PDA

View Full Version : Recommend someone or a company for Custom built PC´s in Tenerife

CIM
05-07-2011, 23:07
I have always bought towers from shops even though I am well aware that great savings can be made having one custom built. Over the next 12 months I will be upgrading my current tower and would like to get something custom built.
Anyone had a PC custom built in Tenerife?
I had a look on this site today: computerplanet.co.uk/
and configured my ideal PC - came in at about £1,800. Not going to spend quite as much as that but would be nice if their was a website in Spain that did something similar.

slodgedad
05-07-2011, 23:22
Look no further than our very own Steph at Witzend (http://www.witzend-tenerife.biz/).

Just built one for my daughter, fully legal and a great piece of kit

MaxineC
05-07-2011, 23:36
Look no further than our very own Steph at Witzend (http://www.witzend-tenerife.biz/).

Just built one for my daughter, fully legal and a great piece of kit

You beat me to it, was just about to say the same.... (without the built one for my daughter bit! :D)

waveydavey
06-07-2011, 08:28
Hi CIM if you go to the shop next to the old PC City it is very good,I bought a computer from there about 4 years ago and it works everyday no problems.

chocaholic
06-07-2011, 08:31
PCI at La Camella. We have dealt with Adam there for the past 15 years and he has built us over 6 custom built pcs including superpcs to extremely high specFantastic service, knowledge, prices and after sales service.

ruggernutter
06-07-2011, 09:42
kryplus hypermedia next to afortunadas have had a couple built by them, great quality and even better price also good aftercare

MrHippo
06-07-2011, 10:22
i had a few pc´s custom made and know of others too..

We´ve all used Pedro, he is reliable, professional, affordable.. and most importantly, cares about the after sales service of his clients..

google pcmediainformatica los cristianos, he is opposite the municipal swimming pool, along the dual carrage way.. he has a online website store.. take a look.,.

he can supply barebone dells and asus makes, you tell him to add components you require..

Loaded
06-07-2011, 11:16
Try steve at www.isyourpcbroken.com

BobMac
06-07-2011, 11:18
Don't know what component prices are like on Tenerife, but my advice would be to identify a ready built PC which meets your requirements and then check the price for a built to order system.

Speaking from Uk prices point-of-view, you used to be able to save a lot of money by building your own PC but that isn't the case now.

Greg
06-07-2011, 13:25
Or you could buy a Mac. It will do what you want straight out of the box. It will never need de-fragging or any other daily maintainance, will never lock up, freeze or crash. They are lightning fast and do not get slower as they get older, best of all you will not have to put up with Windoze anymore!!

Pooh
06-07-2011, 13:53
Maybe I'm assuming too much, but it's not difficult to build a pc, if you just have a bit of common sense.
The hardest bit is probably to choose which components to use, and before that, actually figure out what kind of performance you're looking for, and what to prioritize.
Aside from laptops, I've always built my own computers for the last 15 years, to get what I want.
Lately I've been prioritizing making them as silent as possible - I hate having something sounding like a vacuum cleaner standing next to me all day when I work - using water cooling of the cpu and fanless graphics cards. Not something for heavy gamers, since fanless graphics never can be the most extreme high-end, but it's perfect for me...
Last one I built earlier this year, getting all the components from amazon. That one was quite expensive though, since I spared no expense getting the best components.

One advice though... no matter what else to prioritize, MEMORY is always a good investment. I've noted that Vista and Win7, given a chance, may use up to 7-8 GB of RAM, just for the system itself, client applications not included. So for performance and stability, I'd recommend installing at least 8GB, preferably 12GB or RAM.

MrHippo
06-07-2011, 13:59
the best PC´s are the older ones, mine will go on for ever and ever.. its unbreakable, undistructable.. wouldn´t swap it for the world..

long live the asus pundit R series.. :pray: oh and XP..

sleepy
06-07-2011, 14:22
i had a few pc´s custom made and know of others too..

We´ve all used Pedro, he is reliable, professional, affordable.. and most importantly, cares about the after sales service of his clients..

google pcmediainformatica los cristianos, he is opposite the municipal swimming pool, along the dual carrage way.. he has a online website store.. take a look.,.

he can supply barebone dells and asus makes, you tell him to add components you require..

I will second that.
I always build my own computers and buy my parts through Pedro at very good prices.He is always helpful and gives free advice if you get stuck.
He will also build any machine to your own spec.

CIM
06-07-2011, 20:05
I have been to Pedro before when upgrading. I would build my own (would probably enjoy it actually) but I know I´d never get the bloody thing finished - not enough hours in the day at the moment and the spare time I do have I am usually knackered!
Will have a look at the websites mentioned - cheers for those.
Will also ask Witzend when its time to actually order one. Will have to lie about the cost to my missus. She sees them in the paper for 300€ and then goes mental when I mention spending 4 or 5 times as much :(
Want something quite to but also with lots of processing power, decent graphics (SLI), as much ram as poss and 2TB plus of memory (7200+). WOuldnt mind a solid state drive for the operating systema and office apps but still quite expensive. Will also need a new monitor 23inch+
The one I configured was perfect but they charge an extra £120 to deliver to Spain and a lot of them dont deliver to Canary islands. There doesn't seem to be a Spanish equivalent website for self configuration either.

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 20:17
Get Mac CIM, you'll love it.... ;)

CIM
06-07-2011, 20:18
I have an Iphone and hate it! Not sold on Apple for now...

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 20:20
I have an Iphone and hate it! Not sold on Apple for now...

Please don't blaspheme in front of me, I find it upsetting.... :eyebrows: