PDA

View Full Version : Why do gay bars seem not to do well in Tenerife south?

DaveRF
03-07-2011, 20:01
I was just having a discussion about this with someone recently and wondered what others thought about it?

In places like Manchester, Newcastle, Playa del Ingles gay bars now attract a very mixed crowd which is great IMHO. I'm not a fan of the "old style" seedy type gay bar from days gone past. I don't like feeling I'm going to somewhere that is keeping me away from general society which is what some gay bars make me feel like.

Before we left Tenerife we went to Playa Flor (http://www.playaflor.com/en.default.asp) quite a few times. We even had a forum meet up there a few years back ask Delderek ;). In case you don't know it its opposite Veronicas upstairs and very smart. Each time we went it was a very mixed crowd and not exclusively gay. Always seemed to be busy too.

Unfortunately every other gay bar I have been to in Tenerife south is pretty unwelcoming to the general population. I doubt there is enough gay footfall in Tenerife south to keep many bars like that going.

So.......would you go to what I call "gay friendly" bars that want to attract a mixed crowd? If not why? Do you think the busiest ones have good entertainment or is it the surroundings that attract people? I certainly noticed in the Yumbo centre in Gran Canaria that the bars with entertainment were by far the busiest.

tonypub
03-07-2011, 20:10
i think gays are generally accepted in tenerife so theres no need for so called gay bars.

doreen
03-07-2011, 20:13
Interesting question Dave ... I tried that link to Playa Flor and their Facebook non working link sort of led me to a list of Gay Bars in Tenerife

Puerto de la Cruz: Anderson, Dominique Bar, Tabasco, La Cúpula, Vampiīs.
La Laguna: Q+Da (CERRADO), PK2, BIPOLAR (CERRADO)
S/C: EN SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE EL AYUNTAMIENTO TIENE UNA CAMPAŅA DE ACOSO POLICIAL PARA CERRAR LO...S LOCALES LGTB.
De momento siguen:
JET LAG BAR
Sueņos Azules
Discoteca Cirkus en Resd. Anaga.(reapertura)
Discoteca La Luna y tú (CERRADO)
Playa de las Américas: Géminis, Chaplin, PuntoZero, Playa Flor chill out

EN SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE EL AYUNTAMIENTO TIENE UNA CAMPAŅA DE ACOSO POLICIAL PARA CERRAR LO...S LOCALES LGTB. translates to - in Santa Cruz, the Town Hall have a campaign of police harrassment to close Gay, Lesbian & BiSexual Bars/Clubs

El Rico PL
03-07-2011, 20:22
I was just having a discussion about this with someone recently and wondered what others thought about it?

In places like Manchester, Newcastle, Playa del Ingles gay bars now attract a very mixed crowd which is great IMHO. I'm not a fan of the "old style" seedy type gay bar from days gone past. I don't like feeling I'm going to somewhere that is keeping me away from general society which is what some gay bars make me feel like.

Before we left Tenerife we went to Playa Flor (http://www.playaflor.com/en.default.asp) quite a few times. We even had a forum meet up there a few years back ask Delderek ;). In case you don't know it its opposite Veronicas upstairs and very smart. Each time we went it was a very mixed crowd and not exclusively gay. Always seemed to be busy too.

Unfortunately every other gay bar I have been to in Tenerife south is pretty unwelcoming to the general population. I doubt there is enough gay footfall in Tenerife south to keep many bars like that going.

So.......would you go to what I call "gay friendly" bars that want to attract a mixed crowd? If not why? Do you think the busiest ones have good entertainment or is it the surroundings that attract people? I certainly noticed in the Yumbo centre in Gran Canaria that the bars with entertainment were by far the busiest.

I think because Tenerife is full of normal people. Why you gays shout about it? You are a gay so be one and donīt bother normal people. Over Tenerife every bar is for everybody. No need to make discrimination. This bar is for bisex that one for gays and another one is for ...

dokgolf
03-07-2011, 20:38
I think because Tenerife is full of normal people. Why you gays shout about it? You are a gay so be one and donīt bother normal people. Over Tenerife every bar is for everybody. No need to make discrimination. This bar is for bisex that one for gays and another one is for ...

??????????

CaribeCelt
03-07-2011, 20:40

Normal people?
What is a "normal person"in your eyes?

marbro8
03-07-2011, 20:57
I think because Tenerife is full of normal people. Why you gays shout about it? You are a gay so be one and donīt bother normal people. Over Tenerife every bar is for everybody. No need to make discrimination. This bar is for bisex that one for gays and another one is for ...bloody foreigners:eyebrows:

El Rico PL
03-07-2011, 21:02
My personal opinion is that everyone can have some homosexual feeling at one point or another but it doesn't make it normal behavior. Two men cannot procreate, neither can two women - only a man and a woman can procreate - that is an undeniable fact. But I would like to say that I respect almost all gay people, even more than I feel comfortable around them.
If you are a gay just fine but donīt shout all around the world that you are a gay and I wanna gay clubs or why there is no many gay clubs. All pubs, clubs welcome gays and are gay friendly (just some people may not be if you try pick up normal man). In this way you making yourself something special.

Sal
03-07-2011, 21:04
I have enjoyed some good times in "Gay Bars" where everybody mixes and accepts each other.

Great times!

marbro8
03-07-2011, 21:05
i think gays are generally accepted in tenerife so theres no need for so called gay bars.maybe dave was talking of somewhere that gays can be more open and intimate? i remember a few years ago me and my mates used to frequent a bar in rugely near to where i live, it was called the amsterdam bar and we used it every friday night because it had a fab atmoss, it wasn't untill a few months later i was telling someone about it and they said " oh you mean the gay bar" i was flabbergasted!!! not because it was a gay bar but because we hadn't sussed it lol

dokgolf
03-07-2011, 21:06
My personal opinion is that everyone can have some homosexual feeling at one point or another but it doesn't make it normal behavior. Two men cannot procreate, neither can two women - only a man and a woman can procreate - that is an undeniable fact. But I would like to say that I respect almost all gay people, even more than I feel comfortable around them.
If you are a gay just fine but donīt shout all around the world that you are a gay and I wanna gay clubs or why there is no many gay clubs. All pubs, clubs welcome gays. In this way you making yourself something special.

Think you've misinterpreted the original question. The OP is of the belief that gay bars in Tenerife are not for everybody ( and they should be) and he is NOT saying that gays should have their own clubs/pubs.

tonypub
03-07-2011, 21:09
maybe dave was talking of somewhere that gays can be more open and intimate? i remember a few years ago me and my mates used to frequent a bar in rugely near to where i live, it was called the amsterdam bar and we used it every friday night because it had a fab atmoss, it wasn't untill a few months later i was telling someone about it and they said " oh you mean the gay bar" i was flabbergasted!!! not because it was a gay bar but because we hadn't sussed it lol
you must off been at ease with the sexuality of the place,you hiding somthin bro,lol.im off:run:

tracey
03-07-2011, 21:12
oh my.Why is it even a question? Gay, straight, black, chinese? Who cares?????

tonypub
03-07-2011, 21:13
oh my.Why is it even a question? Gay, straight, black, chinese? Who cares?????BUPA cares

sunspot
03-07-2011, 21:14

Who the hell are you to say what is normal?

marbro8
03-07-2011, 21:16
oh my.Why is it even a question? Gay, straight, black, chinese? Who cares?????because in tenerife if they are chinese or black they are usually in there selling crap:eyebrows:

christa
03-07-2011, 21:17
We have been down the Yumbo centre, and have always had great nights out in the "gay bars". As most people know, the Yumbo centre is renowned for the gay scene, probably why Tenerife doesn't cater for the gay clientele, it can't compete with GC.) Or perhaps there are a few gay bars on Tenerife, but they are only known through word of mouth. It does seem strange when you think about it, perhaps Tenerife is just a bit behind the times on this issue. Too many of the same type of bar, advertising football, cheap beer etc, is definitely not what the gay bars are about over here.

El Rico PL
03-07-2011, 21:18

This is my opinion and I have fully right have own one. You have fully right have your own one also.

marbro8
03-07-2011, 21:20
Who the hell are you to say what is normal?hi sunspot, do you think as the poster is norwegian although their english is probably very good they are struggling to use the correct wording? no after reading his ps sunspot i think you are probably right:surrender:

sunspot
This is my opinion and I have fully right have own one. You have fully right have your own one also.

your opinion stinks

tracey
because in tenerife if they are chinese or black they are usually in there selling crap:eyebrows:

Where is the disike button?

El Rico PL
03-07-2011, 21:23
your opinion stinks

That is fine and I respect your opinion. You have right to think this way.
Nobody say that we have to agree. Probably we will never agree.

ps. You are lucky that your parents werenīt gays. You wouldnīt write anything today ;)

tracey
03-07-2011, 21:24
We have been down the Yumbo centre, and have always had great nights out in the "gay bars". As most people know, the Yumbo centre is renowned for the gay scene, probably why Tenerife doesn't cater for the gay clientele, it can't compete with GC.) Or perhaps there are a few gay bars on Tenerife, but they are only known through word of mouth. It does seem strange when you think about it, perhaps Tenerife is just a bit behind the times on this issue. Too many of the same type of bar, advertising football, cheap beer etc, is definitely not what the gay bars are about over here.
You know Jeff??

reggie
03-07-2011, 21:26
Me and the mrs my cousin and his mrs, was in key west, we went out while the girls got ready, went in a bar that was buzzin, stood shoutin at him, and he was laughing, i said what you on ?, he said take a look around, Gay bar , went back to meet the girls, went in a few places, i think one was sloppy joe's or something like. went up and down duvall street, but ended back in the gay bar, a good time was had, I was paralitic, i remember because i had to drive back up to miami next day, anyway i think gay bars are ok, as long as your left alone, i noticed women feel safer in them,

tracey
03-07-2011, 21:30
Course women feel safer :kiss2:

Sundowner
03-07-2011, 21:31
Me and the mrs my cousin and his mrs, was in key west, we went out while the girls got ready, went in a bar that was buzzin, stood shoutin at him, and he was laughing, i said what you on ?, he said take a look around, Gay bar , went back to meet the girls, went in a few places, i think one was sloppy joe's or something like. went up and down duvall street, but ended back in the gay bar, a good time was had, I was paralitic, i remember because i had to drive back up to miami next day, anyway i think gay bars are ok, as long as your left alone, i noticed women feel safer in them,

Whatever turns you on Reggie.................more than a babe magnet :)

reggie
03-07-2011, 21:44
Whatever turns you on Reggie.................more than a babe magnet :)

Steady, wouldnt say turned on, Nah, just a babe magnet thanks, plus that was 20 year ago,

howard thornton
03-07-2011, 22:26
Steady, wouldnt say turned on, Nah, just a babe magnet thanks, plus that was 20 year ago,

you will tell us owt reggie. lol

reggie
03-07-2011, 22:39
you will tell us owt reggie. lol

Carefull Howard, Mud sticks, like the brown stuff, oooer, You just back from the pub then, what a life you have, Me today, roofer, drain cleaner, assistant carpet fitter, chief curtain hanger, i could go on. thank god its work tomoro, i'l get a rest,

with cheese
03-07-2011, 22:45
Howard, think Reggie is going to confess.

HEY Ho, I am here. Gay Bars, I come from bloody Brighton, you want to see people mixing come here, no worries.
Sat in the garden of a mixed pub(they all are her) t'other day, with wifey and another couple we were with.
Trying to suss a tree out and the people on the other table confirmed it was what the wife said. I said "typical try and split us up coz you fancy me". Ended up sitting on the comfy chairs round the fire pit, group of 8, telling jokes and sharing life stories. 3 hours later said, see you same time next week yer bunch of poofs. AND WE WILL.

DaveRF
03-07-2011, 23:02

I won't dignify your ignorance and obvious hate/discomfort with a direct response.

For everyone's information I was contacted by someone I know on behalf of a 3rd party for my opinions on opening a gay bar in Tenerife south. I gave my opinions via email but was uncomfortable as we all see things from different perspectives. I therefore decided to ask opinions on the forum so that any opinion may be balanced. Thanks to those who have seen my thread for what it is and answered. To those who have read what is not there and assumed I have dark reasons for posting it get a grip.

MaxineC
03-07-2011, 23:02

If you are a gay just fine but donīt shout all around the world that you are a gay and I wanna gay clubs or why there is no many gay clubs. All pubs, clubs welcome gays and are gay friendly (just some people may not be if you try pick up normal man). In this way you making yourself something special.

Gobsmacked.com .... In English that translates to, WOW, bigotry is alive and well.... :wall::wall::wall:

DaveRF
03-07-2011, 23:04
Gobsmacked.com .... In English that translates to, WOW, bigotry is alive and well.... :wall::wall::wall:

Maybe a thread about bigotry is in order as it's posts are well off topic.

MaxineC
03-07-2011, 23:12
Maybe a thread about bigotry is in order as it's posts are well off topic.

Actually, the more I read his post the angrier I'm getting.... I'm stunned beyond words that in some peoples eyes gays are seen as being 'abnormal'....

Yes, El Rico, you are entitled to your opinions, however I am also entitled to mine.... And, in my eyes the abnormal person here is you, that you can't accept somebody openly being gay, and if they are you see it as them 'shoving it in your face'.... No wonder there's so much hatred in the world....

Attitudes like yours make me want to vomit.... Pfffft!

Loaded
03-07-2011, 23:26
I can't understand why anyone in today's world would be so uncomfortable with homosexuality - surely it doesn't even affect you if you're not gay???? Weird.

Perhaps "gay bars" don't survive kn the south because there is generally accepting attitude towards gay people - so much so that they don't need a place to "keep to themselves in"....

DaveRF
03-07-2011, 23:31
I can't understand why anyone in today's world would be so uncomfortable with homosexuality - surely it doesn't even affect you if you're not gay???? Weird.

Perhaps "gay bars" don't survive kn the south because there is generally accepting attitude towards gay people - so much so that they don't need a place to "keep to themselves in"....

This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Do you think anyone looking to open a gay bar is better going back to the drawing board for business ideas? I do. I think Playa Flor have it sewn up for the limited market that exists. If they are determined to open a bar far better look for something that does not limit their market.

marbro8
03-07-2011, 23:32
For everyone's information I was contacted by someone I know on behalf of a 3rd party for my opinions on opening a gay bar in Tenerife south,
tell them to come over and open a bar up anyway dave, i am sure if it has good food, drinks and entertainment then you will be appealing to all holiday makers, mine and my wife's favorite place to visit in the uk is brighton, we try to get there a couple of times a year because it is so special, the atmosphere in the bar and restaurants is second to none, we stayed in a hotel last year that held civil marriages and one of the guy's came out into the lobby where we were having a drink and invited us all to come and have something to eat bless him

with cheese
03-07-2011, 23:42
Oy Dave you bloody poof, you win't get no where asking people to get a grip, not in the bars a certain poster wants anyway.
Don't need gay bars, went to a gay bar in Earls Court, couple of months back, welcome as hell, only straight couple in there, thought it was an Aussie bar (used to be). The big butch raving iron behind the bar said " wish more straught couples would come in". Had a fantastic lunch, ended up getting beaten at arm wrestling, lost a bloody fiver, bloody poofs. Same geezer bought me a beer with the winnings, kick em out, conned me out of a quid.

MaxineC
04-07-2011, 00:06
Oy Dave you bloody poof, you win't get no where asking people to get a grip, not in the bars a certain poster wants anyway.
Don't need gay bars, went to a gay bar in Earls Court, couple of months back, welcome as hell, only straight couple in there, thought it was an Aussie bar (used to be). The big butch raving iron behind the bar said " wish more straught couples would come in". Had a fantastic lunch, ended up getting beaten at arm wrestling, lost a bloody fiver, bloody poofs. Same geezer bought me a beer with the winnings, kick em out, conned me out of a quid.

Another bloody bigot.... :D :D :D

ps: Bet I could beat you arm wrestling too... wuss! :crylaughing:

jewels
04-07-2011, 01:16
i think gays are generally accepted in tenerife so theres no need for so called gay bars.

I agree,but I have two lovely friends that want to be able to have a cuddle or just hold hands without feeling uncomfortable

slodgedad
04-07-2011, 02:04
I have never understood the bibotry that gay couples seem to attract, maybe it's the way I was brought up.

My parents were friends with a couple of blokes who lived together when it was taboo but made sure we respected other's choices.

Bigotry is all down to upbringing whether it be sexism, racism or any other ism.

I'm proud to say my daughter doesn't see anyone as not being 'right' unless they have personally hurt her.

SuzyQ
04-07-2011, 02:38
I was chatting to a gay couple on the golf the other week, they had previously visited Gran Canaria and couldnt understand why there was no "gay scene" here. I honestly couldnt direct them anywhere, and Ive lived here 14 years and have lots of gay friends. A gap in the market maybe???

with cheese
04-07-2011, 06:48
Just tell them its just mince where you want in Tenerife, no segregation.

Ed3229
04-07-2011, 07:04
We had a bridesmaid when we got married who is gay/lesbian whatever you want to call her........Lucky for us she's not a vegetarian !!!

Jackie
04-07-2011, 07:42
Well blow me down, am I the last to know anything. Dave I thought you and Paul were just good mates...next you'll be telling me Kajo and J are partners as well haha:crylaughing::crylaughing: ;)

Dave we have a very good Canarian friend who is Gay and he and his partner always used to go to Gran Canaria when they wanted to party, as even they said the same thing about the gay scene here in Tenerife.

Bob
04-07-2011, 07:57
At least gay or straight people have a choice as to which bar to go in, which is more than can be said for us poor smokers.

Goforgold
04-07-2011, 08:42

Sunspot - I have NOT met one normal person during my lifetime, including me!!!! :) :)

Added after 3 minutes:

I have never understood the bibotry that gay couples seem to attract, maybe it's the way I was brought up.

My parents were friends with a couple of blokes who lived together when it was taboo but made sure we respected other's choices.

Bigotry is all down to upbringing whether it be sexism, racism or any other ism.

I'm proud to say my daughter doesn't see anyone as not being 'right' unless they have personally hurt her.

You've got one great daughter Slodge :)

delderek
04-07-2011, 09:03

Will I ever forget:surrender:

To my mind its about how the bar is run, and the personality of the owners,,,nothing to do with their sexuality.

dede
04-07-2011, 09:07
I have a few good friends who are gay and the ones that live here have to go to santa cruz to find the gay bars, so i think it would be a great investment for someone to open a few here in the south. Now can the mods please add a new catorgary to the forum for a "normal people only thread" so no gays can contribute to it, many thanks:headbang::headbang::headbang::lol::lol:

Jackie
04-07-2011, 09:08
Will I ever forget:surrender:

To my mind its about how the bar is run, and the personality of the owners,,,nothing to do with their sexuality.

Is this the time 'nipple tweaking' was involved haha :)

Although I wasn't there I do remember the posts on the forum the next day :)

Loaded
04-07-2011, 09:38
Is "gay bars" a little 1990????

There aren't straight bars, black bars, white bars....

rosa lee parkes saw to that back on a bus

Zara
04-07-2011, 10:20

I think perhaps the poster who objected so strongly is afraid of their own sexuality - if that is the case, it is very sad that they feel they can only criticise. Most people in the LGBT community know from experience that once you accept yourself for what you are you will be a happier, more open person.

I agree,but I have two lovely friends that want to be able to have a cuddle or just hold hands without feeling uncomfortable

And ??? I canīt see anything wrong with that - as long as they are not bonking on the table and I would object to that whoever they were gay or straight:ban:

delderek
04-07-2011, 10:22
Is this the time 'nipple tweaking' was involved haha :)

Although I wasn't there I do remember the posts on the forum the next day :)

I really thought everyone had forgotten,,,trust Dave to rehash it:sailor2:

bonitatime
04-07-2011, 16:34

I think you are probably right. My daughter has several friends who are gay of both sexes and they all seem to go out together in the same bars and clubs as those who are not gay.

KirstyJay
04-07-2011, 17:44
I really thought everyone had forgotten,,,trust Dave to rehash it:sailor2:If Dave hadn't, I would have. It's still very clear in my memory too ;) :D

delderek
04-07-2011, 19:27
If Dave hadn't, I would have. It's still very clear in my memory too ;) :D

Trust you to pop up, when least expected:surrender: Get on with retrieving your Database:poke:

slodgedad
04-07-2011, 20:24
Trust you to pop up, when least expected:surrender: Get on with retrieving your Database:poke:

:mexicanwave2::mexicanwave2::mexicanwave2:

babybadger
05-07-2011, 12:47
I think you will find in Spain generally, Gay bars aren't needed as Gays aren't as discriminated towards or felt to be 'shoved underground' as much as say the UK. I get annoyed when Gays decide they should have their own bars and then have the cheek to have a go at people about 'what is normal?'. If you class yourselves as normal , why do you need to discriminate against yourselves as having 'Gay only' or 'Gay friendly' bars? Surely two guys/girls kissing in public is now accepted?

Added after 3 minutes:

I was chatting to a gay couple on the golf the other week, they had previously visited Gran Canaria and couldnt understand why there was no "gay scene" here. I honestly couldnt direct them anywhere, and Ive lived here 14 years and have lots of gay friends. A gap in the market maybe???
I still don't get this, why does there have to be a 'Gay Scene' while Gays fight for the right to be considered 'Normal'?

MaxineC
05-07-2011, 12:53
I think you will find in Spain generally, Gay bars aren't needed as Gays aren't as discriminated towards or felt to be 'shoved underground' as much as say the UK. I get annoyed when Gays decide they should have their own bars and then have the cheek to have a go at people about 'what is normal?'. If you class yourselves as normal , why do you need to discriminate against yourselves as having 'Gay only' or 'Gay friendly' bars? Surely two guys/girls kissing in public is now accepted?

Did you read the OP... ???

babybadger
05-07-2011, 13:04
Did you read the OP... ???

Yes and my answer to the question at the bottom is 'YES', but I wouldn't go if it had a sign saying 'Gay Friendly' outside........just like I wouldn't go to a restaurant with my kids in Tenerife that specifically said 'Child Friendly', all restaurants are 'Child Friendly' .... no need to advertise, and if they aren't '.....friendly' they need to be avoided at all costs....

Suej
05-07-2011, 13:09

Added after 3 minutes:

I still don't get this, why does there have to be a 'Gay Scene' while Gays fight for the right to be considered 'Normal'?

Same reason that single people go to singles bars or go on singles Holidays, to meet other people that they will have something in common with or just possibly looking for Lurve! ;)

MaxineC
05-07-2011, 13:11
Yes and my answer to the question at the bottom is 'YES', but I wouldn't go if it had a sign saying 'Gay Friendly' outside........just like I wouldn't go to a restaurant with my kids in Tenerife that specifically said 'Child Friendly', all restaurants are 'Child Friendly' .... no need to advertise, and if they aren't '.....friendly' they need to be avoided at all costs....

I've never seen a bar or restaurant advertising gay friendly outside...

caroletenerife
05-07-2011, 13:16
Theres a couple of bars in Las Americas that have the rainbow flag outside x

atlantico
05-07-2011, 13:26
All bars should just advertise . . . . . . people friendly !

Problem sorted !!

What IS a Gay bar ? Only gays allowed ? Gays welcomed ? Gay friendly ? a happy bar ? a bar run/owned/managed by Gays ? or the decor is PINK ?

I remember the OPPOSITE being said a few years ago by gay bar owners,

"why is our bar labelled as Gay? Just because us, the owners, are gay ? We like beer, a laugh, football and pool too you know "

babybadger
05-07-2011, 13:38
Theres a couple of bars in Las Americas that have the rainbow flag outside x

That says to me 'proud to be gay', not tolerant of all people....

with cheese
05-07-2011, 13:52
I've never seen a bar or restaurant advertising gay friendly outside...
Only because you are always to drunk and have blurred vision you raving Lesbian, oops Thesbian.

Zara
05-07-2011, 14:04
That says to me 'proud to be gay', not tolerant of all people....

I went into a bar in the UK with a rainbow flag and was specifically asked if I was gay, when I asked what difference it made I was asked to leave. Being asked to leave a bar at my age must be a record but I have many gay friends and can only assume that the bar I went into was not as open minded as either myself or my friends. Shame that some people have hang ups whatever their sexual preferences.

Ed3229
05-07-2011, 14:50
Why do people attack others who don't agree with the gay/lesbian lifestyle.To some its not right and never will be.
Personally I don't care less what people do...smoke,drink,smoke drugs ect .What I mean is is if somebody said " I don't like gay/lesbian people" in a conversation I would not say they are wrong to say that because its got absolutely nothing to do with me what other people like/dislike.

babybadger
05-07-2011, 14:58
Why do people attack others who don't agree with the gay/lesbian lifestyle.To some its not right and never will be.
Personally I don't care less what people do...smoke,drink,smoke drugs ect .What I mean is is if somebody said " I don't like gay/lesbian people" in a conversation I would not say they are wrong to say that because its got absolutely nothing to do with me what other people like/dislike.

By that you mean 'freedom of expression' and 'freedom of speech'?

babybadger
05-07-2011, 14:59
I went into a bar in the UK with a rainbow flag and was specifically asked if I was gay, when I asked what difference it made I was asked to leave. Being asked to leave a bar at my age must be a record but I have many gay friends and can only assume that the bar I went into was not as open minded as either myself or my friends. Shame that some people have hang ups whatever their sexual preferences.

That alone is prejudice. You should have complained to the licencing authority.

El Rico PL
05-07-2011, 15:00

Because they shouting all over we are gays and we want own gay bars. Normal people donīt do that. Nobody cares if you are or not a gay. Why they have to be treated in special way? Not normal way? That why I think one of the reason they are not normal. They make themselves not normal and after asking why we donīt treat them like normal people. Be whoever you are but donīt shout all over the world. The same gay, lesbian parade. Sick !!!

babybadger
05-07-2011, 15:05
I have to say , I'm Heterosexual , and I am proud of it. I wear my Heterosexuality with pride and am happy to display this anywhere, anytime, (if my partner is willing).... I am also happy to defend people's right to be Gay, but not so they are more equal or have special rights over me. We are all equal, and as such I want to be treated as equal whenever, wherever.

Added after 17 minutes:

[/B]

Same reason that single people go to singles bars or go on singles Holidays, to meet other people that they will have something in common with or just possibly looking for Lurve! ;)

But Single people aren't looking for the fight to be considered 'normal' , nor does 'single' suggest only 'heterosexual', unless 'Singles bars/holidays' are anti-gay?

Balcony
05-07-2011, 15:30
We have relatives and friends (M & F) who are gay, but we tend not to view them as 'gay', but relatives and friends. We do meet with their friends who are a mix of gay/straight. Some are more open than others. One of my best friends from the US was gay and he took me to places and we met people - well, perhaps, I wouldn't have told my mother about! But always people we know seem to respect the life style and preferences of each other. I'm straight, but I love Pride week in Brighton. It's a great deal of fun.

Better people worry about their own lives than the lives of others.

Ed3229
05-07-2011, 15:40
Anyway back to the topic......No I have absolutely no idea why these bars don't work well...........

atlantico
05-07-2011, 16:00
But surely anyone setting up as a 'Gay Only' bar are reducing their potential clientčle list ? I'm pretty sure that the numbers of Gay customers are in low numbers compared with the rest of the general population. Thats like opening a MAN CITY Only Fan Bar - not many customers out there !! lol

dokgolf
05-07-2011, 18:30
[QUOTE=atlantico2;533 I'm opening a MAN CITY Only Fan Bar ?? lol[/QUOTE]

Let me just check if the phone box is free!!:whistle:

with cheese
05-07-2011, 21:23
Gay pride eh, now that is a big festival, I believe Rio is Numero uno, then Santa Cruz and Pride No.3.

I ain't gay but if you think there is a them us thing between us hetro's and the poofs, come to Brighton. No gay bashing, no hetro slagging, no seperation (yes there are bars that Gay people frequent more, but there are bars that art students etc do so), if you walk in one with your hetro partner, you don't even get noticed.
Go in a shop and a geezer with make up and a lisp asks you what you want. Just don't ask a Gay bloke in the butchers how he would like his salami sliced.

These are hard working people not bloody illegal immigrants and dole scroungers, or 15 to a flat Polish, drop the wages to 3.50 an hour, ****s.

Malteser Monkey
05-07-2011, 21:48
ouch !

Gay pride eh, now that is a big festival, I believe Rio is Numero uno, then Santa Cruz and Pride No.3.

I ain't gay but if you think there is a them us thing between us hetro's and the poofs, come to Brighton. No gay bashing, no hetro slagging, no seperation (yes there are bars that Gay people frequent more, but there are bars that art students etc do so), if you walk in one with your hetro partner, you don't even get noticed.
Go in a shop and a geezer with make up and a lisp asks you what you want. Just don't ask a Gay bloke in the butchers how he would like his salami sliced.

These are hard working people not bloody illegal immigrants and dole scroungers, or 15 to a flat Polish, drop the wages to 3.50 an hour, ****s.

is you there, how's it going ...........wow know what you are saying tho

MaxineC
05-07-2011, 22:00
But surely anyone setting up as a 'Gay Only' bar are reducing their potential clientčle list ? I'm pretty sure that the numbers of Gay customers are in low numbers compared with the rest of the general population. Thats like opening a MAN CITY Only Fan Bar - not many customers out there !! lol

:crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

DaveRF
05-07-2011, 22:23
Because they shouting all over we are gays and we want own gay bars. Normal people donīt do that. Nobody cares if you are or not a gay. Why they have to be treated in special way? Not normal way? That why I think one of the reason they are not normal. They make themselves not normal and after asking why we donīt treat them like normal people. Be whoever you are but donīt shout all over the world. The same gay, lesbian parade. Sick !!!

You seem to be shouting all over more than anyone. It's YOUR issue not mine.

If you care to read my OP again you will see that I said I don't usually frequent the gay scene. I like to go to bars. I don't like to segregate myself. Sometimes it's nice to go to a gay bar for a change in the same way that sometimes it's nice to go to a karaoke bar or a bar with green wallpaper or a quiz night.

You seem to be totally ignorant of the fact that some of these people have been discriminated against since forever. I'm talking discrimination both socially or legislatively. We are lucky in most of Europe in that we are treated equally. Unfortunately even in so called developed Countries such as the USA the discrimination is all too evident. Why? Because of ignorant, intolerant people like you. Yes YOU. I do not go to gay pride events but would fight for other people's right to. These events do not affect you in any way so can you please explain your issue with them?

What some people fail to do is think things through and put themselves in other people's shoes. Imagine you were born heterosexual into a world where homosexuality was mainstream and heterosexuals were treated the way homosexuals have been in the past. Would you live a gay lifestyle to conform? How would you feel if every aspect of your upbringing and life was subjected to pressure to be someone other than yourself.

At the end of the day what other consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home that does not affect others has nothing to do with anyone else. Everyone has skeletons in their closet and secret parts of their life that other people somewhere would find distasteful.

with cheese
05-07-2011, 22:30
You seem to be shouting all over more than anyone. It's YOUR issue not mine.

If you care to read my OP again you will see that I said I don't usually frequent the gay scene. I like to go to bars. I don't like to segregate myself. Sometimes it's nice to go to a gay bar for a change in the same way that sometimes it's nice to go to a karaoke bar or a bar with green wallpaper or a quiz night.

You seem to be totally ignorant of the fact that some of these people have been discriminated against since forever. I'm talking discrimination both socially or legislatively. We are lucky in most of Europe in that we are treated equally. Unfortunately even in so called developed Countries such as the USA the discrimination is all too evident. Why? Because of ignorant, intolerant people like you. Yes YOU. I do not go to gay pride events but would fight for other people's right to. These events do not affect you in any way so can you please explain your issue with them?

What some people fail to do is think things through and put themselves in other people's shoes. Imagine you were born heterosexual into a world where homosexuality was mainstream and heterosexuals were treated the way homosexuals have been in the past. Would you live a gay lifestyle to conform? How would you feel if every aspect of your upbringing and life was subjected to pressure to be someone other than yourself.

At the end of the day what other consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home that does not affect others has nothing to do with anyone else. Everyone has skeletons in their closet and secret parts of their life that other people somewhere would find distasteful.

Dave, you ****, "go to a Karechoke bar" blox, there is a bloody limit. I can accept you are a poof but that is taking the p188.:whistle:

DaveRF
05-07-2011, 22:33
Dave, you ****, "go to a Karechoke bar" blox, there is a bloody limit. I can accept you are a poof but that is taking the p188.:whistle:

You'd disapprove even more if you heard my singing :pray:

with cheese
05-07-2011, 22:35
Listen I told you stop soliciting, if you want to do that go to one of them GAY BARS, that some geezer on here keeps trying to bump.

pablo1
05-07-2011, 22:40
Everyone has skeletons in their closet.

Is this the reason that people come out of the closet ? The skeletons taking up too much room ? :-)

DaveRF
05-07-2011, 22:41
Is this the reason that people come out of the closet ? The skeletons taking up too much room ? :-)

Not a problem if you are never in in the first place!! :)

Indigo
05-07-2011, 22:44
People seem to be missing one of the main points of going to a gay bar though....to meet other gay people and possible partners etc...its very difficult to meet others in regular bars and clubs due to there being such a high number of straight people.

karinagal
05-07-2011, 22:48
That would be end of the world............

Geez, it must be pretty boring in your world where everything is either black or white, right or wrong..... no room for compromise at all.... the bible teaches us to love our neighbour. As far as I am aware, it doesn't qualify that statement to say 'as long as they are not gay'. We have a poster up in our workplace which for me says it all - 'Some people are gay - deal with it'

pablo1
05-07-2011, 22:57
That would be end of the world -.............

Did you know that your location is an anagram of Solo, no way !!!

Though I guess it's probably true in your case as you sit in your underpants and vest in a darkened room, eating chocolate and crisps and drinking fizzy pop whilst anonymously, getting brave behind a keyboard, airing your prehistoric views.

Does it make you feel good ? :-)

El Rico PL
05-07-2011, 23:05

Being a singel and having relationships without commitment is very popular in Norway. There is plenty of Gays here but didnīt notice shouting about own "special rights". Everybody is equal. You are a gay thats ok, no problem.

People seem to be missing one of the main points of going to a gay bar though....to meet other gay people and possible partners etc...its very difficult to meet others in regular bars and clubs due to there being such a high number of straight people.

because animals cant consent so sex

yeah you are right about it

Added after 2 minutes:

Geez, it must be pretty boring in your world where everything is either black or white, right or wrong..... no room for compromise at all.... the bible teaches us to love our neighbour. As far as I am aware, it doesn't qualify that statement to say 'as long as they are not gay'. We have a poster up in our workplace which for me says it all - 'Some people are gay - deal with it'

I donīt mind that some people are gays. Never had problem with them. I mind shouting about own special rights. If we are equal why they make themselves special "not normal" people?

MaxineC
05-07-2011, 23:08
That would be end of the world ....................................

You and your bigotry is getting right up my nose... I find your comments quite disgusting. God help the world if you successfully procreate, and your children are brought up with the same hatred because their father has taught them such things are abnormal and should be despised.

Live and let live...

pablo1
05-07-2011, 23:08
[QUOTE=El Rico PL;53744] You are a gay thats ok, no problem.

Make your mind up ! I thought you did have a problem ? :-)

with cheese
05-07-2011, 23:10

Though I guess it's probably true in your case as you sit in your underpants and vest in a darkened room, eating chocolate and crisps and drinking fizzy pop whilst anonymously, getting brave behind a keyboard, airing your prehistoric views.

Does it make you feel good ? :-)

Bloody hell Pablo we agree, meet you at the local Gay Bar tomorrow 6pm

El Rico PL
05-07-2011, 23:12
[QUOTE=El Rico PL;53744] You are a gay thats ok, no problem.

Make your mind up ! I thought you did have a problem ? :-)

Just read what I wrote before.

onelegnofeet
05-07-2011, 23:14
- two men cannot procreate, neither can two women.

Considering your ingnorance ,that sounds like a pretty good option !!!!TWONK :crazy:

MaxineC
05-07-2011, 23:15
Being a singel and having relationships without commitment is very popular in Norway. There is plenty of Gays here but didnīt notice shouting about own "special rights". Everybody is equal. You are a gay thats ok, no problem.

yeah you are right about it

Added after 2 minutes:

I donīt mind that some people are gays. Never had problem with them. I mind shouting about own special rights. If we are equal why they make themselves special "not normal" people?

For gods sake, you are stupid as well as ignorant.... NOBODY - I REPEAT - NOBODY has been shouting for special rights... If your English is good enough to write such insulting posts, it must be good enough to read simple words...

El Rico PL
05-07-2011, 23:16
Considering your ingnorance ,that sounds like a pretty good option !!!!TWONK :crazy:

That was an answer for question why I think being a gay isnīt normal.
I dinīt call anybody TWONK which in my opinion is insulting. Just write my opinions.

For gods sake, you are stupid as well as ignorant.... NOBODY - I REPEAT - NOBODY has been shouting for special rights... If your English is good enough to write such insulting posts, it must be good enough to read simple words...

Yeah what about that gays and lesbians wanna have a baby? They fight about that right and shout all over the world that they have fully right to have one. Do you think they are right? I donīt.
There is no way I want insult anybody. I just write my opinion. I respect others opinions as well. We have fully right have one.

pablo1
05-07-2011, 23:19
[QUOTE=pablo1;53749]

Just read what I wrote before.

No thanks El Rico, i'm off to get frisky with my dog.....

Loaded
05-07-2011, 23:19
Amazing how people think they can impose "normality" on other people who have chosen or been born to follow a different way.

It doesn't matter about "the end of mankind if everyone was gay" - that's far from the case and plenty of straight people are keeping the Human race going, although I wish some wouldn't !

MaxineC
05-07-2011, 23:24
That was an answer for question why I think being a gay isnīt normal.

Yeah what about that gays and lesbians wanna have a baby? They fight about that right and shout all over the world that they have fully right to have one. Do you think they are right? I donīt.

what about it? Some would make darn sight better parents than drug addicts/child abusers/murderers/bigoted fools.... shall I continue?

How you can bring a thread asking why there aren't many gay bars in Tenerife, to comparing gays to bestiality (The correct term for f***g animals!) is beyond me.... Your mind works in dark and unpleasant ways.

Aren't there any nice, anti-gay forums in Norway you can join??

Andrzej
05-07-2011, 23:24

I was in a gay bar a few years back and the gay landlord objected to a hetrosexual couple kissing ..... his comment was "If we go into a 'normal' pub they don't allow two gays kissing and this offends....so, seeing a hetrosexual couple kissing here offends me!!!!!"

Live and let live!

Gran Canaria has many Gay or Gay Friendly bars that are open throughout the day..so does Benidorm...the gay scene in south Tenerife (and Puerto) does not start well after midnight....it's ok for the younger crowd in their 20's but what about us older...who like our early nights?

DaveRF
05-07-2011, 23:26
Aren't there any nice, anti-gay forums in Norway you can join??

He's been banned from them all because his views were too extreme.

MaxineC
05-07-2011, 23:30
[QUOTE=El Rico PL;53751]

No thanks El Rico, i'm off to get frisky with my dog.....

I laughed so much at that comment I wee'd a little.... :D

He's been banned from them all because his views were too extreme.

Now why wouldn't that surprise me.... Buffoon (I know, very polite for me ;))

sundownersvince
05-07-2011, 23:53
I know someone who goes to Tenerife from Norway, his name is Jan, I do hope its not the same person as walking amongst the naturists on La Tajita beach all afternoon and spending your evenings in WOMAN at Las Chafiras may be construed by some not to be normal! :D

with cheese
06-07-2011, 00:01
Vince, nice of you to come out.

El Rico PL
06-07-2011, 00:09
I know someone who goes to Tenerife from Norway, his name is Jan, I do hope its not the same person as walking amongst the naturists on La Tajita beach all afternoon and spending your evenings in WOMAN at Las Chafiras may be construed by some not to be normal! :D

No I am not the same person. You are right that kind of behavior can be construed by someone not to be normal.
And that someone have full rights to have own opinion about that and we donīt need to agree with that someone.

I donīt understand naturists. What is the point going naked? I donīt care about it. If they like it thatīs fine.
I didnīt hear that naturists wanna any special rights or to be treated in special way. I might be wrong of course.

onelegnofeet
06-07-2011, 00:14
well if hes Normal his first name must be Abi !!!!

El Rico PL
06-07-2011, 00:20
well if hes Normal his first name must be Abi !!!!

Yes I am ABI (0 or 1) there is nothing between that ;)

ps. have a great day all of you.

DaveRF
06-07-2011, 00:22
I donīt understand naturists. What is the point going naked? I donīt care about it. If they like it thatīs fine.
I didnīt hear that naturists wanna any special rights or to be treated in special way. I might be wrong of course.

Me neither. They probably just want to be treated equally like most in any minority groups do. Unfortunately some have to shout very loudly indeed to be heard and get equal treatment. Equal treatment that is not special treatment.

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 00:46
I agree with you about the first. And I agree that they shoulnīt have a baby as much as gays-lesbians.

Yes you are right this went off topic. Sorry will not post any more about it. Cheer up

Yes maybe i went too far with comparing.

Sorry if somebody felt insulted.

Yes I am already in one ;) I am the boss ;P

And what about this special rights (it is happening over US universities)
Arenīt that special rights treating?

http://web.missouri.edu/~umcstudentlifelgbt/resources/straightbutnotnarrow.pdf

Use non-gender specific language. Ask "Are you seeing someone?" or "Are you in a committed relationship?," instead of "Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?" or "Are you married?" Use the word "partner" or "significant other'' instead of "boyfriend/girlfriend" or "husband/wife."

Why gay cannot have boyfriend and lesbian cannot have girlfriend? heh
Better sounds if you ask a man : Do you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend? Why the hell they wanna special rights? Maybe they will want special gay toilets and lesbian toilets because they will not feel comfortable in normal ones?

ps. People you have to understand that everybody have full rights to have own opinion and everybody should respect that. You might not agree with my or other opinions but that is completely normal. That is your right.

Everybody does have a right to their own opinion, nobody is questioning that. However, when ones opinion is just an excuse to insult so many people, and use every opportunity to shout those insults, nobody will ever take your opinions seriously...

You have come across as an extremely unpleasant, ignorant and offensive person... and you have left a worse taste in my mouth than any 'minority' group could do.... You've actually disgusted me!

Andy0210
06-07-2011, 01:37
Lets take this to a whole new level, has anyone thought of opening a....

"Gay Karaoke Bar"

It could be the future....... ;)

sundownersvince
06-07-2011, 02:09
Vince, nice of you to come out.

Her indoors told me I couldn't come out.

Andy0210
06-07-2011, 02:11
Her indoors told me I couldn't come out.

Are you sure she isnīt a he??

Check if Adam has an apple????

sundownersvince
06-07-2011, 02:17
Name is Pat, not Adam. And did you see the road sign on your picture? Says you can go either way!

with cheese
06-07-2011, 07:01
Now Now Vince why he should he become straight.

sunchaser
06-07-2011, 12:58
because in tenerife if they are chinese or black they are usually in there selling crap:eyebrows:

omg omg omg omg

babybadger
06-07-2011, 13:09
My mate 't-bagged' (....and in a green mankini....) our mate on a stag do, and he enjoyed it.... do you think he is Gay? I will try and post the picture up later (it's as tasteful as it can be....)

El Rico PL
06-07-2011, 15:06
Everybody does have a right to their own opinion, nobody is questioning that. However, when ones opinion is just an excuse to insult so many people, and use every opportunity to shout those insults, nobody will ever take your opinions seriously...

You have come across as an extremely unpleasant, ignorant and offensive person... and you have left a worse taste in my mouth than any 'minority' group could do.... You've actually disgusted me!

Youīre welcome
See I respect your opinion. Plenty of people is questioning somebody else opinions saying that they arenīt right. But who decide what is right and what not? Instead saying you are wrong about letīs say (saying that being a gay is not normal) those people should say In my opinion you are not right about that or I have different opinion about that. No, plenty people say straight - No you are stupid you are wrong!!! You are against gays so your opinions are wrong!!! Just because you think differently than others. You have fully right to be disgusted. But you said straight that I came across as an extremely unpleasant, ignorant and offensive person. This is what i am talking about. You should say that in your opinion I came across.... I my opinion you are wrong. Why do you take my opinions as insult? Somebody is asking why do I think being gay is not normal so I am giving my opinion and straight my opinion is an insult. Because I have my own opinion about something differently than others I must be the bad one. I dinīt call anybody badly and as you remember somebody insulted me, in my opinion at least. Maybe I went too far comparing but other than that can you show me where did I insulted anyone?

with cheese
06-07-2011, 15:10
YOU DON'T GIVE UP DO YER, TENACITY, YOU WOULD MAKE A GOOD poof.

CaribeCelt
06-07-2011, 16:16
Youīre welcome
See I respect your opinion. Plenty of people is questioning somebody else opinions saying that they arenīt right. But who decide what is right and what not? Instead saying you are wrong about letīs say (saying that being a gay is not normal) those people should say In my opinion you are not right about that or I have different opinion about that. No, plenty people say straight - No you are stupid you are wrong!!! You are against gays so your opinions are wrong!!! Just because you think differently than others. You have fully right to be disgusted. But you said straight that I came across as an extremely unpleasant, ignorant and offensive person. This is what i am talking about. You should say that in your opinion I came across.... I my opinion you are wrong. Why do you take my opinions as insult? Somebody is asking why do I think being gay is not normal so I am giving my opinion and straight my opinion is an insult. Because I have my own opinion about something differently than others I must be the bad one. I dinīt call anybody badly and as you remember somebody insulted me, in my opinion at least. Maybe I went too far comparing but other than that can you show me where did I insulted anyone?

You insulted a lot of people on this forum when you said that the Gay community were not"Normal".
And then you persisted in your ignorance by saying they were not"normal" because they could not create children.
What does it matter if two people, who deeply love each other and want to spend their days together,cannot have children.
You wer harking back to the Bible as well to justify your,outdated,disgusting Racism.

El Rico PL
06-07-2011, 16:43
You insulted a lot of people on this forum when you said that the Gay community were not"Normal".
And then you persisted in your ignorance by saying they were not"normal" because they could not create children.
What does it matter if two people, who deeply love each other and want to spend their days together,cannot have children.
You wer harking back to the Bible as well to justify your,outdated,disgusting Racism.

First of all that was my opinion which generally may not be truth (but in my mind this is the right one). Who says what is right and what not. Certainly you donīt but you are trying to say that my opinion is the one which is wrong. One more time you donīt decide what is right and what not. I called gays not normal just the way people called let say daviant people not normal. (Deviant behavior is behavior which does not adhere to widely-accepted social or cultural norms.) This wasnīt an insult in my opinion. Just my way how I call gays. Anyway in my opinion gays-lesbianbs community make themselves not normal asking for rights having baby and not only that. I was asked why do I think they are not normal so my opinion was clear. My right to have one and you do not need agree with me, that is your right.
How opinion can be a racism? I never say that I hate gays!!! I just donīt like that they want be treated in special way. I like when everybody is equal but to the certain level of course (baby case). Do you know what word RACISM means? You just read all my posts before write something like that because calling me Racist in my opinion is an insult.

CaribeCelt
06-07-2011, 17:26
Yes i am fully aware what Racism means.
You say you don't want Gays treated in a special way...what way do you want them treated?
All loving couples should have the right to have a child regardless of their sexuality.

If you think somebody should be denied the right of love or the love of a child just because of their sexuality then you are a RACIST.

dokgolf
06-07-2011, 17:42
Technically, that would make him a bigot;) Carry on!:D

CaribeCelt
06-07-2011, 17:53
Technically, that would make him a bigot;) Carry on!:D

Racist,Bigot,Neanderthal...they are all the same to me!;)

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 18:19
Lets take this to a whole new level, has anyone thought of opening a....

"Gay Karaoke Bar"

It could be the future....... ;)

Then instead of shouting for equal rights, they could sing about it.... :romeo: :D

Youīre welcome

You said several things that I found offensive, however you totally disgusted me when you said gays were no different to people who f****d dogs.... I accept everybody has their own opinions, but that comment was highly offensive to many people.

For the very last time, the thread was about gay bars in Tenerife. Single-handly you took the thread to a depth that turned my stomach. We all know your feelings now, you seem to want to rant on about them non-stop. Personally, I no longer wish to read anything more, on any subject, that comes from a mind as twisted as yours... You apologised once for causing offensive, only to continue with it... Your words mean nothing now, and your apologies are empty.

There's many other things I would like to say to you, but they would probably get me banned... and I do not wish to lose my membership here over a foul-minded bigot like you...

YOUNG GOLFER
06-07-2011, 18:40
Why do gay bars seem not to do well in Tenerife south?

Well by some of the gay bars i have been to i have to say i am not surprised they don't do well....once a month i use to go with Heff up the north to empty machines ect and we had to be after 11pm due to the fact they open late...and have to say 1 or 2 were fine guys going about there own business no different than any other bar.

But i have also been to a few that were down right seedy and disgusting it was like a cattle market each wanting to get their leg over with anyone.
You had the guy in the corner going up to guys offering sex or a sex act for 50€ on the beach...(sad).

Also the bars that feel the need to have hard core porn on the TV i found that very sad and not really good for business if like me i have gay friends and i wanted to join them for a drink...me not being gay i found it sick.

But i would also find it sick if i went to any bar that had that sort of filth on the tv.

I to be honest have no problem what so ever if you are a gay person than fine we all have our own lives to lead.

But get rid of that crap on the TV's in bars and you just might get a little more custom.

howard thornton
06-07-2011, 18:50

Well by some of the gay bars i have been to i have to say i am not surprised they don't do well....once a month i use to go with Heff up the north to empty machines ect and we had to be after 11pm due to the fact they open late...and have to say 1 or 2 were fine guys going about there own business no different than any other bar.

But i have also been to a few that were down right seedy and disgusting it was like a cattle market each wanting to get their leg over with anyone.
You had the guy in the corner going up to guys offering sex or a sex act for 50€ on the beach...(sad).

Also the bars that feel the need to have hard core porn on the TV i found that very sad and not really good for business if like me i have gay friends and i wanted to join them for a drink...me not being gay i found it sick.

But i would also find it sick if i went to any bar that had that sort of filth on the tv.

I to be honest have no problem what so ever if you are a gay person than fine we all have our own lives to lead.

But get rid of that crap on the TV's in bars and you just might get a little more custom.

now that really is disgusting.i wouldn't like to just drop in on any of them bars.is that concidered normal?

tracey
06-07-2011, 19:02
I was booking a hotel in Gran Canaria recently and all the websites told you if it was īgay friendlyī. WHY???????
Does that mean that the ones who dont say that will chuck gay couples out??

Its like saying īnon married friendlyī , or īblack friendlyī. Its crazy

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 19:07
I was booking a hotel in Gran Canaria recently and all the websites told you if it was īgay friendlyī. WHY???????
Does that mean that the ones who dont say that will chuck gay couples out??

Its like saying īnon married friendlyī , or īblack friendlyī. Its crazy

The story of the 2 gay guys that were refused a room in a b&b in the UK, got global attention. So yes, I think some establishments feel it is worth mentioning.... :(

pablo1
06-07-2011, 19:36

Bloody hell Stu !! They're not gay bars you went in, they sound more like something you would happen across in the back streets of Amsterdam !!
The gay village in Manchester is a good example of what the modern gay scene is.
Trendy bars where everybody is welcome, publicised well enough to attract people of all sexual preferences... :-)

YOUNG GOLFER
06-07-2011, 19:48
now that really is disgusting.i wouldn't like to just drop in on any of them bars.is that concidered normal?

I think you will still find that the norm here... maybe a few gay men on here will back me up....and it's not the thing my gay mates were interested in either.

One thing for sure Tenerife is well behind if what you guys are saying about the gay bars back in the UK.

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 19:50
Gay Village in Manchester is a fantastic night out, whatever your sexual preferences are... and very safe for for small groups of girls ;)

YOUNG GOLFER
06-07-2011, 20:02
Gay Village in Manchester is a fantastic night out, whatever your sexual preferences are... and very safe for for small groups of girls ;)

But what team do they follow City or United....over to you Paul.xxx

pablo1
06-07-2011, 20:07

It's confusing to be honest mate.. whenever I ask somebody they always reply that they bat for the other side, whatever that means... :-)

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 20:18

United of course, we have better looking players and win more... :D

YOUNG GOLFER
06-07-2011, 20:23
United of course, we have better looking players and win more... :D

Yes i have to agree that Rooney is a stunner...thought old Luke Chadwick was ugly....then the brothers grim Gary and Phillip. lol

DaveRF
06-07-2011, 20:26
I think you will still find that the norm here... maybe a few gay men on here will back me up....and it's not the thing my gay mates were interested in either.

One thing for sure Tenerife is well behind if what you guys are saying about the gay bars back in the UK.

I can confirm that what you say is very true of the gay bars we tried out in Tenerife South. A far cry from what you find in most other places.

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 20:29
Yes i have to agree that Rooney is a stunner...thought old Luke Chadwick was ugly....then the brothers grim Gary and Phillip. lol

Fair comment, I'll give you that one... but remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder ;)

onelegnofeet
06-07-2011, 20:36
I wonder if ...............during world war 2 that there were any gay soldiers ,sailors etc helping Norway over its occupation by Germany .
I wonder if ..........there are any gay men in the RNLI (well i know 3 presently ) that have helped Norways trawlermen in distress .
I wonder if .........they needed hospital help ,how many doctors ,nurses etc were gay .
I wonder if ......this member asks when needing serious help "Are you gay?"
I wonder if .......ever Bigots really stop to think ???

dokgolf
06-07-2011, 21:55

My brother-in-law was in Manchester for a stag do. He asked me if I knew of any good places to go, so I sent him to Canal street along with the other 15 very hetrosexual men. I got a tirade of abuse via text, but 4 hours later, all of them were still there! They had a ball. They said the banter and messing between themselves and the gays was brilliant!

Brian Lewis
06-07-2011, 22:23
I think you generally get a more friendly crown in the predominately "Gay" bars.

DaveRF
06-07-2011, 22:52
I think you generally get a more friendly crown in the predominately "Gay" bars.

I've not seen many Queens out wearing their crowns ;)

with cheese
06-07-2011, 23:01
My mate in the Navy said to Prince Philip "you and me have a lot in common" my lover is a Queen

Brian Lewis
07-07-2011, 01:46
That's because I can't spell "crowd". :crylaughing:

conway
07-07-2011, 05:14
[ Two men cannot procreate, neither can two women - only a man and a woman can procreate - that is an undeniable fact.

Sorry I know I'm going back to page one here but only just read this post, feeling confused.

Me (female), Hubby (male) + no children - Does this mean I am not "normal?"

onelegnofeet
07-07-2011, 07:21

NO,just blinking lucky when i look at my crowd !!!LOL..................PS.if you need to off load any pocket money my address is ............................:pray::pray:

with cheese
07-07-2011, 10:40
[ Two men cannot procreate, neither can two women - only a man and a woman can procreate - that is an undeniable fact.

Sorry I know I'm going back to page one here but only just read this post, feeling confused.

You seem OK, check out your old man lol

Malteser Monkey
07-07-2011, 10:48

:crylaughing:
you going to put it to the test - cheesey ?

conway
07-07-2011, 20:41

We'll be over shortly maybe you could check him out yourself...

with cheese
07-07-2011, 20:53
No problem, but i don't come cheap LOL

tonypub
07-07-2011, 21:16
jimandsis bar seems to be doin well:raspberry2::run:

onelegnofeet
07-07-2011, 21:22
jimandsis bar seems to be doin well:raspberry2::run:

I've been in there ,WHAT YOU TRYING TO SAY ???...........i know my @rse is near the floor but !!!!

tonypub
07-07-2011, 21:25
I've been in there ,WHAT YOU TRYING TO SAY ???...........i know my @rse is near the floor but !!!!butt.......

onelegnofeet
07-07-2011, 21:28
butt.......

Come on ,finish your excuse

with cheese
07-07-2011, 21:34
Onetoe, nice to see you in Jimbo's bar, didn't know kilts came in a mini skirt style.

reggie
07-07-2011, 21:37
Onetoe, nice to see you in Jimbo's bar, didn't know kilts came in a mini skirt style.

Thats his belt

onelegnofeet
07-07-2011, 21:38

YES YOU DID ....................next you will be saying you werent a BAYCITY ROLLERS fan !!!!
BTW ,give Sequins a miss in future ........they really arent the look for you

with cheese
07-07-2011, 21:45
You didn't complain on the night sweetie.

onelegnofeet
07-07-2011, 21:50
You didn't complain on the night sweetie.

Yes ,Rohypnol does keep one quiet .................................TART !!!

marbro8
08-07-2011, 22:46
when we first started to use the rovers return martin the "gay" barman was one of the main reasons we used the place so much, he was such a great host, even though he does not own the place, i once asked him why he gave me so many large measures of soco and he said "he was hoping to give that much that he would turn me":eyebrows: all he managed to do was to get me that drunk that i nearly wrecked our apartment during the night just trying to find the loo!!!!:sailor2:

Added after 6 minutes:

YES YOU DID ....................next you will be saying you werent a BAYCITY ROLLERS fan !!!!
BTW ,give Sequins a miss in future ........they really arent the look for you"b.a.y b.a.y b.a.y c.i.t.y with an r.o.ll.e.r.s. bay city rollers are the best" lol yes i was a fan, and i was the spit of eric when i was young when i had hair:eyebrows:

Sal
08-07-2011, 23:52

Of course you're normal - we are all normal. Having a happy loving relationship hasn't anything to do with procreation. Live and let live -accept people for what they are - their personalities, not their sexualities - that has nothing to do with other people. Unless of course somebody can actually define "normal" ???

onelegnofeet
09-07-2011, 09:05
"b.a.y b.a.y b.a.y c.i.t.y with an r.o.ll.e.r.s. bay city rollers are the best" lol yes i was a fan, and i was the spit of eric when i was young when i had hair:eyebrows:

Wasnt he the GINGER one ................ooh heck i meant hair colour not the other meaning of Ginger !!!!:sailor2:SHANGALANG!!!

emmess
09-07-2011, 18:31
So, I hope that because the bigot thinks people have to be heterosexual because they must procreate to be 'normal' that he's never used contraception in his entire life. Otherwise he must just not be normal either. Grrr - some people make my blood boil!

onelegnofeet
09-07-2011, 19:13
So, I hope that because the bigot thinks people have to be heterosexual because they must procreate to be 'normal' that he's never used contraception in his entire life. Otherwise he must just not be normal either. Grrr - some people make my blood boil!

I hope he has and continues to use contraception ................god help us for any offspring !!!:(:(