PDA

View Full Version : Bars Central Station, Las Americas, Tenerife

Syorks1982
05-07-2011, 13:00
Off to PDLA in just over 3 weeks. Heard that the Central Station Bar in PDLA does Sunday roasts. As we're staying in Santiago 2, wouldn't mind popping in here. Just wondering whether they still do Sunday roasts and/or food in general.

Thanks in advance

WeeJake
10-07-2011, 00:16
These replies kill me!!!! talk about self preservation. Central Station is still very much alive and kicking. Unfortunately they do not do the sunday roasts any more (much to the disappointment of many) However, Iīd recommend Jags Bar round the corner from Central Station. Iīd also recommend you try the Roast House In Los Cristianos..... always guaranteed a fine sunday lunch. And for those who donīt know and presumably guess!! Central Station has only been there for four years and does very nicely. (although most thought it wouldnīt last six months): Yes itīs Seasonal but at this stage on the island, when the All Inclusives are impacting the majority of bars/restaurants, their no different to anyone else. Check out the Reviews on Trip Advisor, Facebook, Backpackers etc., they will tell you everything you need to know about any bar/restaurant you intend to visit in Tenerife without listening to Tittle Tattle. Funderground, you need to take a step back and tell us ALL which bars are mobbed just now, Besides Shambles that is! Knowing quite a few owners as We do in the same area, itīs been a tough year or two for all and negative remarks about individuals whilst promoting others is seen simply as looking after yourself and your friends. Deep Breath and youīll perhaps see a bit more clearly!! Central Station will be restarting their afternoon entertainment in the next week or two. Check out facebook for updates.

slodgedad
10-07-2011, 00:27
These replies kill me!!!! talk about self preservation. Central Station is still very much alive and kicking. Unfortunately they do not do the sunday roasts any more (much to the disappointment of many) However, Iīd recommend Jags Bar round the corner from Central Station. Iīd also recommend you try the Roast House In Los Cristianos..... always guaranteed a fine sunday lunch. And for those who donīt know and presumably guess!! Central Station has only been there for four years and does very nicely. (although most thought it wouldnīt last six months): Yes itīs Seasonal but at this stage on the island, when the All Inclusives are impacting the majority of bars/restaurants, their no different to anyone else. Check out the Reviews on Trip Advisor, Facebook, Backpackers etc., they will tell you everything you need to know about any bar/restaurant you intend to visit in Tenerife without listening to Tittle Tattle. Funderground, you need to take a step back and tell us ALL which bars are mobbed just now, Besides Shambles that is! Knowing quite a few owners as We do in the same area, itīs been a tough year or two for all and negative remarks about individuals whilst promoting others is seen simply as looking after yourself and your friends. Deep Breath and youīll perhaps see a bit more clearly!! Central Station will be restarting their afternoon entertainment in the next week or two. Check out facebook for updates.

Off topic comments have been moved

WeeJake
10-07-2011, 00:45
Sorry Slodgedad. what do you mean Off Topic comments have been moved.

AL JAY
10-07-2011, 00:46
Woah, Why has my post been moved,I welcomed the OP to the forum and didn't give any negative comments whatsover? she actually thanked me! Go take a look!

nath
10-07-2011, 09:00
I understand that some posts are removed b/c they upset people but they do make it difficult to understand the conversations. Like this one, I read the 2nd post twice because at first I thought I missed something. Maybe it would work better if the removed post would still leave a comment from a moderator warning ppl the post was removed (and possible even telling us why).
Just a thought....

Leam_Lin
10-07-2011, 09:26
I understand that some posts are removed b/c they upset people but they do make it difficult to understand the conversations. Like this one, I read the 2nd post twice because at first I thought I missed something. Maybe it would work better if the removed post would still leave a comment from a moderator warning ppl the post was removed (and possible even telling us why).
Just a thought....

I had to read it through again.

Syorks1982
11-07-2011, 12:14
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry to anyone if any of the replies were not deemed appropriate to the thread, hence them being removed for being off topic.