PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Speak Arabic...?

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 15:05
It's come to light that Etihad actually means United... can anybody confirm this?

The reason I ask is Eastlands has just renamed itself this, so could translate to being United Stadium... If this is correct, I'm off to make my banner in readiness for the new footie season!! :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

junglejim
08-07-2011, 15:18
Will you be wearing your Burka ?

الإتحاد - it means "Union"

This is one in Man City colours

:eyebrows:716

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 15:25
Will you be wearing your Burka ?

الإتحاد :eyebrows:

Hahaha.... Tell you what though, wearing a burka could have some serious advantages, it would take me a fraction of the time to get ready in the morning and no need to send ages sorting my hair out!! :D

TOTO 99
08-07-2011, 15:34
All this Burka talk reminded me of this..the most pointless family photo ever taken

Megaloo
08-07-2011, 15:40
It's come to light that Etihad actually means United... can anybody confirm this?

The reason I ask is Eastlands has just renamed itself this, so could translate to being United Stadium... If this is correct, I'm off to make my banner in readiness for the new footie season!! :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Not 100% sure but I think it does because there is Etihad Airways (United Airways) I will ask my Granddaughter as she works for them.

Malteser Monkey
08-07-2011, 15:43
ohhh and a joke I heard about a guy who went round to his Muslim neighbours - he talked though the letterbox to see how they liked it !

boom boom well summit like that

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 15:50
Not 100% sure but I think it does because there is Etihad Airways (United Airways) I will ask my Granddaughter as she works for them.

Thanks Megaloo.... Oh I do hope it's true, it'll make for a very entertaining season. :D

ohhh and a joke I heard about a guy who went round to his Muslim neighbours - he talked though the letterbox to see how they liked it !

boom boom well summit like that

Erm, are you being racist MM..... :D :D

Megaloo
08-07-2011, 15:57
Thanks Megaloo.... Oh I do hope it's true, it'll make for a very entertaining season. :D

HI
Hi just managed to speak to Sarah and yes it does mean United.

Malteser Monkey
08-07-2011, 16:16

OMG Never !!! I tell all Nationality jokes !! funny ones not derogative ones !;)

Off now catch u all later

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 16:43
HI
Hi just managed to speak to Sarah and yes it does mean United.

Fantastic!!! Thanks Megaloo.... :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

onelegnofeet
08-07-2011, 17:14
Fantastic!!! Thanks Megaloo.... :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Careful when stitching the words though or it could mean ............"I will S--g your camel for three goats !""":fryingpan::smack::stars:

MaxineC
08-07-2011, 17:24
Can we not go down that bestiality road again please, I heard enough of that from our Norwegian friend... :eek: ;)

imablue
08-07-2011, 20:05
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08072011/58/premier-league-city-sell-naming-rights-liverpool-follow.html
Manchester City announced a hugely lucrative naming rights deal with Etihad Airways which will see their City of Manchester Stadium immediately renamed the Etihad Stadium.....

post number 41 ...seems to think otherwise ....

pablo1
10-07-2011, 00:16
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08072011/58/premier-league-city-sell-naming-rights-liverpool-follow.html
Manchester City announced a hugely lucrative naming rights deal with Etihad Airways which will see their City of Manchester Stadium immediately renamed the Etihad Stadium.....

post number 41 ...seems to think otherwise ....

It doesn't, but if it gives them something to grasp hold of then let them be... bless. :-)

TenerifeTeddy
10-07-2011, 00:25
Aparently it also means "Union" depending on the context. :) See here (http://kingkippax.blogspot.com/2009/06/phew-etihad-does-not-mean-united.html)

pablo1
10-07-2011, 00:49
Aparently it also means "Union" depending on the context. :) See here (http://kingkippax.blogspot.com/2009/06/phew-etihad-does-not-mean-united.html)

Which by the logic of some of the hapless folk over at OT would make their beloved team Manchester Union...we'll see if it takes off. :-)

TheBloke
10-07-2011, 01:32
It just gets better......thank you Manchester City:crylaughing:

Andy0210
10-07-2011, 01:49
Hahaha.... Tell you what though, wearing a burka could have some serious advantages, it would take me a fraction of the time to get ready in the morning and no need to send ages sorting my hair out!! :D

And destroy your business in the drop of a hat, sorry Burka! lol