PDA

View Full Version : Is P20 sunscreen cheaper in Tenerife, the UK, or the USA?

KirstyJay
03-07-2011, 15:56
The kids and I are off to Disneyland on Friday and we are going to need some good sunscreen, so I thought I'd get some P20 for the kids as it'll last all day when we're walking round all the parks.

We fly to the uk tonight, so I wondered if I should get some before I leave, in the UK, or when we arrive in Orlando.

I've heard that perfumes etc are no longer the bargain they once were in Tenerife, hence the question.

TheBloke's staying here, so maybe someone can keep an eye on him. :)

Chris P. Bacon
03-07-2011, 16:06
I don't know about the states Kirsty but otherwise would say the uk as you can get BOGOF's at this time of year....

AL JAY
03-07-2011, 16:27
Kirsty, to give you an idea of the price in the UK the 100ml size is Ģ14:29 in Boots and the 200ml size is Ģ24:95 in John Lewis,it will probably be cheaper on the aircraft!

Chris P. Bacon
03-07-2011, 16:35
I know this is SPF 30 but non the less a good make and BOGOF so Ģ19.39 for two...

blue marlin
03-07-2011, 17:15
be safer in UK i always think the worse with hookie P20 in Tenerife always seemed a bit cheap there are lots of other once a day brands available now

Meant to add have a fab time :)

Tom
03-07-2011, 17:50
Ģ20/200ml in Sainsburys.

only 12.00/200ml at asda !!

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=p20&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=199438

karinagal
03-07-2011, 19:41
Kirsty, have you used P20 before? I was put off trying it by the need to let it dry completely before you put any clothes on over it and also the fact that it can stain your clothes quite badly..... that's what I was told, but I could be wrong?

bonitatime
03-07-2011, 19:44
I would get it before you go either here or in the UK depending on the price as I am not sure I saw it in the US.

anniemc
03-07-2011, 19:54
I would be very wary of using P20 on children, Kirsty, the main ingredient is alcohol and it can be very drying to skin, especially if you are in the sun all day. Also, sometimes these "once a day" lotions are not enough in very warm climates, where the UV sun index is high.

El Rico PL
03-07-2011, 20:25
I always use 50 and got burn anyway. So 20 isnīt egought.

MaxineC
03-07-2011, 20:39
Kirsty, have you used P20 before? I was put off trying it by the need to let it dry completely before you put any clothes on over it and also the fact that it can stain your clothes quite badly..... that's what I was told, but I could be wrong?

It dries in pretty quickly, but what they do advise is to apply it 45 mins before being exposed to the sun...;)

I would be very wary of using P20 on children, Kirsty, the main ingredient is alcohol and it can be very drying to skin, especially if you are in the sun all day. Also, sometimes these "once a day" lotions are not enough in very warm climates, where the UV sun index is high.

I've given her chapter & verse about this today... P20 works great in some climates, but in others it just doesn't live up to its claims. And like Tenerife, No product is good enough for only one application per day in somewhere like Florida....

Not necessarily, depends on your skin type... also, fyi, factor 50 is no different to a factor 25. they both will only block out 98% of the sun.... Most people burn because they are either on too low a factor for their skin type or aren't applying it often enough. This time of year you should be re-applying every 35-45 mins, and always after you've been swimming... And plenty of shade breaks!!

This post was brought to you by a suncare advisorl! :D

babybadger
05-07-2011, 16:05

Try a bandage next time, that is the highest factor you can get....

stocktonmackem
05-07-2011, 18:23

You are not wrong. My daughter has just come back from florida and at least half of her clothes are ruined because of p20. Luckily they were only the cheap vest type tshirts that she took for during the day. Have a fab time.

videotalker
06-07-2011, 14:31
Asda have all the Piz Buin at Ģ6 ish at the mo........ all factors.

wigjam
06-07-2011, 15:23
Only Ģ4.99p at Home Bargains, if you have one near you.

KirstyJay
08-07-2011, 09:34
On the plane now, so if we can't get something similar there, I'll have to do without. It was 20 quid a bottle at Manchester airport duty free! :eek:

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 11:53
On the plane now, so if we can't get something similar there, I'll have to do without. It was 20 quid a bottle at Manchester airport duty free! :eek:

That sounds about right, we paid a similar price for it some years ago...

Happy hols, safe trip and don't forget my pressies.... :D :D

onelegnofeet
08-07-2011, 11:57

Christ!!! ...............use Lard you get better Crackling on Kids ,but i couldnt eat a full one though!!!!

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 12:19
There's not enough meat on either of her kids, they're both very trim... ;)

doreen
08-07-2011, 12:31

Too late for Kirsty, but for anyone else reading, I saw some in the Perfumeria in CC San Eugenio for 16.20 euros a bottle :)

onelegnofeet
08-07-2011, 13:10
There's not enough meat on either of her kids, they're both very trim... ;)

YUM!YUM! Ribs .................................................. ..:hungry::hungry: