vanilla extact makes a nice dessert too.

Also try this site for good recipes http://mydukandiet.com/recipes/phases/cruise-pure-protein/

uptowngirl
18-07-2011, 14:19
3 and a half kilos now..................... but one has cheated lololool

Straight back on it though, but Saturday and Sunday were naughty

wen53
19-07-2011, 00:48
I have lost almost 2 stone. Now I am good through the week, but generally eat anything over the weekend. Seems to be working as I am staying the same weight (don't want to lose any more) I have lost more than I should because the next 2 weeks in Tenerife will just be one big blow out! eating out every night and drinking every night, hopefully the amount I put back on will bring me back to my target weight.

Megaloo
19-07-2011, 09:48
I have lost almost 2 stone. Now I am good through the week, but generally eat anything over the weekend. Seems to be working as I am staying the same weight (don't want to lose any more) I have lost more than I should because the next 2 weeks in Tenerife will just be one big blow out! eating out every night and drinking every night, hopefully the amount I put back on will bring me back to my target weight.

Really well done, try not to blow it too much though otherwise you may be sorry. Saying this through experience.

I am slowly getting there but find it difficult to go without fruit. :cry: especially the cherries at the moment.

kieraj
19-07-2011, 23:25
I have read that this type of diet is not good for you, to lose weight is to eat less and cut out to much sugar, apparently there is good and bad sugar now and the bad sugar is in fruit ! I am a grazer I eat what I want when I want and big meals horrify me, I am lucky according to all my friends because I am skinny ! I don't think about food I just eat something when I am hungry, my diet today was - 2 buttered crumpets, a tuna and potato salad, a large bowl of rice pudding, 2 crisp butties and 4 glasses of red wine and that was a small diet for me today as I have been in work all day, and I don't eat a lot of fruit so that may be a factor in not putting on weight as reported in I think sats daily mail x

Megaloo
20-07-2011, 09:37
I have read that this type of diet is not good for you, to lose weight is to eat less and cut out to much sugar, apparently there is good and bad sugar now and the bad sugar is in fruit ! I am a grazer I eat what I want when I want and big meals horrify me, I am lucky according to all my friends because I am skinny ! I don't think about food I just eat something when I am hungry, my diet today was - 2 buttered crumpets, a tuna and potato salad, a large bowl of rice pudding, 2 crisp butties and 4 glasses of red wine and that was a small diet for me today as I have been in work all day, and I don't eat a lot of fruit so that may be a factor in not putting on weight as reported in I think sats daily mail x

You perhaps are a lucky one. I am afraid if I had eaten that in a day I would probably have put on a Kilo. in that day. In my younger days I could eat anything and everything but not now I am afraid.

uptowngirl
20-07-2011, 11:01
Heres a couple of recipes for you..............................

Butternut Squash and Cracked Peppercorn soup
I butternut Squash
Couple of chopped Onions
Zero fat cream cheese - we managed to purchase this in carrefour
One Red Pepper
Lo Salt Chicken or vegetable stock couple of pints
Cracked pepper
pinch of salt

Dry fry the onions or saute in a pan with oil, then the excess wiped away with kitchen roll
Add the chopped and deseeded Squash (you do not have to peel)
Saute for one minute then add the stock
Bring to the boil until the squash is tender
Add chopped red pepper
Cook for a further 5 minutes
Add whole tub of cream cheese
Add cracked pepper and salt
Blitz with a hand blender

DUKAN CRUSTLESS QUICHE

We derived this from the infamous Slimming World, corned beef quiche recipe

Slices of ham
Chilli - finely chopped
Spring onion - finely chopped
One tub of low fat cottage cheese, either iceland or lidl
2 eggs
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of mixed herbs

Layer the ham in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Separately, mix cottage cheese, eggs, herbs, salt and pepper, chilli and onions together.
Pour into dish
Bake in oven for 20 minutes or so until set and brown.
Leave to cool then refrigerate

Just a couple of ideas........................... please excuse quantities, I never weigh or measure.................... just guess lolool

Still stuck at 3 and a half kilos, but its my own fault!!!|!

Megaloo
21-07-2011, 13:47
Have you tried the marinated chicken breast from Mercadonna fresh meat counter, just a quick grill and very tasty.:hungry:

jewels
21-07-2011, 16:16
Have you tried the marinated chicken breast from Mercadonna fresh meat counter, just a quick grill and very tasty.:hungry:

is that ok to have,is it not marinated in oil.It would be great if you can have it.

Heres a couple of recipes for you..............................

Butternut Squash and Cracked Peppercorn soup
I butternut Squash
Couple of chopped Onions
Zero fat cream cheese - we managed to purchase this in carrefour
One Red Pepper
Lo Salt Chicken or vegetable stock couple of pints
Cracked pepper
pinch of salt

Dry fry the onions or saute in a pan with oil, then the excess wiped away with kitchen roll
Add the chopped and deseeded Squash (you do not have to peel)
Saute for one minute then add the stock
Bring to the boil until the squash is tender
Add chopped red pepper
Cook for a further 5 minutes
Add whole tub of cream cheese
Add cracked pepper and salt
Blitz with a hand blender

DUKAN CRUSTLESS QUICHE

We derived this from the infamous Slimming World, corned beef quiche recipe

Slices of ham
Chilli - finely chopped
Spring onion - finely chopped
One tub of low fat cottage cheese, either iceland or lidl
2 eggs
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of mixed herbs

Layer the ham in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Separately, mix cottage cheese, eggs, herbs, salt and pepper, chilli and onions together.
Pour into dish
Bake in oven for 20 minutes or so until set and brown.
Leave to cool then refrigerate

Just a couple of ideas........................... please excuse quantities, I never weigh or measure.................... just guess lolool

Still stuck at 3 and a half kilos, but its my own fault!!!|!

Also try adding tuna or salmon and broccoli for a change from ham.

Megaloo
21-07-2011, 19:42
is that ok to have,is it not marinated in oil.It would be great if you can have it

Not too sure about the marinade I know it is garlic, but it is still lovely:) I must say I am trying to do my best with just having the meat, but I do fall down and have a bit of fruit on occassions so, I suppose you can say I am not 100% committed but have lost 2 Kilos so far in 2 weeks.

jewels
21-07-2011, 19:47
Not too sure about the marinade I know it is garlic, but it is still lovely:) I must say I am trying to do my best with just having the meat, but I do fall down and have a bit of fruit on occassions so, I suppose you can say I am not 100% committed but have lost 2 Kilos so far in 2 weeks.

Thats good going,Ive been shopping today to start a little store for myself so here's hoping it works for me,

Megaloo
25-07-2011, 19:58
Thats good going,Ive been shopping today to start a little store for myself so here's hoping it works for me,

How are you doing ??

uptowngirl
11-08-2011, 02:20
6 kilos gone...................... I'm happy!!

And now I am about to fly to the UK and knowing me, will probably put it all back on again.................... but I will get straight back on it when I get back lolol

Oh and PS, I have cheated somewhat, so I am extremely happy at the loss!!!

Megaloo
11-08-2011, 08:56
6 kilos gone...................... I'm happy!!

And now I am about to fly to the UK and knowing me, will probably put it all back on again.................... but I will get straight back on it when I get back lolol

Oh and PS, I have cheated somewhat, so I am extremely happy at the loss!!!

Well done wish I could say the same, perhaps when the cherries are finished.:yum:

bonitatime
11-08-2011, 11:28
is that ok to have,is it not marinated in oil.It would be great if you can have it.

Isnt the ham the base?

jewels
11-08-2011, 14:34
You dont really need a base it turns out just like a quiche but with out the pastry.

Megaloo
01-09-2011, 19:56
Tonight at 8pm on Watchdog there is a report on the Dukan diet. BBC 1

doreen
01-09-2011, 22:31
Tonight at 8pm on Watchdog there is a report on the Dukan diet. BBC 1

Would be interested to hear a report from anyone who watched it - only BBC World News in my house :(

wen53
01-09-2011, 23:43
They were just on about the Dukan website and the 'personal coaching' that you can pay for is not all it's cracked up to be.

The Dukan Diet website claims to offer "Unique and truly personalised weight loss coaching" and if that's not enough they promise Dr Pierre Dukan himself "personally monitors your progress throughout your tailor-made slimming coaching experience". All of this comes at a price: up to £1 a day, and that's for as long as they estimate it will take to achieve your so-called true weight and keep that weight off.

But according to some Watchdog viewers it's bad value, and they also found the "personal touch" to be lacking. So Rebecca Wilcox went to find out more for herself. She signed up for the online coaching and stuck to the diet for two weeks. Rebecca quickly discovered she was getting baffling, confusing or even contradictory advice. And to top it off it was in poorly written English.

Four Watchdog researchers also signed up to the coaching. Again the advice seemed to be far from personal, with three of the researchers all receiving exactly the same motivational tip. And one of the researchers was even congratulated on completing the first phase of the diet, the Attack Phase, despite the fact that she'd never reported any weight loss or even submitted a daily report!

Dr Catherine Collins, Principal Dietician at St George's Hospital NHS Trust, looked through the advice Watchdog received and said "Overall I'd say it's a rather careless and confusing website and it doesn't seem to deliver on the promises that it claims."

Whilst Rebecca stuck to the diet and exercise plan and lost 4 pounds in 14 days, it cost her £100 whether she stuck to the diet or not. All in all it seems she could have lost just as much weight - and saved a lot more time - simply by reading the book.

tonypub
02-09-2011, 02:17
just try dukan a few meals

AL JAY
02-09-2011, 02:59
I like crispy Dukan pancakes :whistle: :D :ducky:

Andy0210
02-09-2011, 03:09
Dukan Diet ??

Sounds like someone from Northern Ireland saying two can do it??

Sounds a good diet to me! ;)

Megaloo
02-09-2011, 08:59
Disappointed really . Thought it was going to discuss diet itself, but as Wen53 says only spoke about paying for online help which people were having a moan about because it was not what i said they would do and also very expensive but they did refund people's money back to them.

balababe
02-09-2011, 09:28
Unfortunately, all diets are a rip off, as it is one of the best ways to separate people from their money. As someone who is usually overweight (or obese, according to my WII), the horrible truth is that the only way to lose weight is to eat less.

doreen
02-09-2011, 10:15
Unfortunately, all diets are a rip off, as it is one of the best ways to separate people from their money. As someone who is usually overweight (or obese, according to my WII), the horrible truth is that the only way to lose weight is to eat less.

Agreed - but one of the reasons people do lose weight on whatever diet, is actually because they are following instructions (however weird or wonderful - remember the Cabbage Soup diet :wow:) and measuring out portions and so in fact, are eating less. Once they give up the set of conditions involved, the weight goes back on :(

Nic
19-09-2011, 21:16
I met a friend today who has lost 2 stone in 2 1/2 months on the Dukan Diet, she looks great. She's had a baby 11 months ago so decided to try it and it's really worked. I thought it was a bit like the Atkins but after reading the start of the book I can see it's not. My other half tried the Atkins and did lose loads of weight but also lost a lot of muscle too as it obviously eats in to all your reserves however as a female, I'm not too worried about losing muscles lol. I'm going to give it a try though as I can't shift the baby weight either (mine is 14 months old). Don't mean to be rude, has anyone had smelly breath on this diet?? I've read it can be a problem but just to drink lots of water and eat chewing gum. Has anybody suffered any other side effects? Any way wish me luck, as soon as I get to the actual diet in the book and find oat bran then I'll start the diet (and I know that diet and exercise are the best way to lose weight, I just need a kick start or maybe just a kick in the ehem!)

jewels
19-09-2011, 22:49
I met a friend today who has lost 2 stone in 2 1/2 months on the Dukan Diet, she looks great. She's had a baby 11 months ago so decided to try it and it's really worked. I thought it was a bit like the Atkins but after reading the start of the book I can see it's not. My other half tried the Atkins and did lose loads of weight but also lost a lot of muscle too as it obviously eats in to all your reserves however as a female, I'm not too worried about losing muscles lol. I'm going to give it a try though as I can't shift the baby weight either (mine is 14 months old). Don't mean to be rude, has anyone had smelly breath on this diet?? I've read it can be a problem but just to drink lots of water and eat chewing gum. Has anybody suffered any other side effects? Any way wish me luck, as soon as I get to the actual diet in the book and find oat bran then I'll start the diet (and I know that diet and exercise are the best way to lose weight, I just need a kick start or maybe just a kick in the ehem!)

The oat bran is available at Mercadona now near the cereals,good luck,let us know how you get on.

chifleta
25-11-2012, 01:16
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/worst-diets-dodgy-diet-list-five-british-dietic-association-bda-dukan-ken-105809735.html