PDA

View Full Version : My Moped needs repairing.

Bob
01-07-2011, 15:02
In Jan i came off my scooter on a bend and the front wheel is now out of alignment with the handlebars, also the LH brake arm needs replacing, i tried the nearest repair shop near Palm Beach but the guy said " sorry no can do itīs a Lanverti which has been discontinued", in my opinion very few parts require replacing, iīm a deisel mechanic but no experience on mopeds, can anyone help.

Jackie
01-07-2011, 20:09
In Jan i came off my scooter on a bend and the front wheel is now out of alignment with the handlebars, also the LH brake arm needs replacing, i tried the nearest repair shop near Palm Beach but the guy said " sorry no can do itīs a Lanverti which has been discontinued", in my opinion very few parts require replacing, iīm a deisel mechanic but no experience on mopeds, can anyone help.

Sorry I am not sure where Palm Beach is, but my son has a Lanvertti and used to take it to Moto Sport in La Camella. It is on the road alongside the petrol station heading to Cabo Blanco on the left hand side. They do a good job but compared to another place he found in Aldea Blanca they were nearly double the price for any work and had the manana syndrome most of the time. Let me know where you are and then it will be easier to give direction to the guy in Aldea. He is very quick and does the work when he says he will do it, also if anything need to be ordered he will tell you exactly how long they will be rather than just saying I will call you when they're here. You shouldn't have a problem getting it to any garage as all insurance policies should have grua cover

henry
01-07-2011, 20:12
there is a garge to fixed moped right here in guaza.

Bentenerife
01-07-2011, 21:43
Lanvertti Brand is now Extinct, as to say they went ages ago, i used to work in a bike shop over here and many clients came in needing bits and bobs, but you cant even get a brake lever for them anymore, all the peices are different to normal mopeds, and im sorry to say it will be near impossible to repair it.

Bob
01-07-2011, 21:44
Sorry I am not sure where Palm Beach is, but my son has a Lanvertti and used to take it to Moto Sport in La Camella. It is on the road alongside the petrol station heading to Cabo Blanco on the left hand side. They do a good job but compared to another place he found in Aldea Blanca they were nearly double the price for any work and had the manana syndrome most of the time. Let me know where you are and then it will be easier to give direction to the guy in Aldea. He is very quick and does the work when he says he will do it, also if anything need to be ordered he will tell you exactly how long they will be rather than just saying I will call you when they're here. You shouldn't have a problem getting it to any garage as all insurance policies should have grua cover
Hi Jackie, im coming from LA and i know aldea , but have to admit i can't remember any scooter garage, directions would be helpful.

Lanvertti Brand is now Extinct, as to say they went ages ago, i used to work in a bike shop over here and many clients came in needing bits and bobs, but you cant even get a brake lever for them anymore, all the peices are different to normal mopeds, and im sorry to say it will be near impossible to repair it.

unless i can find one breaking 4 spares

Jackie
01-07-2011, 21:53
OK if you know how to get to Aldea that's a good start lol. Standing with your back to the Castle you need to go right and take the very first right hand turn that takes you to the Church and the Plaza. Before the church on the right hand side is the garage. I am not sure if my son has his phone number but I will ask him when he comes home and if he has I will send it to you.

Bentenerife
01-07-2011, 21:56
They will not be able to repair it jackie, its not worth this guys time, maybe someone has an old lanvertti just sitting there, it would be ideal for you mate.

Harmonicaman
01-07-2011, 23:32
They will not be able to repair it jackie, its not worth this guys time, maybe someone has an old lanvertti just sitting there, it would be ideal for you mate.
That's not very helpful...the guy's just looking for advice.

Ashro Autos
02-07-2011, 00:24
Can you post a picture as the scrap yard in Buzanada has some old bike lying around,maybe a long shot but worth a try.If that fails i have an email address for a man in china (http://en.xingyue.com/xy/web/products.php?mid=7&fact=motor) that makes replicas of lanvertti's perhaps he can help.

Tojack
02-07-2011, 19:19
Weren't Lanvertti just other models rebadged.Ie Yamaha Honda so parts are still available.If you know original maker.

leojohn
02-07-2011, 20:44
After a lifetime of fiddling with bikes, I know that you dont have to fit a lanvertti brake,a similar brake will do and anything bent can be straightened, the problem you have is finding sombody with the time to do the work so if sombody offers you rubbish money for it,it means that they have the knowlege and the parts and you over5 a barrel :moped: