PDA

View Full Version : Road laid around a car

MrsTT
01-07-2011, 08:35
I have just read this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-13965649) on the BBC news website.

Can you imagine this happening here? Somehow I doubt it :)

Wrexham council said it had no choice but to lay a new road surface around a car parked in a residential street.

Officials say they made several failed attempts to contact the owner of the Vauxhall Astra ahead of the planned road works.

Once they heard the owner was away for some time they decided to carry out the work and will return later to complete the job.

A spokesman said there would not be any additional cost to the council.

Alan Guest, Wrexham council's environment department divisional manager, said: "This situation does arise quite frequently when road repairs are being carried out.

"However, it is very unusual for an owner not to be contacted in time for the repairs to be completed."

He said moving the car without the owner's permission was not an option.

"There will be no additional cost to the taxpayer when contractors return to the area once the car has been removed to allow the works to be completed," said Mr Guest.

Leam_Lin
01-07-2011, 09:06
I have just read this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-13965649) on the BBC news website.

Can you imagine this happening here? Somehow I doubt it :)

Years ago in Leamington Spa they were retarring the pavements, along this side of the road cars were parked nose into the path.

We watched from our office window how each door was opened & pushed back from the kerb. Job done.

onelegnofeet
01-07-2011, 09:56
Where i live there are only 2 roads out ,one year the electric board dug up both sides of the road about 10 foot deep on one way out ,the other way out the local water board dug both sides of the road up !!!! They left Residents on the "ISLAND" for 3 days !!!

Seren
01-07-2011, 11:12
haha thats great and Wrexham isnt that far from me, probably take a while before they get round to redoing that bit! hmmm wonder if it will make the Welsh news.....