PDA

View Full Version : Internet If you have a bad internet connection in Tenerife - PLEASE READ!

tracey_in_tenerife
02-06-2011, 12:17
Since we came out to our house a week ago the internet connection has been REALLY bad, we rang Telefonica today and was surprised with the result we got! They actually made the internet really bad so we would ring up to complain about it, as they had been trying to contact us by phone.
We were told that we were still on the old system and needed an upgrade since the switchover,which is getting sorted in the next 24-48 hours.
We were paying 52 euros for telephone & broadband for god knows how long! we now have it for 30 euros for next 6 months then it goes up to 36 euros a month. soooo glad we made that phone call and we got put through to an english speaking operator as well. we should get 6mb broadband once its sorted but will see about that one, also once we had made the phonecall our broadband connection went from 0.6 mb to 2.4mb within 10 minutes
So if your internet is running like piece of s*** , you really need to make that phonecall

doreen
02-06-2011, 13:37
Hi - thanks for posting that ... do you know when this upgrade was meant to have happened ... I was in touch with them a few months ago, but they told me it was an internal problem in my house .... changed all sorts of things around, but still getting a rotten speed :(

cinnamon
02-06-2011, 14:04
oh dear..don't get me started on telefonica...:mad: up to last year we had nearly 10mb in our old apartment which was just downstairs from us, when we moved, telefonica agreed on the same deal... the first day we had around 6mb and all of a sudden it had dropped down to 1mb... i called them, complained and the only answer i got we would not get a faster rate because it was not possible in our area.:censored: after telling them i would like to cancel everything with them, all of a sudden we got our 6mb back...

tracey_in_tenerife
02-06-2011, 15:02
Hi - thanks for posting that ... do you know when this upgrade was meant to have happened ... I was in touch with them a few months ago, but they told me it was an internal problem in my house .... changed all sorts of things around, but still getting a rotten speed :(

Sorry dont know when it happened, i am in adeje, seeminging a friend in arona hasnt gone on to fibre optic yet as the council havent paid something!! sounds about right !!

You can put your address in on the their website to see if its available in your area

christa
02-06-2011, 16:03
Since we came out to our house a week ago the internet connection has been REALLY bad, we rang Telefonica today and was surprised with the result we got! They actually made the internet really bad so we would ring up to complain about it, as they had been trying to contact us by phone.
We were told that we were still on the old system and needed an upgrade since the switchover,which is getting sorted in the next 24-48 hours.
We were paying 52 euros for telephone & broadband for god knows how long! we now have it for 30 euros for next 6 months then it goes up to 36 euros a month. soooo glad we made that phone call and we got put through to an english speaking operator as well. we should get 6mb broadband once its sorted but will see about that one, also once we had made the phonecall our broadband connection went from 0.6 mb to 2.4mb within 10 minutes
So if your internet is running like piece of s*** , you really need to make that phonecall

Did you ring on the 1004 number? I have rang several times only to be told that there was no English speaking person to deal with the matter and I would have to have a fluent Spanish speaking person on the phone in my house, with access to the internet. I can usually get by with most dealings in Spanish but technical stuff is hard for me to understand in any language!!! Guess its just luck when you ring! Might give it another try though. :)

tracey_in_tenerife
02-06-2011, 16:59
We rang the 1004 number and said "commercial" After having a internet business here we learnt that you get a quicker response. The person at the other end thinks you have come straight through to them. ( ssshhhh dont tell everyone :o) ) After saying " Pardone no hable espanol, solo ingles" we were put straight through to a man in madrid and he spoke english with a london twang.

tracey_in_tenerife
02-06-2011, 17:04
Just to add: Our contract has changed from Telefonica to Movistar and we are being setup on their new system

kangnkodos
02-06-2011, 17:57
i wouldnt let telefonica install cups on string in my apartment cos they would probably cxxck that up or get the string in a knot then take double payments out of your bank every month for the privalege...........tossers.

tracey_in_tenerife
04-06-2011, 13:47
Just to bump this thread again, the telephone company have been out as promised, installed a new line( we now have a new number), the internet is fast and no more crackling on our telephone, bonza!!!