PDA

View Full Version : Rental Agreements L/T

Balcony
08-07-2011, 12:44
Most legal documents are pretty standard. Does anyone know of the availability of a rental agreement for long term rental and if it can be downloaded? What would it cost to get a lawyer to draw one up? In the UK I'd pay about £150.

Has anyone any suggestions for precautionery clauses to include?

Is there any anecdotal evidence of 'runners' (and worse) etc? I ask as I was specifically warned by a friend against going down this path.

doreen
08-07-2011, 12:50
Has anyone any suggestions for precautionery clauses to include?

Is there any anecdotal evidence of 'runners' (and worse) etc? I ask as I was specifically warned by a friend against going down this path.

I've had two "runners" in about 25 instances of letting long term (several properties involved). Some late payments, some small bits of damage ... and three amazing tenants, two of whom are still with me, thank goodness.

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 12:50
I've got a copy of a Spanish one if that's any good to you? When we were looking around the prices agents added on for contracts varied hugely, from 60€ to 180€!! :eek:

mossy
08-07-2011, 12:59
We'd class ourselves as a very reliable tennants,very clean indeed just look at this link
it's currently for sale,we're just waiting for the lucky landlord but not a response so far.

Balcony
08-07-2011, 14:20
Yes, I'd heard about the agent's contracts, which is why I'd do my own. Thanks for the offer, I'll take it up if I can't find an English version to start me off! I used to have a link to a local lawyer who provided such things on the net, but I lost several bits of stuff when I changed computers & services, including a lot that was Tenerife-related.

I've got a copy of a Spanish one if that's any good to you? When we were looking around the prices agents added on for contracts varied hugely, from 60€ to 180€!! :eek:

willowlily
08-07-2011, 15:05
in the uk you can buy a pre-printed legally binding tenancy contract from w.h.s for £ 7.99
i have used them for years.
i have had no runners in 15 years but have had to retain part of deposits twice for cleaning.

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 15:08
in the uk you can buy a pre-printed legally binding tenancy contract from w.h.s for £ 7.99
i have used them for years.
i have had no runners in 15 years but have had to retain part of deposits twice for cleaning.

Yes, but they wouldn't be legally binding here....

londoner
08-07-2011, 15:12
there must be a local contract ask any estate agent that does long lets

Nic
08-07-2011, 20:53
If you want the contract for a property in Tenerife it has to be in Spanish or it not's worth the paper it's printed on. You can supply a translation for the tennant but the signed contract must be the Spanish one, the English one would just be for reference. If you want you can download them online, just google "contrato de arrendamiento"....100% free!

Balcony
09-07-2011, 07:26
At the moment I am in the UK

there must be a local contract ask any estate agent that does long lets

Thanks, I'll try that. My starting point is English as it's rather better than my Spanish, but easy enough to get it translated and conform.

If you want the contract for a property in Tenerife it has to be in Spanish or it not's worth the paper it's printed on. You can supply a translation for the tennant but the signed contract must be the Spanish one, the English one would just be for reference. If you want you can download them online, just google "contrato de arrendamiento"....100% free!

I googled and found some formats. Great stuff. Thanks.