PDA

View Full Version : New manager for CDT - Antonio Calderon

Fred Perry
08-07-2011, 16:45
Not confirmed 100% yet by club but very likely.

CD Tenerife have appointed Antonio Calderon as their new manager.

I do not know too much about him but I took this from wikipedia. He played & managed in Scotland for a while!

At the age of 33, Calderón moved abroad, playing half a season with Airdrieonians and one 1/2 with Kilmarnock,[1] his debut for the latter being a start against Dunfermline Athletic (2–1 home win).[2] In 2002, he stayed in Scotland, wrapping up his playing career at Raith Rovers, acting as the side's player-manager.[3]

redarrow
09-07-2011, 09:58
Funnily enough he's managed at Cadiz. Bit of a coincidence.

bonitatime
09-07-2011, 10:01
It was confirmed on the club website last night. At least we can now start moving forward. I am beginning to get excited about the coming season.

Fred Perry
09-07-2011, 11:14
The link between all of this is an agency called "Bahia Producciones" which involved ex-player Steve Archibald who brought 9 Spanish players to Scotland in 2001 (Calderon being one of them). Not sure what Archibald is doing now? Anyone help? Calderon is registered with Bahia Producciones as well as Quique Pina from CF Granada. And our Football director, Cordero, is from Granada.

What is this new boss like? An Albacete fan has been on a forum to state that his main priority is to sort out the defence and he plays a 4-4-1-1. He is excellent with the press but does not seem to lean too much on playing the youth players. This could be different here ofcourse.

Slim Angel
09-07-2011, 11:58
SA played for Barca in the 80's and the last I heard still stays there.

Chayofa Tete
12-07-2011, 16:21
He was a reasonable player during his time in Scotland from memory but this of course tells us nothing about his abilities as a coach one way or the other,however at least someone is now in place,the results will decide as always.