PDA

View Full Version : System Failings in Animal Welfare Protocol.

SuzyQ
04-07-2011, 02:08
OK, we are told the "correct and legal procedure" when finding an abandoned dog, so get this.

Man finds this puppy under a car in El Medano this morning. He calls 112. They pass his call through to Proteccion Civil. Going well so far. Ah, glitch. Protecion Civil dont answer, presumably as its Sunday. Man calls 112 again. Operator recommends man calls Live Arico as they are the only people who can help.
Said dog now in Live Arico.
Whats wrong with this picture? We are bursting at the seams, dogs are left at the refuge gates on a daily basis, sometimes injured and sick dogs who need vet care, at whose expense? Live Aricos. We owe Hospivet €7500, and bear in mind they work at absolute cost for us. Mainly other peoples vets bills who cant / wont pay themselves. And now we have the 112 people directing more dogs our way. You couldnt make it up. Why do I feel like doing this :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: a million times over.
AAAAAAARRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant over.

astara
04-07-2011, 11:31
SYSTEM FAILINGS - is right, does this system ever work?????????????
I for one have attempted to follow this protocol a dozen times minimum, when people come to us with abandonded dogs, they arrive at the charity shop like pieces of left luggage, because folks have rang the system & got absolutely nowhere. What am i going to say - take them away, let them loose on the streets!!!! No of course not........ We are trying to run a charity shop to make funds for our existing dogs, & often end up up spending our days caring for the dumpees left with us... one day i had three tied up outside, all of whom had been brought in by folks who had rang the correct numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the arona police & so called dog catcher !
A good example is- port royale fiasco !!!! Many many people of all nationalities, including canarian, rang the correct number & the arona police, over a period of nearly 3 months & nothing was ever done. That pack is still roaming the streets of los cris, certainly breeding & adding to their numbers. In fact several tourists have reported seeing the pack , roaming a wider, more central area in their search for food...
As stated our vets bills are astonomical, because we would not leave an animal to suffer, our volunteers work flat out,each one doing a multitude of tasks, including Eugenio who lives with the animals 24/7.
. Last weeks we ( live arico) were struggling for dogfood & had to put an sos out there, to feed the 380& doggies we already have... The reason people bring us the dogs is simple :- THE PUBLIC DO NOT GET A RESPONSE FROM THE OFFICIAL PROTOCOL....
Another rant i,m afraid, but i feel its important being on the front line to report things as they are, only that way may we get some change !!!!!!

Tia
04-07-2011, 11:42
SYSTEM FAILINGS - is right, does this system ever work?????????????
I for one have attempted to follow this protocol a dozen times minimum, when people come to us with abandonded dogs, they arrive at the charity shop like pieces of left luggage, because folks have rang the system & got absolutely nowhere. What am i going to say - take them away, let them loose on the streets!!!! No of course not........ We are trying to run a charity shop to make funds for our existing dogs, & often end up up spending our days caring for the dumpees left with us... one day i had three tied up outside, all of whom had been brought in by folks who had rang the correct numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the arona police & so called dog catcher !
A good example is- port royale fiasco !!!! Many many people of all nationalities, including canarian, rang the correct number & the arona police, over a period of nearly 3 months & nothing was ever done. That pack is still roaming the streets of los cris, certainly breeding & adding to their numbers. In fact several tourists have reported seeing the pack , roaming a wider, more central area in their search for food...
As stated our vets bills are astonomical, because we would not leave an animal to suffer, our volunteers work flat out,each one doing a multitude of tasks, including Eugenio who lives with the animals 24/7.
. Last weeks we ( live arico) were struggling for dogfood & had to put an sos out there, to feed the 380& doggies we already have... The reason people bring us the dogs is simple :- THE PUBLIC DO NOT GET A RESPONSE FROM THE OFFICIAL PROTOCOL....
Another rant i,m afraid, but i feel its important being on the front line to report things as they are, only that way may we get some change !!!!!!
Always so ready to attack, why not mention the hundreds of dogs that do come in by the legal system !!!! the alternative is put them in an over full , crowded, refuge with by there own admission no money to feed the 380 dogs never mind deflea, worm or treat for heartworm !!! and thats kind to the dogs is it !!! Why dont you stop attacking yet again and just concentrate on your own problems. The answer is not just collecting them of the streets, Marion has spent years trying to make the government responsible for the strays on the street and having proper legal systems in place , no its not perfect but your way is not right either, at least at Accion Del Sol the dogs get FULL medical care and fed properly, wormed, deflead and rehommed, its interesting the fact that she rehomes so many dogs but your numbers just keep rising, maybe some emphasis and energy would be better spent on rehoming not constant attacks on ADS. You just seem to want to attack and critise all the time, we are here for the animals not to fight, it doesnt help the animals does it !!!!!!!!!!!

SuzyQ
04-07-2011, 12:10
We were actually criticising the system and Proteccion Civil for not answering the phone on a Sunday. No one mentioned ADS. I am in friendly dialogue with Marion as it goes. You protesteth too much.

Tia
04-07-2011, 12:42
We were actually criticising the system and Proteccion Civil for not answering the phone on a Sunday. No one mentioned ADS. I am in friendly dialogue with Marion as it goes. You protesteth too much.
Like i said before why not praise the legal system for once for the hundreds of dogs they do take to ADS, and so you should be in " friendly dialogue " with Marion maybe you should speak with her more often over your concerns as i know for a fact she would only be too pleased to help you out with certain issues !!

Susief
04-07-2011, 13:18
Maybe all the animal organisations should work together for the good of the animals welfares instead of airing grievances on here!

SuzyQ
04-07-2011, 14:40
Not airing grievances Susie, pointing out failings which result in our unfunded refuge being over crowded. Surely anyone can see thats not right. Im not saying its AdSīs fault that the phone wasnt answered, but the bottom line is that dog should have gone there yesterday, but the 112 operator directed it to us. AdS would have got paid for receiving that dog, we wont. This is why we have too many dogs and not enough money to go round. We do rehome many, I personally rehomed 4 last week, and thats just me, Im not even on site. But Wednesday afternoon a Mum and 4 pups were trying to cross the road by the BP garage near the refuge, so obviously we picked them up and took them in. How could we NOT do so? So my 4 out replaced by 5 in. Its impossible, never ending........

Tia
04-07-2011, 14:47
Not airing grievances Susie, pointing out failings which result in our unfunded refuge being over crowded. Surely anyone can see thats not right. Im not saying its AdSīs fault that the phone wasnt answered, but the bottom line is that dog should have gone there yesterday, but the 112 operator directed it to us. AdS would have got paid for receiving that dog, we wont. This is why we have too many dogs and not enough money to go round. We do rehome many, I personally rehomed 4 last week, and thats just me, Im not even on site. But Wednesday afternoon a Mum and 4 pups were trying to cross the road by the BP garage near the refuge, so obviously we picked them up and took them in. How could we NOT do so? So my 4 out replaced by 5 in. Its impossible, never ending........
Maybe if you stopped taking the dogs in then the authorities would do more to solve the escalating problems in Tenerife, its not the answer to keep collecting them, we need to keep pushing the authorities to do more , your just there scapegoat. We are not god we cant save every animal. The authorities are happy for you to keep taking them as it solves there problems for them but makes your problem bigger and the dogs still suffer in the end by not having enough food, cramped conditions, fleas etc etc . Think about the bigger picture !!!!

SuzyQ
04-07-2011, 15:54
Ah, so we should have left the mum and 4 pups to be run over then? Great plan.
The dogs never go without food - in fact, the vet who did all the sterilisations earlier this year at Valle Colino commented that he had never seen such fat dogs from a refuge. Theyre certainly not crowded either, the finca is huge, and they run around at will. What we dont have is massive funding to keep it shiny, new and fresh. We just do the best we can with what we have.

Tia
04-07-2011, 16:03
Ah, so we should have left the mum and 4 pups to be run over then? Great plan.
The dogs never go without food - in fact, the vet who did all the sterilisations earlier this year at Valle Colino commented that he had never seen such fat dogs from a refuge. Theyre certainly not crowded either, the finca is huge, and they run around at will. What we dont have is massive funding to keep it shiny, new and fresh. We just do the best we can with what we have.

380 dogs running around surely they must fight and breed making the situation worse !!! and the correct proceedures should be followed not LA keep collecting more and more dogs , im not arguing anymore with you. ADS gives 100 percent care to ALL the dogs taken there and it is primarily funded by Aktiontier not by the Tenerife Government.

uptowngirl
04-07-2011, 16:20
Why are you constantly slagging LA off when you were the one who used to have the refuge on your own premises????? And a mighty fine job was done by you all then too..................................

You never seemed to have a problem with a large amount of dogs being together then.:confused::ashamed:

It seems that there is a more personal matter to this rather than it just being 2 individuals from 2 separate animal charities!!!

So with your reference to ADS gives 100% care, which I don't for one minute doubt that you do, are you implying that LA don't? So suddenly, a Charity (LA) that you were MASSIVELY involved in for a long period of time, has now decided not to treat their animals in the correct manner???

Karen, it really is a shame that all this bickering goes on.................... it really is. I don't know the ins and outs but I hope to god you don't end up having a personal problem with the current charity you are supporting otherwise you will then be slagging ADS off to the high hills too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am personally happy to support ALL the charities, Cats Aid, LA, ADS, K9 etc etc, because as far as I am concerned they are all doing a great job, and that is saving these poor animals

Remember, a lone animal cannot go to someones door and beg for a drink or some food, a human can.

I am now expecting a massive backlash, but the reason I have commented is because I cannot stand to see all this slating going on, it is unnecessary!!! You just jumped on the bandwagon in the OP, there was no mention of ADS in there!!

Imagine how this looks to the readers...................... the readers whose support you need for funding!!

Susief
04-07-2011, 16:41
Why are you constantly slagging LA off when you were the one who used to have the refuge on your own premises????? And a mighty fine job was done by you all then too..................................

You never seemed to have a problem with a large amount of dogs being together then.:confused::ashamed:

It seems that there is a more personal matter to this rather than it just being 2 individuals from 2 separate animal charities!!!

So with your reference to ADS gives 100% care, which I don't for one minute doubt that you do, are you implying that LA don't? So suddenly, a Charity (LA) that you were MASSIVELY involved in for a long period of time, has now decided not to treat their animals in the correct manner???

Karen, it really is a shame that all this bickering goes on.................... it really is. I don't know the ins and outs but I hope to god you don't end up having a personal problem with the current charity you are supporting otherwise you will then be slagging ADS off to the high hills too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am personally happy to support ALL the charities, Cats Aid, LA, ADS, K9 etc etc, because as far as I am concerned they are all doing a great job, and that is saving these poor animals

Remember, a lone animal cannot go to someones door and beg for a drink or some food, a human can.

I am now expecting a massive backlash, but the reason I have commented is because I cannot stand to see all this slating going on, it is unnecessary!!! You just jumped on the bandwagon in the OP, there was no mention of ADS in there!!

Imagine how this looks to the readers...................... the readers whose support you need for funding!!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Surely LA and AT can work together?

Tia
04-07-2011, 16:46

Eugenio came to the ranch with 25 dogs for 2 months that was what we agreed , it then escalated , why do you think i eventually left there as yes i did have a big problem with it. !!! Im happy to leave LA alone IF they stop attacking me and ADS, who starts all these threads, NOT ME. Im sick to death of LA and the way they behave , why dont they start doing things legally and properly then they would get the proper legal funding, why keep collecting poor innocent dogs and forcing them to live in those conditions. It took me a while to really see what was going on, once i took my " Rose tinted glassess off " maybe you should do the same. They always want to attack me , why because i help ADS, if i vanished of the island or stopped helping the dogs then youd all be happy. Well tough im actually going to do more for ADS , to help more and more dogs but in a proper way working within the laws , trying to improve animal welfare . Collecting dogs and by- passing the legal system makes it worse for the dogs not better , think about it. Apanot and Valle Colino work well now with ADS not fighting and attacking all the time. I feel its just jealousy on LA part, they have so many opurtunities and so much help , ADS is relatively unknown here in the south but luckily more and more English people are starting to help ADS which means more and more dogs being rehomed. For the record since January the 1st 230 dogs have been brought into ADS by 112 calls and 196 dogs have been rehomed so yes the systems not perfect but its working.
So lets agree LA stop all the nasty snide comments and im more than happy to leave you all alone. Its not very often i do retaliate but enoughs enough, im fed up with it all , please just concentrate on LA .

uptowngirl
04-07-2011, 17:50
Eugenio came to the ranch with 25 dogs for 2 months that was what we agreed , it then escalated , why do you think i eventually left there as yes i did have a big problem with it. !!! Im happy to leave LA alone IF they stop attacking me and ADS, who starts all these threads, NOT ME. Im sick to death of LA and the way they behave , why dont they start doing things legally and properly then they would get the proper legal funding, why keep collecting poor innocent dogs and forcing them to live in those conditions. It took me a while to really see what was going on, once i took my " Rose tinted glassess off " maybe you should do the same. They always want to attack me , why because i help ADS, if i vanished of the island or stopped helping the dogs then youd all be happy. Well tough im actually going to do more for ADS , to help more and more dogs but in a proper way working within the laws , trying to improve animal welfare . Collecting dogs and by- passing the legal system makes it worse for the dogs not better , think about it. Apanot and Valle Colino work well now with ADS not fighting and attacking all the time. I feel its just jealousy on LA part, they have so many opurtunities and so much help , ADS is relatively unknown here in the south but luckily more and more English people are starting to help ADS which means more and more dogs being rehomed. For the record since January the 1st 230 dogs have been brought into ADS by 112 calls and 196 dogs have been rehomed so yes the systems not perfect but its working.
So lets agree LA stop all the nasty snide comments and im more than happy to leave you all alone. Its not very often i do retaliate but enoughs enough, im fed up with it all , please just concentrate on LA .

But 'where' did LA make reference to ADS in the original post???????? It makes a reference to the authorities.....................being unable to collect animals on Sundays..................... and the fact the authorities redirected animals to LA................. still no mention of ADS though?????:confused::confused::confused:

I still think there is more to this than meets the eye:ashamed::ashamed::ashamed::ashamed: either that or there is a serious case of paranoia dwelling.............

Susief
04-07-2011, 18:07
OK, we are told the "correct and legal procedure" when finding an abandoned dog, so get this.

Man finds this puppy under a car in El Medano this morning. He calls 112. They pass his call through to Proteccion Civil. Going well so far. Ah, glitch. Protecion Civil dont answer, presumably as its Sunday. Man calls 112 again. Operator recommends man calls Live Arico as they are the only people who can help.
Said dog now in Live Arico.
Whats wrong with this picture? We are bursting at the seams, dogs are left at the refuge gates on a daily basis, sometimes injured and sick dogs who need vet care, at whose expense? Live Aricos. We owe Hospivet €7500, and bear in mind they work at absolute cost for us. Mainly other peoples vets bills who cant / wont pay themselves. And now we have the 112 people directing more dogs our way. You couldnt make it up. Why do I feel like doing this :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: a million times over.
AAAAAAARRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant over.

I don't see any mention of Akon on this post?
Tia I really think you are out of order. If you got a chip on your shoulder re LA then go air it somewhere else!

caroletenerife
04-07-2011, 18:14
I find this very odd, i have read and reread the post for an ATTACK on ADS, and have not found one. It was purely a frustrated post by SuzyQ at the authorities.
Regarding the increased numbers in the 'non official shelters', when the new agreement between ADS and the 'authorities was signed, it was presumed that the numbers coming into other refuges would decrease...this however has not happened, it has increased... this is the real issue. WHY?, when there is a 'proper and legal' way to deal with the issue. I am not saying ADS is in a position to accept ALL stray dogs, if they were ADS would have the 380 plus and not Live Arico You say 'Maybe if you stopped taking the dogs in then the authorities would do more to solve the escalating problems in Tenerife, its not the answer to keep collecting them' Its ridiculous to expect an organisation in the business of animal welfare to turn its back on dogs that are tied up to its gates every morning, whats the solution , untie them and tell them to go away.

ADS itself announced in the 'Tenerife Weekly' dated 1st July, about a collapsed dog, and I qoute ' It is not Accion Del Sols policy to take dogs except by the 'proper and legal system' but Marion, the director of the refuge felt she had to help this dog. She went immediatley to Las Chafiras' end quote. So ADS's director herself does not always follow procedure, which i think is a good thing and credit to her for doing it. That type of situation sums up life in Live Arico every day, if they get a call for help, they do their utmost to provide it. I am well aware there are too many dogs and not enough money, the dogs are sheltered, fed and watered and given medical care, if only they had the luxury of being able to afford to deflea every dog I would be horrified if they do as Tia suggests and leave animals on the streets and hills to slowly starve to death, so they could make a political point to the authorities.
I am grateful i found an animal charity in Tenerife that i could support that has the philosophy of caring for animals at point of need, however difficult it is to raise the funds to do so.

Bob
04-07-2011, 18:20
wow, tia you need to put your claws away and concentrate your energies on working together with L.A. to find a solution that is in the best interests of these wretched animals. Suzy was only trying to bring their plight to the attention of the forum. I know you and Eugenio have your differences but that is no reason to declare a war.
The problem is with the authorities not with L.A.
As for help with funding for L.A. i would be more than happy to donate €5 a month standing order to Live Arico and if we can find more people like myself maybe we can make a real difference.
Interested parties please feel free to say so on this thread.

Tia
04-07-2011, 18:40
Whatever, you are obviously all LA fans so fine and you all think its exceptable as animal lovers to keep dogs in those conditions etc !!!! Theres an awful lot more that you all know nothing about, maybe some of you should open your eyes, for me its the end of conversation !!!!

Bob
04-07-2011, 18:42
not at all, we are animal lovers like yourself

sgd
04-07-2011, 18:45
I can not believe the attack from Tia on this thread - where on earth did that come from!?!

For goodness sake STOP all the attacks once and for all - it does no one any good.

I wonder do you see RSPCA and Dogs Trust fighting like this in the UK?

sgd

peter perfect
04-07-2011, 18:55
Hi i recently adopted a dog from Live Arico after getting no sense from ADS tried several times by phone and also tried to make appointment to view some dogs but nothing happened, they did not seem interested at all.
Hence went to L.A and was made very welcome and got a little beautiful puppy.
Peter

livearico
04-07-2011, 18:58
The city hall are responsable for all the animals, cats and other included, abandoned or (make a point) left from the owner. So that is, who is working for the authority have to take all the animals abandoned or left for the owner, not forcing (the owner) to abandon his pet on the street, where can be killed and sure is a trauma, to be then collect for a oficial kennels.....24 hour a day 7 day a week.
Eugenio da mommio

Tia
04-07-2011, 19:03
I can not believe the attack from Tia on this thread - where on earth did that come from!?!

For goodness sake STOP all the attacks once and for all - it does no one any good.

sgd
5 years i helped LA and well over 100,000e i raised for them, until he kicked me out for knowing to much , and for the last 2 years they have treated me disgustingly and all sorts of nasty vicious accusations ive had to put up with, , i just want to be left alone to help ADS in a good and proper way. If any of you want any proof of all the crap ive suffered because of them then id happily show it to you all and all the bank receipts and accounts etc from my fundraising time. Ive had enough now, you all seem happy to attack me now but you havent a clue what id had to endure and you wonder why im angry !!!

mominnie
04-07-2011, 19:08
First of all..there have been NO attacks by LA on ADS. The post was quite clearly and obviously a statement against the AUTHORITIES. As many recently have been, either seriously or tongue in cheek. Sadly none of this will ever be read by said authorities but at least it makes the public aware, again, sadly the opportunity to make a difference has passed with virtually the same officials being returned to office, so nothing will change. The fact is that yes, Tia, I agree they do use us...they save a lot of money by doing so, ADS get paid, we donīt. A good case is San Miguel...24,000 euros a year was budgeted for their dog problem...they can no longer afford to pay this out hence why you no longer have the contract. We have had many many dogs from this municipality and Yes, they blooming know that, so itīs a simple case of economics, why are they paying out 24,000 when we can do it for free..and the good old British public pay instead....RESULT for the authorities.
I for one do not wish to get into yet another public slanging match....too many times now...in fact we are quite happy to work with ADS just as we do with K9/ Madat and all the other refuges in the WHOLE Island. Your statement Tia is quite unecessary and sadly goes over all the same old ground. We are legal and are working with Granadilla towards all required, every cent is accounted for and we DO rehome dogs, every single week, mainly here and a few to Germany each month, we just donīt shout about it from the rooftops. We have a massive Spanish support group in place and these people account for many adoptions and may I add all adopters are responsibly taking their dogs to the vets for all the jabs etc... if they donīt it is followed up by a member of the team. If the dog isnīt done within the week, they are made to go ! The fact that we canīt afford to give all injections to every dog is sad, we want to but the fact is that there are thousands of dogs owned by all nationalities that never get their jabs due probably to lack of money !!! All the other refuges that also donīt receive any authority funding are struggling the same as us.Our dogs are happy because they have room to run around, you must have missed the reports that we neutered 197 dogs earlier this year and all new intakes are being done thru Valle Colino and the vets, they DO get fed every day in fact it is the first priority. Times are hard and the crisis still bites and sometimes there is a shortage of money. Being so involved with ADS you also know the high costs in just the basic requirements....ADS have a massive German support network established a long time ago and are very blessed to count on that for the finances and rehoming. There are many British people who support ALL the animal charities and indeed Spanish too, many of the volunteers who come to help at the refuge have in the past volunteered at ADS so it is not about "we like you better then them " MOST people are supporters of the animals NOT the people involved. Yet, there are those who see how hard people work for said animals and support for this reason. We could have kept quiet ( we try not to moan !) that we were struggling for food one day last week ( this by the way was because the shops are quiet at this time of year and we had just paid our rent of 1500 euros and water bill of 763, also priority costs ) but for why should we....anyway the dogs never go hungry...indeed I have often paid for food as has Sue..because we care about the dogs not money.
I am very sad that here we go again.....the dialogue with Marion is positive and there is no reason that we cannot meet with her in the future, we have NO problem with ADS...if ADS werenīt there then there would be hundreds more dogs roaming the streets. It is the authorities who HAVE to do something about the problem and perhaps on the fact that ADS and LA have the highest numbers of dogs coming in and resident, then I truly believe that between us we can make a difference to that issue. Two are stronger than one. I believe Sue is e mailing Marion tonight to speak on this. I for one am very happy to meet with Marion and discuss all issues, I for sure want to be able to work with her just as we do quite well with all the others...Sue and I have no issues with Marion personally.
There is in actual fact ,an event in planning stages for December, which Sue and I have spent many hours on and it will benefit ALL the charities who will be invited to be a part of it ..... I think this will amply demonstrate that we are willing to put our time and energy into something for ALL of us to benefit from. This we will discuss with Marion once the planning is complete and as the fundraiser/ spokesperson for ADS then you will be invited to be involved. I am sure all the readers of this post and the media reports will then be able to see that we are very willing to work with ADS.
Letīs please work together.

Jimandsi
04-07-2011, 19:18
Oh dear, this behaviour is dreadful and it's like listening to a group of silly little girls in a school playground.

However, one thing is now sure - my next charity donation definitely WON'T be going to support animals on the Island.

Vivy
04-07-2011, 19:29
I'm sorry I have tried to keep out of this because the subject just makes my blood boil!!! But I can no longer hold my tongue.

I said from the very beginning this system will not work in Tenerife. The authorities do not care about the stray animals They are not going to make sure the best is done for the welfare of the animals. Their only concern is to pretty everything up for the tourists.

Tia Accion del Sol as a refuge is not being critiscised. Nobody disputes the fact that the refuge is spotless, the animals physically healthy or that you home lot's of animals. But the situation is too big for just one refuge to cope. People are just trying to point out that the system for collecting of stray animals doesn't work, and that trying to enforce it, is just causing big problems to the poor animals left on the street and the other refuges, that unlike Accion del Sol are not sponsered by the government. They are left taking in the overspill, with no money to pay for them, so yes this system has made things much worse for the poor dogs in Live Arico. This system is causing the majority of animals hardship and so needs discussion and change.

Accion del Sol will not take in any animal bought to them by the general public and will not rescue any animal bought to their attention unless it has gone through these official channels which of course then means Accion del Sol gets paid for taking in the animal. It's all very easy to run the perfect refuge in that way especially when you get paid for every dog that's in there! All very good for the dogs that manage to make it through the system, no ones knocking that. And I for one am grateful that there is a refuge of such good quality. That for some dogs life can be good.

But as I said from the very beginning the problem is too big for just one refuge to cope with all the stray and needy animals. All that the system as it stands is achieving, is stopping the other refuges from getting any official funds, so making it harder for them to cope, so making life more miserable for all the hundreds of dogs that don't win the lottery and end up in Accion del Sol!!!!

For christ's sake Karen you are the one that is constantly harping on about overcrowding, lack of funds etc. etc. and criticising. You are the one that makes this personal and that is what makes me so mad. If you were to succeed in your greatest wish of shutting Live Arico down, what then?

They take in all the animals you refuse to accept. What will happen to all the hundreds of animals let down by the system? Do you just leave them to starve, because they weren't lucky enough to negotiate their way through the red tape? Because Accion del Sol won't take them if they're not getting paid? Or if Live Arico closes down will you then start taking in all the unlucky ones that arrive at your door without funds? I don't think so! So I ask again what will happen to the overspill?

Iīm one of the first to say Live Arico isn't perfect, it is overcrowded and they are struggling to feed the animals etc. but they're trying, and without them many hundreds of animals would have starved and died agonising deaths. MUCH AS YOU HATE THE FACT, LIVE ARICO IS NEEDED, ACCION DEL SOL NEEDS THEM! They take in your overspill, all the hundreds of dogs that have nowhere else to go. Do you think you would still have the authorities buying into this flawed system if the tourist areas became populated with stray animals again? That's what would happen if Live Arico weren't there, the flaws in the system would show up even more, they'd show up to all the authorities that are paying you at the moment. No the authorities would say the system isn't working, it would be too expensive to make it work properly and they'd find a cheaper alternative, which from past experience I can tell you will be a horrendous step backwards. At the moment Live Arico is your safety valve. Because they are there, all the animals are being taken off the streets.

So don't knock them because they're not doing a perfect job. They do the best they can, they do it out of love for the animals. The dogs may not be the cleanest , best fed etc. but they are happy and they are loved. Live Arico have to rely solely on the public's help. Trying to care for all those animals relying solely on donations and volunteers is hard work but every day they struggle on. And what a bloody good job they do under the circumstances.

So please stop just defending Accion del Sol by criticising others and try and work with everybody else to sort out a way that all the refuges can work together for the benefit of the animals. Not by running a system that helps only one refuge to help only a small percentage of the abandoned animals. We need to find a way to help all of them.

mominnie
04-07-2011, 19:38
5 years i helped LA and well over 100,000e i raised for them, until he kicked me out for knowing to much , and for the last 2 years they have treated me disgustingly and all sorts of nasty vicious accusations ive had to put up with, , i just want to be left alone to help ADS in a good and proper way. If any of you want any proof of all the crap ive suffered because of them then id happily show it to you all and all the bank receipts and accounts etc from my fundraising time. Ive had enough now, you all seem happy to attack me now but you havent a clue what id had to endure and you wonder why im angry !!!

Just read this whilst replying....Tia, there are many others who have fundraised over 14 years and continue to do so. I also as Treasurer have all the bank accounts covering your involvement with L A which show when you banked in fundraising monies and shop takings. The amount from November 2009 to November 2010 in shop income tallies just about to the amount you declared for the shop at the December 2010 committee meeting and subsequently reported in the L A news in Canarian Weekly. You only have the shop accounts and the bank all tallies to your declared amount. All other accounts were with Dominique who was the Treasurer at the time. May I just point out ( before we try to move on and work as one !)that the upset that began last year also had Dominique and Regina Queder in the mix and yet both of these still work with us and attend our benefits so as they believed at that time that there was issues it seems quite clear that they now know it to be not the case...
We report immediately on how much every benefit raises, at the benefit itself and then immediately on the Facebook Page followed by news reports.
Figures are reported regarding BOXES, shop incomes and donations on a half yearly basis, indeed half year to June is being done as we speak.
It cannot possibly be said that "anyone" has diverted funds...when if that was the case ,would they be living 14 years on still with the dogs 24/7 in conditions more suited to a yearly camping trip....I know as much as I love the dogs that I could not live like that. Move forward PLEASE !:pray:

MRSBEN
04-07-2011, 19:52
ADS get PAID while other refuges struggle to feed and shelter the dogs ,relying on good people that fundraise tirelesssly to make ends meet and keep animals off the streets . NOW THERES AN EYEOPENER !

uptowngirl
04-07-2011, 19:52
I am personally not a 'fan' of one particular charity. I love animals and I appreciate all the work that goes in to them via you wonderful people.

I am more than happy to assist with fundraising for any charity when i am available................... ask K9, I remember my first night off in 3 and a half weeks, I went to sing for a K9 charity event, even though I was totallyknackered.com ............................
Cats Aid, driving volunteers around collecting prize donations with a small baby in the car at the same time,
LA, numerous occasions........................., probably more so than the others as I have known Sue a long time and she is a personal friend and always asks me cos she knows I am a sucker when it comes to animal welfare.................

If you ever have an event and need my help, please call on me........................ I am not against any of the charities................ its all about the animals............... END OF!!!

an you certainly aren't doing Aktion any favours by carrying on in this manner

MaxineC
04-07-2011, 20:08
Always so ready to attack, why not mention the hundreds of dogs that do come in by the legal system !!!! the alternative is put them in an over full , crowded, refuge with by there own admission no money to feed the 380 dogs never mind deflea, worm or treat for heartworm !!! and thats kind to the dogs is it !!! Why dont you stop attacking yet again and just concentrate on your own problems. The answer is not just collecting them of the streets, Marion has spent years trying to make the government responsible for the strays on the street and having proper legal systems in place , no its not perfect but your way is not right either, at least at Accion Del Sol the dogs get FULL medical care and fed properly, wormed, deflead and rehommed, its interesting the fact that she rehomes so many dogs but your numbers just keep rising, maybe some emphasis and energy would be better spent on rehoming not constant attacks on ADS. You just seem to want to attack and critise all the time, we are here for the animals not to fight, it doesnt help the animals does it !!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever, you are obviously all LA fans so fine and you all think its exceptable as animal lovers to keep dogs in those conditions etc !!!! Theres an awful lot more that you all know nothing about, maybe some of you should open your eyes, for me its the end of conversation !!!!

I think you're suffering from a very bad case of paranoia, Tia... AdS was not mentioned, nor were you or anybody else involved with them, 'attacking' you... However, you're doing a fine job of slating LA, to the extent of it being libellous. Can you back up your awful claims.... Actually, don't bother answering that, your posts do it for you! You appear to have a VERY large axe to grind...

There's only one person on this thread being nasty, and that is you Tia, as you seem to do on every thread that involves LA! Concentrate on helping the animals, your 'people skills' are none existent! :(

YOUNG GOLFER
04-07-2011, 20:12
Oh dear, this behaviour is dreadful and it's like listening to a group of silly little girls in a school playground.

However, one thing is now sure - my next charity donation definitely WON'T be going to support animals on the Island.

Seems a shame the only post you make these days are rude and out of order.....

mominnie
04-07-2011, 20:13
Sorry..just to be clear, the years are incorrect...2008 - 2009, meeting of December 2009.

YOUNG GOLFER
04-07-2011, 20:15
Why not get together ALL dogs from ALL these refuges and march them up to the authorities force them to take more action.

It's NOT just your problem..... they should really do a lot more to help.

mominnie
04-07-2011, 20:19

I quite understand. There are many wonderful other charities for people. However, this is people / girls / boys here....it does NOT alter the fact that the animals need the funds. Most of the posts are actually quite informative after the first thread which was intended to inform the public of the very dire situation with the authorities and animal welfare. Each to their own charity intentions. I donīt know you as being a supporter of the animal charities but I respect your post.

Added after 10 minutes:

sgd

No....the Animal charities in the UK do not fight like this. Even though they have different ethos. I.E...Dogs Trust do not put any dogs to sleep unless absolutely necessary ( LA has the same ideology ) , the RSPCA do.... and yet they all get along ! However their funding is stupendous...The last accounts showing on D Tīs website show 24.1 million in donations, RSPCA 70 odd million...when you have all the funding you need and can cover everything and still have money leftover then I guess it makes you not really worry about anything else....oh to be in that position ! Never going to happen on such a small Island to reach those figures but pro rata we are way behind....

Added after 9 minutes:

Why not get together ALL dogs from ALL these refuges and march them up to the authorities force them to take more action.

Oh that would be a picture to see....around 3000 dogs marching !!! LOL ! Wish we could...we are living in a democracy..protests allowed...ok Iīll take 50...who else ??? itīll give the dogs a walk hee hee. But seriously, yes they should do more but it wonīt happen...there was a party in the elections that promised more for animal welfare...didnīt even get a seat...those in power have basically remained...why ??? Arona has the largest census population however the actual core who live here is a very small proportion, most registered properties are second homes ( LOL) across the board of nationalities so there is actually only a very small voting population..hence why the same get in year after year. The apathy that reigns here affected these elections, if you donīt vote, then nothing is going to change....and sadly many of us are guilty of complaining but donīt bother to vote. So, donīt expect to see ANY change for the better in animal welfare...in fact prepare for worse, example being San Miguel. No money to pay for a service...letīs leave it up to the public !!

Vivy
04-07-2011, 21:08

Young Golfer if only it were that easy. What most people don't realise is that the authorities on the whole don't care about the animals. All they care about is that the problem is not seen. That the stray animals are off the street, they want it all swept under the carpet. They just don't care what happens to the animals to achieve this.

The present agreement seemed to them a relatively inexpensive answer to the problem. If they are asked to cough up more money, then they will look for cheaper solutions and no doubt go back to the old ways of throwing the dogs into a small compound, keeping them for the obligatory 15 days then killing them. Dogs were kept like this before in the municipal shelters and it was horrendous. The dogs were starving, sick and dying. Any that had some strength were fighting and breeding, most died in agony.

EU funds were misapropriated and given to people to run shelters but it was just a money making system. Fat men with even fatter cigars, laughing all the way to the bank, while dogs starved, even what water they had was green. Disease and illness was rife in these places. I saw one once and never wish to see such a dreadful place of suffering again. Some Germans even managed to get in and secretly film one which was then broadcast on German TV.

My greatest fear is that we will go backwards and these places will start opening up again. Please don't let that happen

Jimandsi
04-07-2011, 22:12
Each to their own charity intentions. I donīt know you as being a supporter of the animal charities but I respect your post.

Thank you.

Yes, I fully support animal charities both in Tenerife and the UK. I just don't come on here bragging about it like some members do.

slodgedad
04-07-2011, 22:25
I have been a moderator on this and the old .com for a while and it never ceases to amaze me how various Animal Welfare organisations continually bicker.

Surely the whole point is the welfare of the animals and not the politics?

Don't you all think that members are getting tired of the arguments which are distracting those that wish to help?

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my mod status)

Please don't PM. My opinion is as stated

livearico
04-07-2011, 22:43
we move to amarilla golf september 2006, the relationship with........ was broken in march (more or less) 2010, so less then 3 years, you are help us. was really good we was in desesperate situation, i can nevar find a word to say you TIA thank to give home to dogs in the rancho and to help to get money for food..... Thanks. But i can tell even you try to put all the live arico membar agaist me, well they are all back on bord except few one........time always show the truth

tracey
04-07-2011, 22:50
Wow!! does anyone else think this is slightly silly.
We all seem to be agreed that animal welfare is important, so why argue??

PS any of the groups need help? I dont have much time but will do what I can

with cheese
04-07-2011, 23:12
May I suggest TIA you do your own thing and keep your lip tight, you are doing no good to yourself, La or ny other dog rescue/ animal rescue in Tenerife. If you have dirty knickers, hang them on your own washing line. Hope I win the Euro tomorrow, I would buy all of you out and pay certain people to run a proper sanctuary. Have a look at Raystead in East Sussex.

caroletenerife
04-07-2011, 23:13
Wow!! does anyone else think this is slightly silly.
We all seem to be agreed that animal welfare is important, so why argue??

PS any of the groups need help? I dont have much time but will do what I can

Live Arico needs ALL the help it can get, in any shape or form and would be greatly appreciated. PM suzyQ, thank you

MICH
04-07-2011, 23:15
Hi Vivy,

Just taking this part from you post....Young Golfer if only it were that easy. What most people don't realise is that the authorities on the whole don't care about the animals. All they care about is that the problem is not seen. That the stray animals are off the street, they want it all swept under the carpet. They just don't care what happens to the animals to achieve this.

You say most people don't realise... and to be fair you might be right.....but i think if you do a few let's say HUGE sponsord walks with ALL these animals then this might draw a lot of attention...ask the public for support get 1000's of signitures (begging for help)then walk them up to the local town hall ....what you go to lose.

You will have the local newspapers all over this like a rash and i bet the TV stations to.

It's a great chance to get ALL you guys working together fighting the same cause..

I have strong arms i will walk 4:dog::dog::dog::dog:

YOUNG GOLFER
04-07-2011, 23:18
Hi Vivy,

Just taking this part from you post....Young Golfer if only it were that easy. What most people don't realise is that the authorities on the whole don't care about the animals. All they care about is that the problem is not seen. That the stray animals are off the street, they want it all swept under the carpet. They just don't care what happens to the animals to achieve this.

You say most people don't realise... and to be fair you might be right.....but i think if you do a few let's say a HUGE sponsord walks with ALL these animals then this might draw a lot of attenetion...ask the public for support get 1000's of signitures (begging for help)then walk them up to the local town hall ....what you go to lose.

You will have the local newspapers all over this like a rash and i bet the TV stations to.

It's a great chance to get ALL you guys working together fighting the same cause..

SORRY POSTED THAT UNDER WIFES NAME(she won't be pleased lol)

caroletenerife
04-07-2011, 23:24
Hi Vivy,

You say most people don't realise... and to be fair you might be right.....but i think if you do a few let's say a HUGE sponsord walks with ALL these animals then this might draw a lot of attenetion...ask the public for support get 1000's of signitures (begging for help)then walk them up to the local town hall ....what you go to lose.

Now that I would like to see:D, (Hijack thread for 30 seconds), the charity shops would really appreciate donations...big, small we sell anything at all...sorry..back to topic

livearico
04-07-2011, 23:25
The problem in tenerife is just this: there are so many animal center, legal or not, and most of them the only look to be the best. Is like 1000 island, with no bridge, not union............ they the animal looooosssssseeeeeeeeeee

caroletenerife
04-07-2011, 23:28
SORRY POSTED THAT UNDER WIFES NAME(she won't be pleased lol)

you can handle more than 4 dogs, and it will do your diet a world of good if we give you all the big hounds that are not leash trained:D

SuzyQ
05-07-2011, 01:06
Wow! Lots has been said while Ive been at work, and valid points made. Vivyīs post 26 for example, the thanks button just isnt enough. So good to get the opinion of a person who has been here so many years, way more than my 14 years, and seen it all happen. I have written to Marion tonight and await a reply.
For me, its like this. Even without LA, I have a busy life. I sing 5 nights per week and I have a child to look after and a house to run. On top of that I put in around 20 hours, unpaid for LA. Between 1am and 3am, I am usually exploring ways to make money via the internet, or, ways to make money full stop. Its a constant battle. It saps your energy and at times leaves you drained. I absolutely could not put in this level of commitment to something I had doubts about. No way. Our problems are nothing that money couldnt sort out.
To say "theres too many dogs" is easy. We know that. We love to rehome a dog. Eugene and Conni kiss the dogs going out goodbye. Theres always more to replace them. The numbers never go down. We know we are taken for mugs by the Authorities but none of us have the heart to say no. The refuge is a bit chaotic, but someone is always there 24/7 so any fights are broken up quickly. We know that we could ease the situation by putting to sleep our unhomable dogs, but we all believe in the no destroy policy 100% Only when all hope is lost do we say goodbye. I personally held a paw while this happened only 4 days ago. Its heartbreaking enough when the dog is desperately ill, I couldnt in all consciousness do it just to get the numbers down.
I invite any forum member to come and visit, we have nothing to hide, its all a bit haphazard but we get there. I am going to start another thread now to see who is interested and when would be a good time. I am happy to manage a guided tour.
Thats all really. Im not trying to earn points by highlighting what I do, only to say I do it because I believe in it. Thanks to all for your kind words on this thread. Believe it or not, I didnt expect it to pan out like this.

uptowngirl
05-07-2011, 03:05
Hi Vivy,

You say most people don't realise... and to be fair you might be right.....but i think if you do a few let's say HUGE sponsord walks with ALL these animals then this might draw a lot of attention...ask the public for support get 1000's of signitures (begging for help)then walk them up to the local town hall ....what you go to lose.

Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have hundreds of Tenerife people on my FB profile alone...................... we have media contacts.....................

Pre planning could see the eyes opened of the authorities.

Plan it for about 3 or 4 months time.................... actively publicise it where ever we can. Lets march.................. to wherever we need to go to make the powers that be actually sit up and take notice of the situation.

WE CAN DO THIS IF EVERYONE PULLS TOGETHER.......................... All the charities and every animal lover in Tenerife..................... we can all walk at least 2 dogs!!!

Count me in if you want to go ahead................................... where's Maggie Lennard when you need her?? She would be **** hot at organising this!!!!

with cheese
05-07-2011, 07:04
IMO, Animals are not all able to continue in the safe enviroment of captivity. There is a point where animals dangerous to others or sick may have to be released of life.
Animals kept in sanctuary's need safe and sterile large area's to survive.
Most of all they need people who are focussed on "doing their very best for the animals", not their own feelings.
This stupid bickering between all the rescue people is no good to these creatures.
My local rescue people "WADARS", with the famous Billy Elliot as the welfare officer, rescues for all centres and has so much good rapport that every boarding place, farm whatever will let them place foster animals with them.
Why can't you all work out a ONE POLICY, ONE STRATERGY, and stick to it, all become one, stronger better with pooled resources. Bigger and better fund raising campaigns.

Puzzkatz
05-07-2011, 10:07
This is my first post on the Forum and joined specifically because of the posts I have read her.
I personally have the greatest of respect for Live Arico. They never turn an animal away no matter if its fit, injured, old, puppy (or kitten) and that is the way it should be. That is called love for animals. So what they have 300 plus dogs. So what they rescued a mummy and puppies on the TF1 that is the meaning of the word RESCUE.
The dogs are cared for, you can see that from the photos, Suzy, Eugenio, Debbie and all the others work tirelessly to provide shelter and food for their protection and well being and do not turn their backs like so many do with the "Its not my problem" attitude. If we cant help the animals of this world then we should be ashamed of ourselves. I have rescued cats and with 8 of them cannot unfortunately have a dog (so my husband says). We are not well off but I will do everything I can. Basically what I am saying is STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE ANIMAL RESCUES AND GET YOUR HAND IN YOUR WALLET.
All these negative posts are not doing the animals any favours and at the end of the day it is them who will suffer when people read all this crap.
It seems to me that the people who are slagging off LA just want publicity for themselves. Be careful halo's slip very easily.
Sod them all Live Arico you keep going with the wonderful work you do.

Added after 7 minutes:

Please dont let humans behaviour stop you from helping those that cant help themselves and dont have a voice to speak for themselves

astara
05-07-2011, 11:19

Who the hell is fighting?????? certainly not me, i,m reporting true facts....

I re read my post & i certainly did not criticise ads? I justifiably criticised a system that the general public are told to use, calling 112, or 010 which has not got any reponse, as reported to me by holidaymakers, residents etc.

Added after 11 minutes:

Maybe if you stopped taking the dogs in then the authorities would do more to solve the escalating problems in Tenerife, its not the answer to keep collecting them, we need to keep pushing the authorities to do more , your just there scapegoat. We are not god we cant save every animal. The authorities are happy for you to keep taking them as it solves there problems for them but makes your problem bigger and the dogs still suffer in the end by not having enough food, cramped conditions, fleas etc etc . Think about the bigger picture !!!!

With respect Tia, could you turn away a bitch & her 6 month old puppy, brought into the shop in los cris, by two holidaymakers, after they had kept them overnight & tried unsuccsessfully for a 24 hour period to ring the police & dog catcher??? What would you say to them - " oh just let them go " they' ll be allright!!!! that,s not playing god, just being a humane animal lover ..

I totally agree the authorities have to be pushed to accept resonsibility, that is what this thread is all about - raising awareness of the problem!!!!!

livearico
05-07-2011, 13:35
By the way with problem or not to buy food, they are eating every day. most of them are fat, vets declaration. About parasite we do ua best with so many is not so terrible like tia say.
... most of the politics in this land don t wont to apply the animal low, because they think they will lose vote....... can you change this attaking LA....

Added after 18 minutes:

Animal protection law
Article 26 .- 1. Enrollment in the registry has inherent consideration of the association as a partner, in terms of art š. 21.2 of the Act 8 / 1991. Regardless of their statutory obligations, registered associations in the registry may participate in the programs established in the defense of the family pets.

2. By the conclusion of appropriate agreements, the competent authority may transfer to the partner associations and protective functions of an advocacy of pets, such as:

a) Collection of stray or abandoned animals, as well as those delivered by their owners, without prejudice to the powers in this area attributed to the municipalities of Law 8 / 1991.

Vivy
06-07-2011, 09:25
I'm slightly confused here. Running through this thread odd people have critiscised the animal refuges for all the bickering and fighting going on between the refuges. But if you read all the posts this isn't the case.

In actual fact all the people posting are united in their support for Live Arico and the other refuges, their only wish is to help the animals and find a way to get more help from the authorities. Only one person said nasty things and she has been well shouted down from this united front.

Negative critisims from people who just don't want to help or donate are just making it look like everyone is fighting when in reality they are not.

So lets now get back on hand and continue this think tank of finding ways to improve the situation of how the islands abandonded and unwanted animals are dealt with. Together we will find a way.

Young Golfer came up with the idea of a march, might be a good thing, but it would need to be done with all the refuges together not just a protest from one organisation.

Come on guys, any other ideas of how we can improve the situation.

with cheese
06-07-2011, 09:32
I have already suggested that all organisations agree to form a group with a rep from each and they agree policy, then stick to it. As one they can then attack the authorities with
exactly what everyone wants. This may be that all of the different orgs have to change their views and policy slightly. LA will most likely have to change their dangerous dogs policy, etc...........until you have unison, you will always have bickering and authorities will know, they don't have to do anything.

SuzyQ
06-07-2011, 12:42
There is an umbrella over us all with cheese, its called FECACAP, which stands for something like the Canarian Federation of Animal Protection Associations. In fact, they are delivering 50 bags of food to LA today, which is more than welcome I can tell you. I think the ethos of LA is in too great a conflict with that of AdS to come together. We do however work closely with K9, Madat, Cats Aid and many other Associations. Correct me if Im wrong, but in the UK Dogs TRust and RSPCA co-exist with very differing policies. Its just the way it is. :)

Kande
06-07-2011, 12:51
[QUOTE=MICH;52845]Hi Vivy,

I have strong arms i will walk 4:dog::dog::dog::dog:[/QUOTE

Great idea, was thinking along these lines myself. Just need someone to start the ball rolling.

Lets "Walk the Walk"

with cheese
06-07-2011, 13:01
They do indeed Suzy, but they are in agreement over many things. They also do not have any disrespect for each other and both push each others service.

SuzyQ
06-07-2011, 14:20
Point taken, but if you read through this thread, the animosity is coming from one side. I am in dialogue with Marion of AdS and I believe we, as individuals have mutual respect. The criticisms thrown at LA by Tia are borne out of personal differences between herself and the Live Arico leadership. That's what it boils down to. All the refuges here are necessary, in fact, another one or two in the south wouldn't go amiss. On a personal level, I am not in agreement with their policy of not collecting dogs from the street, but that's the way it is, and that's just my opinion. I started this thread out of frustration that LA end up with yet another dog that we would not have if the system was working. I defy anyone not to agree that this is a ludricrous situation??

with cheese
06-07-2011, 15:04
I don't doubt for one minute how hard you work Suzy, I also think Tia needs to grow up a bit and start thinking of damage limitation to the animals.
I am merely saying if the umbrella group was to level out the bickering and push forward democratic policy, you would all have more power to get things done.
You could also do some massive fund raising on joint basis with perhaps a treasure for this group as well as the own organisations own, that can agree funds issue on a needs basis through voting of delegates.
All singing the same song.

Megaloo
06-07-2011, 22:27
Point taken, but if you read through this thread, the animosity is coming from one side. I am in dialogue with Marion of AdS and I believe we, as individuals have mutual respect. The criticisms thrown at LA by Tia are borne out of personal differences between herself and the Live Arico leadership. That's what it boils down to. All the refuges here are necessary, in fact, another one or two in the south wouldn't go amiss. On a personal level, I am not in agreement with their policy of not collecting dogs from the street, but that's the way it is, and that's just my opinion. I started this thread out of frustration that LA end up with yet another dog that we would not have if the system was working. I defy anyone not to agree that this is a ludricrous situation??

I have PM'd you something which could be of help not sure

SuzyQ
07-07-2011, 01:21
Thank you I have just read and answered it. :)

mominnie
07-07-2011, 23:26
I don't doubt for one minute how hard you work Suzy, I also think Tia needs to grow up a bit and start thinking of damage limitation to the animals.
I am merely saying if the umbrella group was to level out the bickering and push forward democratic policy, you would all have more power to get things done.
You could also do some massive fund raising on joint basis with perhaps a treasure for this group as well as the own organisations own, that can agree funds issue on a needs basis through voting of delegates.
All singing the same song.

There are many of us who work very very hard for and in all the refuges here, some in harder conditions than others. The fact of all of this is there is an absolute NEED for morerefuges full stop. Viv ,made a fantastic valid post, there HAS to be more than 1...the North is a good example, the main refuge being Valle Colino which is funded by ayuntamientos and the Cabildo to the tune of 6 figures, then there is ADEPAC which is funded privately and has similar figures of "residents" to L A ( and btw holds the exact same policies as us ) The umbrella group FECAPAP does not have all the refuges under their umbrella..again because of differences both personal and policy wise. Eugenio is very involved with them and attends meetings but sadly, once again, with their help we would still only be able to involve x amount of refuges North and South. Massive fundraising is being addressed because we at L A feel there are so many worthy refuges that do not have a massive PR presence, many are NOT represented on here or in media but still do a fabulous job at helping abandoned animals. We are proactive to be able to help in a big way so Suzy Q and I have already spent many hours devising a way to benefit all the refuges with a BIG event in December. It will benefit pro rata so itīs up to each individual charity to do their bit to get their supporters there...the more they get the more money they will receive. We are just waiting confirmation of a venue and then all the charities will be contacted to invite them to be a part of this. We can do no more to try to get everyone together....to receive funds. Policies...well thatīs definitely a different song...I sadly doubt it will never happen...look at Cesar MIllan in the USA..he does a great job but there are many rescue orgīs that disagree with his way....well, we can but try I guess..yet again ! X