PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at the Regency Club in Tenerife?

1dylan
02-07-2011, 15:52
Hi
Has anybody stayed at the Regency Club if so what do you think of the place or has anybody heard any reports on the place I have a good deal to stay at the club but would like some feedback before taking up the offer.

Suej
02-07-2011, 16:16
The Regency club is situated in Chayofa. It looks very impressive! bear in mind it is up the hill from Los Cristianos so not too close to the beach, if you donīt mind taking a bus/Taxi or you may want to hire a car. Having said this itīs quite possible there is a courtesy bus. Hope you get lots of information that will help.:)

AL JAY
02-07-2011, 16:31
There are a few,I think the one 1dylan has been looking at is in Torviacas Alto up cardiac hill, its an RCI timeshare complex! the one in Chayofa is the Regency country club!

http://www.regencyresorts.com/

Jackie
02-07-2011, 17:04
I bought at The Regency Club in Torviscas Alto about 17 years ago and after owning there for 8 years we 'traded in' our weeks there and bought at the new resort they were building The Regency Country Club in Chayofa, of which I am still an owner. Let me know which one you are staying at and I will tell you all the in and outs of a duck ar5e and also the do's and don'ts ;)

Suej
02-07-2011, 17:07
Apologies! I didnīt know there was more than one! What would I know AJ I only live here!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Jackie
02-07-2011, 17:35
Apologies! I didnīt know there was more than one! What would I know AJ I only live here!!!:lol::lol::lol:

They also own Regency Heights which is behind the one in Torviscas, they own part of Lagos de Fanabe which is known as Regency Beach Club and also Paradise Court in Las Americas;)

Suej
02-07-2011, 18:09
They also own Regency Heights which is behind the one in Torviscas, they own part of Lagos de Fanabe which is known as Regency Beach Club and also Paradise Court in Las Americas;)

Yes I noticed that when looking on AJīs link...Chayofa looks the nicest;)

1dylan
02-07-2011, 19:02
Hi Al Jay
You are correct after some searching on google maps it is the one on cardiac hill the RCI timeshare that would be the reason I have never seen the place as I have stayed in numerous places on the island and thanks for the web site.

AL JAY
02-07-2011, 19:06
Hi Al Jay
You are correct after some searching on google maps it is the one on cardiac hill the RCI timeshare that would be the reason I have never seen the place as I have stayed in numerous places on the island and thanks for the web site.

No probs, my pleasure :hat::D

1dylan
02-07-2011, 19:14
Hi Jackie
Its the one at Torviscas Alto but from comments and locations I would prefer the one at Chayofa which I think could be available to me but any information you can give me would be very helpful

Zara
02-07-2011, 20:19
The Regency Country club in Chayofa is also RCI, I swapped a week in Florida last year for my family to stay there for a week it was lovely, i think I may have some photos which I can post but I'm on my way out for the evening, if you want them let me know and I will post tomorrow.

Jackie
02-07-2011, 22:58
Hi Jackie
Its the one at Torviscas Alto but from comments and locations I would prefer the one at Chayofa which I think could be available to me but any information you can give me would be very helpful

Right this is my personal view as an owner. While the one in Chayofa is stunning down to every last detail it is not within walking distance of anywhere. You will either have to get the courtesy bus to Los Cristianos a taxi or the bus or better still hire a car.. The courtesy bus runs a few times a day but I think the last time it goes to Los Cristianos is somewhere between 7.30-8p.m. and it doesn't return so it will have to be a cab back. Restaurant wise there is not much choice in close proximity. You have the Regency Restaurant which is La Estancia which in my opinion is posh nosh at stupid prices, The Treehouse just up the road or the Camel Park unless you go into La Camella a bit further up where there are a few more restaurants/bars,but again a taxi. They have theme nights there on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. One is a Thai night one is normally a Spanish night and Saturday is a BBQ at 25 euro per head for adults, that's all you can eat and also your first drink. They also have entertainment on these nights. The pool bar normally opens at 10am until 4 unless it is a bit windy when it doesn't open at all so you have to use the bar inside. They do food all day but is on the expensive side compared to other resorts because obviously you don't have the option up there to pop someone else for a snack etc. so if you are going to be eating there a lot it will work out and expensive holiday. There is a mini market on site which closes at 12 and re opens at 5pm as the guy who runs it also runs another one up the road where he spends most of his time. The resort is more for people who want a really relaxing holiday because it is pretty quiet there. I don't know if you have kids but there is a kids club for a few hours during the day and all the normal stuff like dart, pool competitions etc. and there are also spa treatments available as well as a mini golf course.
As I said it is a stunning resort and great attention has been paid to every last detail decor wise but it will be a pretty quiet holiday. It's great for us living here because we can still use the facilities of all the Regency Resorts as owners so we often go there instead of the beach and have made great friends with the staff who are all very attentive.

Now the one in Torviscas is totally different and although I own at the Chayofa one now this one is my favourite. Yes it is up a hill but to be honest it is not that bad. When we owned there our three kids were little, we had 2 walking and one in a pushchair and we managed it fine. You are a five minute walk from Gran Sur where there are shops and restaurants and not even a 10 minute walk to Torviscas Bajo and Fanabe where you have an abundance of bars/restaurants. The resort itself in my opinion has more atmosphere and to be honest the only reason we sold there and bought in Chayofa was because the Russians started taking over. Saying that we had to go there as the admin offices for Regency Resorts is there to pay our maintenance last week and there seemed to be a lot more British there again, although in both resorts you do get a lot of mixed nationalities. They have a pool bar in the centre of the pool that serves drinks and snacks all day from 10 - 6 and they also have a restaurant and bar onsite which is really nice, never had a bad meal in there. There is a kids club and play park onsite as well as spa treatments and daytime activities. There is a supermarket right next door and the other side there is a bakery whos cakes are to die for. Also along the same road there are also a few bars and restaurants if you didn't want to eat there or go into Torviscas They have entertainment every night on the terrace out side the bar and again the staff are all very good. One guy Juan who works behind the bar has been there since we first bought there about 17 years or so ago so he obviously likes it there ;). The whole resort has a totally different atmosphere than the Chayofa one and feels a lot more cosier for want of a better word.

Also wherever you decide to stay remember that the timeshare laws have changed in Spain and you can't be kept any longer than 90 minutes on a presentation. The one good thing about both resorts is there is no hard sell, and as strange as that may seem at a timeshare resort it is the truth. I don't know if you want to tell me what deal you are getting to stay there but if you want to pm me I may be able to do something better for you ;)

If there is anything else you need to know then just say :)

Here is a link to The Regency Country Club in Chayofa. It gives a few more pictures and more detailed information about the resort
http://www.regencycountryclub.com/

Tojack
03-07-2011, 10:20
Posh nosh at stupid prices :crylaughing::crylaughing: Have to agree Jackie.You only go once.:)

Jackie
03-07-2011, 12:06
Posh nosh at stupid prices :crylaughing::crylaughing: Have to agree Jackie.You only go once.:)

haha it is though, when I go for a meal I want a meal not some little thing that is stuck in the middle of my plate with fancy flowers and leaves around to make it look pretty:hungry::hungry:

1dylan
04-07-2011, 15:46
Hi Zara
I am just back from a weekends golf so just got your reply If its no problem please post me the photos

Added after 9 minutes:

Hi Jackie
Thanks for the comprehensive information it was very helpful as for the price it is a friend of my brothers who was giving him the offer and as yet he has not told me the final price but he said it was a great offer for my brother and he cant go so I was going to take the offer up myself when i get it I will let you know . I am coming to Tenerife in September so I will look at both of the locations but once again thank you

Zara
04-07-2011, 17:03
Hi Zara
I am just back from a weekends golf so just got your reply If its no problem please post me the photos

I thought I had some photos of the inside of the apartment, which was lovely but I must have taken that with my kids camera and not got copies. It is quite dark, furnishings are dark red and dark green, the bathrooms are dark blue and white but all very nice. Can't remember the number of theirs but it was right in the corner on the ground floor past the chess game and behind the crazy golf. Quite secluded but it still got loads of sun.

Hi Zara

I thought I had some photos of the inside of the apartment, which was lovely but I must have taken that with my kids camera and not got copies. It is quite dark, furnishings are dark red and dark green, the bathrooms are dark blue and white but all very nice. Can't remember the number of theirs but it was right in the corner on the ground floor past the chess game and behind the crazy golf. Quite secluded but it still got loads of sun.

Added after 2 minutes:

I can only upload 5 photos so will try and get a few more a bit later.

What a faff about, not sure whether I have the original photos or not now - canīt remember it being this difficult before!!

Jackie
04-07-2011, 21:03
The sad thing about your photos Zara is that the infinity pool no longer has that view because of the extension to Mojon opposite :(