PDA

View Full Version : Problem with (some) post formats.

leo_london
07-07-2011, 15:59
I have a problem with the format of some posts. They appear on my screen formatted in a vertical column, one letter per line, making them almost impossible to read.
I've looked through the help topics, but can't find any reference to other people having the same problem ?
I noticed it weeks ago, but haven't been on for a while.
Is it something to do with my browser, or is there a quick fix on the forum set-up somewhere ?

BobMac
07-07-2011, 16:05
I have a problem with the format of some posts. They appear on my screen formatted in a vertical column, one letter per line, making them almost impossible to read.
I've looked through the help topics, but can't find any reference to other people having the same problem ?
Is it something to do with my browser, or is there a quick fix on the forum set-up somewhere ?

Which web browser are you using ??

I had that problem at one point on the old forum and switched to using Firefox and the problem disappeared.

Can confirm that the following browsers work - Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera

TenerifeTeddy
07-07-2011, 16:16

I have reported this post so the other Admin/Mods can look at it and see if anyone has a solution. Itīs not something I have come across.

leo_london
07-07-2011, 19:15
Thanks Bob, Teddy.
I'm just using IE, the same as always. I had no problem with the old forum and didn't have a problem when this new forum started, it began after a few weeks when different bits and pieces were added.
With your replies on here, the posts you both made are fine, but the "quote" from me is formatted in the way I described above..strange ?

TOTO 99
07-07-2011, 19:49
I had a similar problem originally with IE but it turned out it was because I was on an older version. I upgraded to the latest version and everything was fine although the browser itself is a bit slow. All works fine on Google Chrome as well. Hope that helps leo.