PDA

View Full Version : Why do people post threads asking for something, but don't bother respond?

MaxineC
07-07-2011, 20:42
It gets right up my nose when people post a thread asking for info on something, you then go to the trouble of answering, and they haven't even got the decency to acknowledge your answer...

Why bother posting in the first place, if you're then going to ignore the replies? I'm not expecting them to instantly answer, but a small acknowledgement is good manners, or in the case of jobs, a simple thank you I've found something etc would suffice... :wall: :wall:

Margaretta
07-07-2011, 20:47
Quite agree Max. Good manners make friends too! :)

M.......a......x......i.......n.......e, please may I have your shoes?????? :jumping:(I'll go away now.....:ashamed:)

In this case I would not wait for an answer but if I had asked you where you got them i would....and then hopefully remember to say 'Thank you!'

with cheese
07-07-2011, 20:48
c'mon Max spill

theloner
07-07-2011, 20:49
Hi, I agree with you, I'm relatively new to the forum but when I've asked for info such as apartment insurance I've always tried to follow up with a thank you, it's pure manners and as we all know manners maketh man (or woman as the case may be). Thank you (just being polite!).

Suej
07-07-2011, 20:52
Same forum different day Max........canīt see that changing!

onelegnofeet
07-07-2011, 21:18
THANK YOU MAXCINE ................from all the ignorant BARSTEWARDS !!!! ( is this permisable ???)

dede
07-07-2011, 22:16
I also think its rude when posters dont thank you for any help you have given them, but i also use the thanks button when some has made me chuckle:eyebrows::eyebrows:

reggie
07-07-2011, 22:18
I also think its rude when posters dont thank you for any help you have given them, but i also use the thanks button when some has made me chuckle:eyebrows::eyebrows:

What , you laugh too, When ?

dede
07-07-2011, 22:20
What , you laugh too, When ?

At all your`posts reggie baby......:raspberry2::raspberry2::raspberry2:

Ecky Thump
07-07-2011, 22:23
I asked my wife to marry me....Oh Boy, how I wish she hadn't bothered to respond.:kiss2:

MaxineC
07-07-2011, 22:26
Quite agree Max. Good manners make friends too! :)

M.......a......x......i.......n.......e, please may I have your shoes?????? :jumping:(I'll go away now.....:ashamed:)

In this case I would not wait for an answer but if I had asked you where you got them i would....and then hopefully remember to say 'Thank you!'

Erm, NO, you can't have my shoes... ;) :D but I'll more than happily give you a link to the site. Sadly you won't be able to get the spotty ones unless they've now started them as a line. This will sound flash (not intended) but the ones in my avatar were custom made for me by a shoemaker that wanted me to promote their shoes.... There's some extra bonuses for whipping your kit off for a living.... :) :D :D

The site is www.elite-heels.de - the owner/designer is called Olly, tell him I sent you, there may even be a discount in it for you ;)

Somebody asked for a reliable cleaner, I recommended somebody... Nothing, nada, zilch back from them. The poor people I was recommending are on the edge of their seats hoping for some extra work. This is the 2nd time somebody has asked this question, the previous poster didn't bother responding either.... I just don't know why they even bother asking the question if they're then going to ignore the replies.... Bugs the crap out of me.

Rant over, I'm going back to enjoying my brandy.... Cheers! :drinking:

I asked my wife to marry me....Oh Boy, how I wish she hadn't bothered to respond.:kiss2:

:crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

dokgolf
07-07-2011, 22:29
c'mon Max spill

:D:D With Cheese, in the short time I've been here, you never fail to make me grin!:D

P.S. Thank you

MaxineC
07-07-2011, 22:31

Me too... If I like a post, agree with it, or it's just made me laugh or smile, it gets a thanks. Isn't that why the 'Thanks' button's there??

dokgolf
07-07-2011, 22:31
THANK YOU MAXCINE ................from all the ignorant BARSTEWARDS !!!! ( is this permisable ???)

I'd take offence at that if I could spill porpurly!

Margaretta
08-07-2011, 00:43
[QUOTE=MaxineC;55142]Erm, NO, you can't have my shoes... ;) :D but I'll more than happily give you a link to the site. Sadly you won't be able to get the spotty ones unless they've now started them as a line. This will sound flash (not intended) but the ones in my avatar were custom made for me by a shoemaker that wanted me to promote their shoes.... There's some extra bonuses for whipping your kit off for a living.... :) :D :D

The site is www.elite-heels.de - the owner/designer is called Olly, tell him I sent you, there may even be a discount in it for you ;)

Maxine, that is soooooo sweet but there would be no bonuses for me if I 'whipped my kit off!' More likely, smelly old trainers hurled at me!!!:ashamed::cry: I have very big feet too....perhaps he designs canoes?....with sparkles and spots too of course! One can dream......and if Olly wants to kill a cow and be truly challenged, then.......:superman:
But me wearing them in Tenerife would surely be an accident waiting to happen on cobbles and decorative tiles and pavings? No. I'll stick to the flatties for hols but admire from afar. Thank you.I did buy two pairs of very high-heeled vampish shoes for a wedding last year. The first pair killed but the second were actually comfortable and I even danced in them!!!

As for those who received your information and didn't bother to reply, let's hope they are on their knees scrubbing. Two little words would make such a difference!

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 01:07
Hahaha! Oh and don't panic about the size of your feet, they also make custom shoes for the transvestite market... up to cruise ship size! :D

The pavements here are a nightmare, so much so I cheat now when wearing a pair of my mega heels out... I wear flats to the venue, and just before I get to the doorway, flats go in handbag and super heels go on... but sshhh, don't tell anybody, I have a reputation to uphold! ;)

slodgedad
08-07-2011, 01:27
It gets right up my nose when people post a thread asking for info on something, you then go to the trouble of answering, and they haven't even got the decency to acknowledge your answer...

Why bother posting in the first place, if you're then going to ignore the replies? I'm not expecting them to instantly answer, but a small acknowledgement is good manners, or in the case of jobs, a simple thank you I've found something etc would suffice... :wall: :wall:

What annoys me is when someone starts a thread with something like 'HELP', so I read through, change the title, to make it more attractive, put it into the correct sub forum (Only about 2 or 3 minutes) and then the OP is never heard of again.

Sometimes you feel like leaving the original one word title and wait for it to disappear, which it usually does

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 01:31
What annoys me is when someone starts a thread with something like 'HELP', so I read through, change the title, to make it more attractive, put it into the correct sub forum (Only about 2 or 3 minutes) and then the OP is never heard of again.

Sometimes you feel like leaving the original one word title and wait for it to disappear, which it usually does

The thread that's bugged me hasn't had a title change, or been moved, and the OP is a long-standing poster, and has been back on the forum several times since posting the thread.... guess that's what's irritated me the most. Had it been a newbie I would have been a little more forgiving, but not when it's somebody that 'knows the ropes'.... Grrrrrrr

slodgedad
08-07-2011, 01:45
The thread that's bugged me hasn't had a title change, or been moved, and the OP is a long-standing poster, and has been back on the forum several times since posting the thread.... guess that's what's irritated me the most. Had it been a newbie I would have been a little more forgiving, but not when it's somebody that 'knows the ropes'.... Grrrrrrr

Give us a clue......Or even a link,

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 01:47
Give us a clue......Or even a link,

I'll tell you on our scrabble game, I'm waiting to see if the guilty party realises it's them I'm referring to.... ;)

slodgedad
08-07-2011, 01:54
I'll tell you on our scrabble game, I'm waiting to see if the guilty party realises it's them I'm referring to.... ;)
the two
Scrabble is a private affair.

Forum stuff stays in the Forum, either PM or report.

Sorry to sound a bit brusque but I keep the two separate

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 02:02
the two
Scrabble is a private affair.

Forum stuff stays in the Forum, either PM or report.

Sorry to sound a bit brusque but I keep the two separate

Oh no, I didn't mean I'm grassing or complaining in an official capacity... It hasn't bothered me that much! More filling you in in a friendly tittle/tattle type of way... ;) My pm's here always seem to take an age to load (same on the old forum) so tend not to use it unless somebody writes to me... or I have a proper compliant to make.

Jackie
08-07-2011, 07:35
Totally agree with your OP Max. I replied to an ad for models for my daughter about three weeks ago. Sent PM with all details as requested and heard nothing, not even a no thanks. Slodge even removed the OP because no one had a reply to their PM's. The girl sent me a PM this week apologising that she had been so busy she hadn't had time to look on the forum for any replies and that she had all the models she wanted now anyway. Why bother posting looking for work, employees etc. if they are not even going to check for replies ggrrrrr...

Lucy Fer
08-07-2011, 10:26

At all your`posts reggie baby......:raspberry2::raspberry2::raspberry2:

But you didnt thank him :whistle:

onelegnofeet
08-07-2011, 11:18
I'm waiting to see if the guilty party realises it's them I'm referring to.... ;)

Yes It Was ME !!!..............though i asked for a FRENCH MAID not a bloody cleaner !!!

Balcony
08-07-2011, 12:14
That'd be me. You only said you knew of someone, no contact info. I'd had a number of replies with contact info, so sorry if I seemed to not respond. But are they truly 'on the edge of their seat'? If so, then I thought they might be happy to have a contact no.passed on.

Erm, NO, you can't have my shoes... ;) :D but I'll more than happily give you a link to the site. Sadly you won't be able to get the spotty ones unless they've now started them as a line. This will sound flash (not intended) but the ones in my avatar were custom made for me by a shoemaker that wanted me to promote their shoes.... There's some extra bonuses for whipping your kit off for a living.... :) :D :D

Somebody asked for a reliable cleaner, I recommended somebody... Nothing, nada, zilch back from them. The poor people I was recommending are on the edge of their seats hoping for some extra work. This is the 2nd time somebody has asked this question, the previous poster didn't bother responding either.... I just don't know why they even bother asking the question if they're then going to ignore the replies.... Bugs the crap out of me.

Rant over, I'm going back to enjoying my brandy.... Cheers! :drinking:

:crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Sometimes answers are not always answers , however good the intention. I think also a lot of questions come from Newbies and they just don't realise the etiquette of a forum, or like me in this instance - seem to have unsubscribed to my own post and now I can't find it. Anyway....it's Friday!

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 12:25
That'd be me. You only said you knew of someone, no contact info. I'd had a number of replies with contact info, so sorry if I seemed to not respond. But are they truly 'on the edge of their seat'? If so, then I thought they might be happy to have a contact no.passed on.

You were indeed one of the people i was referring to, and if you read my reply again I did ask if you wanted their contact details/rates to pm me... I'm not in the habit of just handing out peoples contact details willy nilly, for obvious reasons. A thanks or sorted now is all I, or others who have experienced similar frustrations, want...

Balcony
08-07-2011, 12:34
If I could find my post again, I'd gladly read it. I would have thought I'd indicated a Thanks. I normally do. If I didn't then Thanks.
A second search and I found post. No, I apologise I didn't thank you, but have added.

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 12:43
If I could find my post again, I'd gladly read it. I would have thought I'd indicated a Thanks. I normally do. If I didn't then Thanks.
A second search and I found post. No, I apologise I didn't thank you, but have added.

Haha, I only went looking for it because the couple had asked if there was any news... and no, there was no thanks, I felt unloved and unappreciated :cry: ;)

As I said in my OP, this has happened several times before, and others have moaned about it too, hence my post... not a personal attack on you, or any other individual, more a little gripe... ;)

onelegnofeet
08-07-2011, 12:48
I love GRIPES ,though being Diabetic i can only have 4 a day .....i take it your not diabetic MC???

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 12:54
I love GRIPES ,though being Diabetic i can only have 4 a day .....i take it your not diabetic MC???

Your such a goon... :crazy:

No, I may be falling apart at the seams, but diabetes isn't on my list of ailments.... Yet!! :eek:

Balcony
08-07-2011, 14:24
Diabetes. Hehe, not going off topic much!!! Actually my book arrived today about reversing T2. I'm soon going to try the 600 calories a day thing, just have to get th hill climbing out the way first. LOL

warbey
08-07-2011, 20:29
Diabetes. Hehe, not going off topic much!!! Actually my book arrived today about reversing T2. I'm soon going to try the 600 calories a day thing, just have to get th hill climbing out the way first. LOL

Looks like another request for tips coming One Leg..........
Ive a feeling 500 cals will seriously affect the Sugar Level.....
Sugar;insulin at the ready....??

She Sells Seashells
08-07-2011, 21:14
Responding to MaxineC's original question, yes, it irks me when people do not acknowledge or respond to a reply when they have requested information. I responded to a well-known, frequent poster's request about a week ago, and have not heard a peep. You end up asking yourself, why did I bother?

onelegnofeet
08-07-2011, 21:24
Looks like another request for tips coming One Leg..........
Ive a feeling 500 cals will seriously affect the Sugar Level.....
Sugar;insulin at the ready....??

Fine but i'm not giving him the KISS of LIFE !!!...........................no need to thank me