PDA

View Full Version : Do any Tenerife Forum members have OCD?

DaveRF
01-06-2011, 21:30
I'm a bit of a tidy freak. I hate mess and stuff lying around. Yesterday I hung some washing out and thought nothing of it and used green pegs on the green shirts blue on the blue etc etc. Paul started taking the mick saying that was very OCD.

Do I need to book the men in white coats? :o

Jackie
01-06-2011, 21:38
No Dave you don't need to book the men in white coats, well not in my opinion anyway lol.

I also like things tidy, everything has a place and that's where it should be. When I used to have to wash the football kits for my sons football teams I would put them on the line.....shirt, shorts, socks, shirts, shorts socks and so on. Not only that they would be in number order as well haha. If on the very rare occasion my husband would put the washing out for me my neighbours would always say they knew he had done it and not me because his washing line was never as organised as mine haha

Sal
01-06-2011, 21:45
I'm a bit of a tidy freak. I hate mess and stuff lying around. Yesterday I hung some washing out and thought nothing of it and used green pegs on the green shirts blue on the blue etc etc. Paul started taking the mick saying that was very OCD.

No Dave you don't need to book the men in white coats, well not in my opinion anyway lol.

I also like things tidy, everything has a place and that's where it should be. When I used to have to wash the football kits for my sons football teams I would put them on the line.....shirt, shorts, socks, shirts, shorts socks and so on. Not only that they would be in number order as well haha. If on the very rare occasion my husband would put the washing out for me my neighbours would always say they knew he had done it and not me because his washing line was never as organised as mine haha

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw, I feel such a slut now! :whistle:

Alivee has to check several time that all windows and doors are securely locked before we go out anywhere! :spin:

AL JAY
01-06-2011, 21:47
I must confess im a bit like that with tins and cereal boxes in the cupboard,they have to be the right way up and i like labels to be facing me, *reaches for the straitjacket*:surrender:

doreen
01-06-2011, 21:47

No Dave ... that's just your sense of style :)

reggie
01-06-2011, 21:52
Same here, went in my office this morning, sun shine through the window, carpet round where i sit looked a bit gruby, got the carpet cleaner out, and did the whole room, Bit barking with my car, check weather forcast before i take it out, dont mind with my banger though, Windows too, got to be clean, Woof Woof.

Tinkabel
01-06-2011, 21:52
You all sound perfectly normal to me, i don't like to call it OCD i just like things done correctly. :D

DaveRF
01-06-2011, 21:53
It seems a lot of us have our little foibles.

Sal
01-06-2011, 22:03
It seems a lot of us have our little foibles.

Yeeeeeeeeeessss! Just remembered that I have to have all my folding money the right way up and Queenie facing front in my purse. Also arranged in increasing denominations! Oh Jeeeeeeze - how OCD is that? :confused:

DaveRF
01-06-2011, 22:05
Yeeeeeeeeeessss! Just remembered that I have to have all my folding money the right way up and Queenie facing front in my purse. Also arranged in increasing denominations! Oh Jeeeeeeze - how OCD is that? :confused:

Ooops :o I do that one too.

reggie
01-06-2011, 22:06

Thought everybody did that sal, Had a laff with a rucksack full buying apartment, Hours i was. :crazy:

Sal
01-06-2011, 22:15
Thought everybody did that sal, Had a laff with a rucksack full buying apartment, Hours i was. :crazy:

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing:

We need the pmsl smiley!

KirstyJay
01-06-2011, 22:54
I don't like thread titles with more than one punctuation mark, or a space between the end of the sentence and the punctuation, unless there are only 3 dots... not a line of them like this.......................... :o

cinnamon
01-06-2011, 23:08
not really...or does gathering my thoughts in alphabetical order count as ocd???? http://www.yoursmiles.org/msmile/girls/m04100.gif (http://www.yoursmiles.org/m-girls.php?page=1)

TheBloke
01-06-2011, 23:12
Can any of the previous tidy posters come round to our house and deal with Kirsty's cleaning deficiencies?

KirstyJay
01-06-2011, 23:13
Can any of the previous tidy posters come round to our house and deal with Kirsty's cleaning deficiencies?That would be good, then I can concentrate on sorting the forum out ;) Computers are what I do best. :)

DaveRF
01-06-2011, 23:15
Can any of the previous tidy posters come round to our house and deal with Kirsty's cleaning deficiencies?

Why? Have you injured both arms or something? :p

Zara

I didnīt think I was like that until I overheard my 4 year old grand-daughter saying to her mum - You're not doing it right Grandma says you have to use the right coloured pegs :crazy:

I don't like thread titles with more than one punctuation mark, or a space between the end of the sentence and the punctuation, unless there are only 3 dots... not a line of them like this.......................... :o

With you on that one, when people write , (leaving a space both in front of and after the comma) then add ... or leave a space between the last letter and the ? or ! I can only assume they are two finger typists I guess they donīt leave two spaces after a period.

My store cupboard has to be dried savoury top shelf, dried sweet and baking next shelf, cleaning materials next shelf. Toilet rolls and kitchen rolls stored at the bottom and once the wrapper is opened it must be removed otherwise it looks untidy.

And you lot laughed at me on the old forum when I said I ironed my towels and underwear. :doh:

KirstyJay
not really...or does gathering my thoughts in alphabetical order count as ocd???? http://www.yoursmiles.org/msmile/girls/m04100.gif (http://www.yoursmiles.org/m-girls.php?page=1)errrr..... Yeah!!! Get a therapist!!! :D

Why? Have you injured both arms or something? :pExcellent! :lol:

TheBloke
01-06-2011, 23:17
My tongue still works hence the lack of cleaning:hungry:

MaxineC
01-06-2011, 23:19

Then can you ask them to come come and remove your childrens handprints, that are imprinted on my tv screen, despite intensive attempts over the months to resolve.... :whistle: :D

That would be good, then I can concentrate on sorting the forum out ;) Computers are what I do best. :)

Including answering friends messages... :whistle:

KirstyJay
01-06-2011, 23:19
My tongue still works hence the lack of cleaning:hungry:Yeah... you just talk you way out of it. ;) :p

cinnamon
01-06-2011, 23:26
Kirsty you quoted Cin's post yet it doesn't appear in this thread? Is it a gremlin?

maybe checking the forum 10 times within 3 minutes counts as ocd???? that's what i have been doing and i can't see my post neither. all i got was a message that it has to be approved by a mod....

KirstyJay
01-06-2011, 23:27
No. She has under 10 posts so it was automodded. I just didn't notice when i quoted it.

tizzywizzy
01-06-2011, 23:27
i wondered that as well.

cinnamon
01-06-2011, 23:29
No. She has under 10 posts so it was automodded. I just didn't notice when i quoted it.

phew....and i thought i had lost it... :whistle:

DaveRF
01-06-2011, 23:30
phew....and i thought i had lost it... :whistle:

Me too. Well it's the perfect thread to "lose it" in. ;)

Zara
01-06-2011, 23:39
Just remembered, towels must always be hung up and not dropped over the side of the bath and those not in use have to be folded so they all line up like this
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/palabra/palabra0810/palabra081000014/3663377-two-folded-towels-on-white.jpg and the bath mat has to be the same colour so if we have yellow towels it is a yellow mat, blue a blue mat, black a black mat etc.

wen53
02-06-2011, 00:12
I have to have all the air vents in the car straight. Tough if you want it blowing on you!!

I also have to make sure there are no blue icons on the forums indicating unread posts before I log off.:fryingpan:

TenerifePool
02-06-2011, 00:20
Odd socks...
The same style but they have to be different colours, done it since I was 13 (long story).
The sock eating washing machine has never been a problem in my house.

Jackie
02-06-2011, 07:11

Well I think I am worse that I originally thought lol. As well as the above I also do...

I must confess im a bit like that with tins and cereal boxes in the cupboard,they have to be the right way up and i like labels to be facing me, *reaches for the straitjacket*:surrender:

...this

...this

I didnīt think I was like that until I overheard my 4 year old grand-daughter saying to her mum - You're not doing it right Grandma says you have to use the right coloured pegs :crazy:

With you on that one, when people write , (leaving a space both in front of and after the comma) then add ... or leave a space between the last letter and the ? or ! I can only assume they are two finger typists I guess they donīt leave two spaces after a period.

My store cupboard has to be dried savoury top shelf, dried sweet and baking next shelf, cleaning materials next shelf. Toilet rolls and kitchen rolls stored at the bottom and once the wrapper is opened it must be removed otherwise it looks untidy.

...this

And you lot laughed at me on the old forum when I said I ironed my towels and underwear. :doh:

Just remembered, towels must always be hung up and not dropped over the side of the bath and those not in use have to be folded so they all line up like this
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/palabra/palabra0810/palabra081000014/3663377-two-folded-towels-on-white.jpg and the bath mat has to be the same colour so if we have yellow towels it is a yellow mat, blue a blue mat, black a black mat etc.

...and this. Do you think there is any hope:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Graceylacey
02-06-2011, 10:17
My towels HAVE to be put in the bathroom like that, its a MUST!!

My bedding has to be perfect on my bed, I have one set that has writing down the middle and therefore this must be perfectly placed in the middle of the bed!!

As for pegs, I have bought all wooden ones now as I was getting obsessed with making sure they matched!

Cushions and throws on my sofas have to be correct, and dont start me on remote controls :eyebrows::eyebrows:

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 15:17
Alphabetti Spaghetti must be served in alphabetical order ....................(sorry kj ,keyboard sticking !!!)

Are we talking OCD ,Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or OLD C.... Disease ?? (keyboard not sticking ) .............and before i get told off "CRONE"