PDA

View Full Version : New league for CD Tenerife confirmed - 2nd B group 1

Fred Perry
05-07-2011, 21:51
The new league - Spanish 2nd Group 1 has now been confirmed. Here is the list of teams and after the region they are from. Toughest clubs will be Albacete, Real Oviedo, CD Toledo(money behind them now) & Real Madrid b.

1 Club Marino de Luanco Asturias
2 Real Oviedo Asturias
3 Sporting de Gijón Asturias
4 CD Tenerife Canarias
5 UD Vecindario Canarias
6 Albacete Balompie Castilla La Mancha
7 CD Toledo Castilla La Mancha
8 La Roda CF Castilla La Mancha
9 UB Conquense Castilla La Mancha
10 CD Lugo Galicia
11 Coruxo FC Galicia
12 Montañeros CF Banco Gallego Galicia
13 RC Celta de Vigo "B" Galicia
14 CD Leganés Madrid
15 Clut Atlético de Madrid "B" Madrid
16 Getafe CF "B" Madrid
17 RSD Alcalá Madrid
18 Rayo Vallecano de Madrid "B" Madrid
19 Real Madrid B Madrid
20 UD San Sebastián de los Reyes Madrid

garlicbread
05-07-2011, 22:33
I know little or nothing about Spanish football at this level so can you tell me which level of football in England is comparable to this league so I get some sort of idea.

redarrow
05-07-2011, 23:38
You forgot to mention Lugo, who finished top of this group last season.

sundownersvince
06-07-2011, 01:59
League one......or Scottish Premier.

bonitatime
06-07-2011, 07:41
It is a great group for away games.

Where did you find it as I need a link for facebook?

There is talk online that Alcobendas sport will pay for the last place available this morning which should change the group as they are Madrid

Fred Perry
06-07-2011, 09:37
I know little or nothing about Spanish football at this level so can you tell me which level of football in England is comparable to this league so I get some sort of idea.

Difficult to say really on standard of football but I would say League 2 (ish) for size of stadium/crowds. Some teams will average crowds 5,000 Albacete, Oviedo perhaps 7,000 and Tenerife 7-8,000. But it drops drastically when you look at all the b teams in this league who can only muster crowds in the 100´s.

redarrow
06-07-2011, 09:51
They are calling it the group of death now, as it seems stronger than the other groups.

bonitatime
06-07-2011, 11:25
I hope if Alcobendas joins we will lose Albacete

elwaydaman
06-07-2011, 12:39
Wow, so many B teams! Tenerife could play against super stars of the future! :D

Fred Perry
06-07-2011, 15:35
Well, everything has been suspended for up to 10 days!

This is due to some of the teams that were demoted desperately trying to raise funds to stay up and another team,Alcobendas Sport, that is attempting to raise 450.000€ to be able to take the place of a demoted team. Obviously this affects the composotion of the groups as they are regionalised.

One thing though! confirmed on radio El Dia. Tenerife know who their first opponents are;

Aug 20/21st
CD Tenerife vs Vecindario - Canarian Derby

This is due to the fact that in 2nd B they always start with a derby game and UD Vecindario is our only derby game.
Also we will be at home because there is a big concert being held at the Heliodoro on the Sep 23rd so we need to play away that day and the League have agreed to this request.

I have worked ou that the game in Gran canaria wil be on 28/29th January 2010