PDA

View Full Version : Total wipe out. What is going on at this forum?

dixi
02-07-2011, 21:32
What is going on? I re enroled about four weeks ago on the new Forum.

Suddenly a couple of days ago I received a vbulletin saying I was banned and the ban would never be lifted!!!! No reason given.

Another thing was that all my threads and replies written over the last 4 weeks have been wiped!

I receive a great deal of enjoyment from the Forum and have contributed regularly for over twelve months. I do not take kindly to all my recent threads and replies being wiped, a lot of time and energy has gone into writing them.

I would like them to be re instated as there is definitely nothing controversial in any of them.

I would like the ban lifted forthwith.

I would also like to know who did it and why?

dede
02-07-2011, 21:37
Did you have the same user name then dixi ???

Harmonicaman
02-07-2011, 21:38
I have to assume you aren't banned dixi or else you wouldn't have been able to post this thread! Obviously a glitch somewhere, try contacting Admin to see what has happened.:)

TenerifeTeddy
02-07-2011, 21:45
I have reported this for further investigation. Admin will look into this asap.

dixi
02-07-2011, 21:50
No you are right I had to re register just to be able to participate on the forum. I just shortened my name by a couple of letters and used a second email address.

Admin do not answer emails I have emailed them numerous times over the last few days. No reply, it is infuriating

doreen
02-07-2011, 21:55
That seems very strange ... even if banned, your posts would remain ... can't find anything on google for dixi tenerife forum ???

dixi
Thank you Tenerife Teddy.

Tojack
Dixi if you were banned it would not say newbie in your title.

doreen
02-07-2011, 21:57
No you are right I had to re register just to be able to participate on the forum. I just shortened my name by a couple of letters and used a second email address.

Admin do not answer emails I have emailed them numerous times over the last few days. No reply, it is infuriating

Perhaps you could give us your original user name

dixi
02-07-2011, 22:00
Hi Doreen,

I have checked under my old name of dixie4. My last post before being banned was posted then wiped. I also started a thread about where to find Speckled hen beer, had numerous replies it has now disappeared. I gave up after that.

TenerifeTeddy
02-07-2011, 22:01
Thank you Tenerife Teddy.

I have sent you a PM, please reply with the information requested by PM, so we can investigate further.

dixi
02-07-2011, 22:05
I have sent you a PM, please reply with the information requested by PM, so we can investigate further.

I will do that right now. Many thanks.

slodgedad
02-07-2011, 22:22
I have checked and must admit it was under my name the account was deleted.

I am still investigating as to why that is, but must apologize for any distress caused.

It is a new set up, as you know, and the anti spam measures we have installed still need a bit of tweaking.

Once again my sincerest apologies.

dixi
02-07-2011, 22:54
I have checked and must admit it was under my name the account was deleted.

I am still investigating as to why that is, but must apologize for any distress caused.

It is a new set up, as you know, and the anti spam measures we have installed still need a bit of tweaking.

Once again my sincerest apologies.

Do we have the possibility of a security breach?

slodgedad
02-07-2011, 23:00
Do we have the possibility of a security breach?

No, not at all. Security measures on the new forum prevent that which is why we have had, as explained to you, an over active cyber bouncer.

TenerifeTeddy
03-07-2011, 00:24
As this has now been resolved I am closing the thread