PDA

View Full Version : The "Report Post" button

dokgolf
03-07-2011, 19:23
Just wondering what happens when the "report post" button is pressed. I know that you are asked for an explanation, but will the person whom you are reporting know the name of the person who is doing the reporting? Sorry for the complicated way of putting it, but its the end of a very long day!

TenerifeTeddy
03-07-2011, 19:29
Just wondering what happens when the "report post" button is pressed. I know that you are asked for an explanation, but will the person whom you are reporting know the name of the person who is doing the reporting? Sorry for the complicated way of putting it, but its the end of a very long day!

When you report a post, the post and your comment are sent into the Moderators section of the forum. Only the moderators and Admins can see that the post has been reported, and only the moderators & Admins can see who reported the post.
Hope that helps :)

dokgolf
03-07-2011, 20:23
Many thanks

slodgedad
04-07-2011, 02:25
A lot of members are deterred from using the 'Report Post' button as they think it will appear as a post.

The Report button is totally confidential and is aimed at making the moderation of the Forum much easier.

There is so much work to do at present that we can't be expected to read every post.

All the Report Post button does is bring a particular post or thread to our attention so that we can decide if it needs moving, changing or whatever.

As I've already said, all reported posts/ threads are in strict confidence.