PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to burn rubbish in your own garden in Tenerife?

Jenny10
06-07-2011, 21:26
Does anyone know if it is ok to burn garden rubbish in your own garden?

imablue
06-07-2011, 21:28
i,m pretty sure you need permission.... there was information on the old forum ....

TIS
06-07-2011, 23:34
I'd say it depends on the amount to be burnt. Strictly you are not allowed to burn stuff, but what is the difference when having a BBQ .................. the way I cook anyway - it all gets cremated so nobody would know if it was food or rubbish that was burnt! :-)

princessmonika
07-07-2011, 06:26
the smell of rubbish is bad --it stinks-- but food smells nice-- even if you cremate it--

adrrenaley
24-05-2012, 05:15
Hi.., Do you need to tell the fire station before burning garden rubbish in the garden ? Like leafs and old branches? I mean its cheaper and faster this way, but I don't want get the firemen on my door step. I have seen some garden smoke from some gardens in Tenerife. Any ideas about this ? If so, please suggest me. Thanks in advance.

Jackie
24-05-2012, 06:32
Wait until 23rd June, it's Dia de San Juan, everyone will be having bonfires so you won't have to worry :)

Suej
24-05-2012, 11:57
I don't think you should risk it if you live on a Community!eek2:

cainaries
24-05-2012, 15:14
Wait until 23rd June, it's Dia de San Juan, everyone will be having bonfires so you won't have to worry :)

I've been advised that as well, Jackie. Here on La Palma burning rubbish is absolutely verboten at this time of year. I do realise the regulations are probably different. They might even vary between Municipios. In the winter time (between the clock changes although I suspect it is done by Saints' Days) you can apply for a licence from the Medio Ambiente. When they came here and explained all the hoops we would have to jump through, we decided not to bother. We have spy helicopters and look-out posts and goodness knows what looking out for fires. Our Spanish neighbour lit a bonfire on a very cloudy/misty day thinking they wouldn't spot it and she got a hefty fine.

tonym
24-05-2012, 21:58
I live in Arona up the hillside and a neighbour (who´s a fireman) tells me that I can ask the ayuntiamento for a licence (issued free) to burn rubbish on a specific day before the end of May and then I think after September. It is not permitted to light fires in this area during summer.