PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Am having a nightmare registering my dog with ayuntamiento

anegib
05-07-2011, 10:56
Received registered letter from local council saying I have to register my dog with them. But because of new laws here and because he is a big dog he will have to be classed as 'potentially dangerous'. Have to have a psycological test done on me to see if I am okay in the head [should be fun trying to understand what they are asking me in Spanish]. Do not know where I have to go and get this done. Have to insure my dog for up to 700.000euros. Have to have check done on me by police to see if I have a criminal record [which I dont thank goodness]. A Spanish neighbour has suggested I go to a gestoria and let them sort it out for me. He also said I was stupid for registering him with the police last year [was told this was important for him to be legal, thought I was doing the right thing. He was registered as being 'not dangerous then] I now seem to opened a can of worms just for trying to do the 'right thing'.

CIM
05-07-2011, 11:25
Its a nightmare, I had to get my other half registered as a "potentially dangerous spouse" and went through the same process. I understand where they are coming from with her though.

MrsTT
05-07-2011, 11:26
You could try contacting member Goldenmaniac by PM for advice.

Tom & Sharon
05-07-2011, 11:36
Its a nightmare, I had to get my other half registered as a "potentially dangerous spouse" and went through the same process. I understand where they are coming from with her though.

Not to mention her dangerous chihuahua!

nath
19-07-2011, 21:45
Just curious has the insurance gone up from 120.000 to 700.000? Does anyone know? When using Google I keep reading about 120.000 but most are older articles. I am curious if this was mentioned in the papers received from the ayuntamiento or if you heard about this somewhere else? Is there an undated site with exact requirements that anyone is aware of?

Eades
20-07-2011, 06:09
If you have trained your dog and he has no behavior problem then there is no need to have tension or fear about this man.So you must go and get the registration of your dog there.If any problem related to behavior appears then its good for you so you may over come on that problem.

anegib
20-07-2011, 10:26
Hi I have finally got all the paperwork needed for the ayuntimiento had psycology test yesterday and thankfully passed cost 55euros. Also got my dog insured with Mapfre most reasonable of all insurers. The Civil Responsabidad cover is for 150,000euros. Hope this helps you,

nath
20-07-2011, 11:14
Hi I have finally got all the paperwork needed for the ayuntimiento had psycology test yesterday and thankfully passed cost 55euros. Also got my dog insured with Mapfre most reasonable of all insurers. The Civil Responsabidad cover is for 150,000euros. Hope this helps you,

Thanks for that! I just got an home insurance with Zurich with a separate page stating:

0128 - INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS DOGS
The civil liability of the Insured Person as an owner of 1 dog/s is included in the guarantee of the policy.
They told me the coverage was for €150.000 and reading your post on 700.000 got me worried!

But guess the 150.000 is enough after all or you wouldn't have received the license of course. Where did you get the proof you are not involved in any criminal activities? From land of origin? If so how old was this? I have one from last year. We had to leave Tenerife and therefore I did not use it. Was your translated into Spanish?

Sorry for all the questions....

anegib
20-07-2011, 11:26
Sorry for the mix up in civil liability got my wires crossed. When I got all the paperwork from the office in the ayunitimiento there was a paper for me to sign to say the police could check my background [clean thank goodness] do not know whether they will check me back to Scotland or not is their problem. My paperwork is all in Spanish as all paperwork done here. Was asked questions like 'Do you know how to shoot a gun' 'Are you happy one minute and sad the next' 'Are you a nevous person' in the psycology test yesterday if thats any help.

YOUNG GOLFER
20-07-2011, 11:30
Think we should have a test like this for forum members wanting to join.

nath
20-07-2011, 11:41
@ young golfer... LOL!!! Indead, maybe people would get along a wee bit better that way.

@ anegib thanks so much for all your answers. Sounds you did not have too hard a time. Can I ask if you were allowed to bring a translator for the test and to which ayuntamiento you went? I know some are more difficult as others. (I promise to stop hassling you after these question!!!).

philipjames
16-12-2011, 10:56
Good one.Keep it up.thanks a lot for sharing.