PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 1/ 2 bed apartment wanted for long let in the Los Cristianos area of Tenerife

robntoni
03-07-2011, 21:10
Hi. My fiance and I live in the UK (Herefordshire) and we're looking to move to Tenerife in August/September for at least a year. We are happy to commit to the right place for at least six months.

We want to rent a 1 or two bedroom apartment, ideally in Los Cristianos but we'd consider elsewhere if the place is nice. We are in Tenerife (Adeje) right now to look around and talk to estate agents. We're here until Friday so this week would be a great time to do viewings.

We're not sure if we prefer the idea of a complex or something else. To be honest, if the place is nice and the area good, we're going to be flexible.

Ideally, we want good views (sea) and near to beach. Budget is ideally 5-600 pcm but we might push to 7-800 if the place wows us.

Please PM me here - pics would be great.

Rob and Toni

robntoni
04-07-2011, 16:47
I've had no replies here or PM so I'm a bit concerned we won't be viewing anywhere this week. Emails to Cristianos agents have gone unanswered - I do wonder how any Tenerife agents manage to earn money.

nat/cipri
04-07-2011, 17:05
i dont know if this is any help, but i think you would be best renting privatly, estate agents take a percentage every month, i live in los cris and we rent 500 pm, the best advise i can give you is to take a walk around los cris and get numbers off "se aquilia" signs and give them a ring, it will work out alot cheaper for you than going through a agent! hope this helps x

wahay
04-07-2011, 17:11
hi there i use arona rentals which is on the top road in los cristianos opposite el kilo shop very helpful and friendly speak good english i got a 2 bed for 600 a mth in a very good complex will pm you there phone number if you want it i did however have to put one mths deposit down and one mths rent which is normality over ere anyhow in advanced and only charged me a little bit i think it was 40 euros for contract fee

robntoni
04-07-2011, 17:15
Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, we'd be happy to rent direct - we'll use an agent if we have to but they're not exactly impressing us at the moment.

Could you explain a little more about these 'signs' you mentioned? We were in los cris for hours yesterday and didn't spot anything.

Added after 5 minutes:

Thanks, wahay - please do send that number by PM. We are back in los cris tomorrow so can take a look. I don't think a month's deposit is unreasonable - it's the mknimum usually required in the UK.

nat/cipri
04-07-2011, 18:06
hi robntoni, if you come into the top part of los cris ie the heights, castle harbour and dinistia, pop into receptions they should have notice boards up with private numbers of owners who rent its so much easier that agents, and the signs are usually bright orange on balconys of apartments, thats how we found ours, and yes alot of owners do expect a month deposit and 1 months first rent. i hope you find somewhere los cristianos is a beautiful place to live x
Natalie x

robntoni
04-07-2011, 18:30
Thanks very much, Natalie. That info is really useful. I assume the 'heights' is a bit away from the beach?

YOUNG GOLFER
04-07-2011, 19:11
robntoni have just been into my office and they seem to be a very nice couple and look ideal tenants.

Just thought i would bump up this thread and maybe help in their search. Sadly i have nothing in that area.

nat/cipri
05-07-2011, 13:28
its about a 10 min walk to the beach! but the views are amazing x

wahay
05-07-2011, 14:47
try this link aswell i had it in my favorites on computer just noticed it :whistle:
http://www.canarygetaway.com/long-term-rentals-c34.html

robntoni
09-07-2011, 03:46
I have a quick update on this. I've just returned from Tenerife to the UK after a week of viewings. We didn't get to see enough places but we saw lots of bars and clubs. The places we did see were not quite right for different reasons but the good news is that we can now definitely be ready to move in during August. Budget is up to 800 euros a month and we are able and ready to put down a month's deposit/first month's rent.

robntoni
14-07-2011, 03:47
I'm still hoping someone here comes in with a nice apt in Los Cris. We're flying over on the 16th August so we can move in any time after that.