PDA

View Full Version : What's it like North East of Santa Cruz, Tenerife?

Balcony
05-07-2011, 15:41
We're out in Tenerife later this year and will be at our apartment in Los Cristianos.

I am not familiar with places in the north, NE of Santa Cruz, say around Punta de los Organos. What's it like there? Can you get to fabulous view points in the hills (by car)? Any recommendations?

captain jack sparrow
05-07-2011, 15:55
spent a day shopping in santa cruz then drove up to Playa Las Teresitas in the afternoon to cool off in the sea, Nice beach. About 10 mins N/E santa cruz.

babybadger
20-07-2011, 11:55
Yes you can get there, follow the road to San Andres (TF-11) and head straight along the sea front (don't take the road to Taganana TF-12!) , head towards Playa de Las Terasitas, and keep to the left as you see the cars going towards the beach area at the traffic lights, this is the TF-121 and follow the signs to 'La Montaņeta' and 'Igueste de San Andres' - BTW there is a very good restaurant in San Andres by the broken Castle called El Peton, good cheap food....try the 'mechada' sandwich....

This area is the best of the Island for me....

Faraway
21-07-2011, 13:19
I would also recommend the Anaga mountains and Mercedes Forest - so incredibly beautiful - breathtaking. There is a trip (I think by Viajes Teide) that goes there - its actually quite cheap to do it as a day trip It gives you 1 1/2 hours shopping in Santa Cruz first, then moves on to Terisitas beach for a photo stop, then up into the mountains and runs down through the Mercedes forest, down to La Laguna and back.

Goforgold
21-07-2011, 16:48
spent a day shopping in santa cruz then drove up to Playa Las Teresitas in the afternoon to cool off in the sea, Nice beach. About 10 mins N/E santa cruz.

Lovely beach - take your snorkel with you. :)

fixer
21-07-2011, 17:09
Picture of the north.