PDA

View Full Version : Should Cameron still be at the helm?????

Tom & Sharon
08-07-2011, 19:37
In light of David Camerons catastrophic lack of judgement in employing his 'friend' Andy Coulson as his 'Head of Communications,should Cameron still be at the helm?

Cameron employed him despite warnings that as Editor of NOTW,his claim that he knew nothing of phone hacking during his watch was quite frankly bunkem!!!

In a hearing before a parliamentary committee in 2003, the former editor Rebekah Brooks admitted that News International had at times paid police officers for information. A stony-faced Coulson quickly shut down the line of questioning.

This is the man who was arrested this morning for for questioning by police investigating phone interceptions and alleged payments to officers,so thats 'corruption' and 'illegal phone hacking' then.

This is the man who will IMHO shortly be attending one of her majesties prisons without question.

How can someone be so blind to the warnings and still employ his 'friend'
I cannot think of any prime minister who has felt obliged to conduct an extraordinary press conference at short notice to explain his actions and who noticeably didn't apologise for them.
He admitted his governments 'cosy' relationship with the media then sought to chastise the PCC for lack of action over the hacking allegations.
The man has NO credibility (Cameron) as well as Coulson

Tom

warbey
08-07-2011, 19:49
The Country voted Him there.
Same as the Other Lot previously, who nearly bankrupted Us. We all have to pay
cos We are all Collectively to blame

I dont expect many to agree though......

junglejim
08-07-2011, 20:05
Cameron ( much as I don't like Tories ) is as bad as all the others who pandered to Murdoch and the like - you could tell earlier in year when Coulson baled out that the brown stuff was rolling down the hill and gathering speed - News International and cohorts are more toxic than Fukushima Power Station .
Coulson and mates will also have their collars felt by Strathclyde Police over THEIR perjury at Tommy SheridanŽs trial - then weŽll see if the procurator fiscal will chase them with same vigour as they did Sheridan !
As for Rebeka Brooks - she must be great in bed or something to keep her job -a ginger Cruella de Ville!!

The whole thing reminds me of TV series "In the Thick of it"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjAyazqtQj8&feature=related

Sundowner
08-07-2011, 20:36
In light of David Camerons catastrophic lack of judgement in employing his 'friend' Andy Coulson as his 'Head of Communications,should Cameron still be at the helm?

Cameron employed him despite warnings that as Editor of NOTW,his claim that he knew nothing of phone hacking during his watch was quite frankly bunkem!!!

In a hearing before a parliamentary committee in 2003, the former editor Rebekah Brooks admitted that News International had at times paid police officers for information. A stony-faced Coulson quickly shut down the line of questioning.

This is the man who was arrested this morning for for questioning by police investigating phone interceptions and alleged payments to officers,so thats 'corruption' and 'illegal phone hacking' then.

This is the man who will IMHO shortly be attending one of her majesties prisons without question.

How can someone be so blind to the warnings and still employ his 'friend'
I cannot think of any prime minister who has felt obliged to conduct an extraordinary press conference at short notice to explain his actions and who noticeably didn't apologise for them.
He admitted his governments 'cosy' relationship with the media then sought to chastise the PCC for lack of action over the hacking allegations.
The man has NO credibility (Cameron) as well as Coulson

Tom

He made a mistake he is human, we all make mistakes, who amongst us has not been let down by a so called friend!!!

Mawkin
08-07-2011, 20:41
He made a mistake he is human, we all make mistakes, who amongst us has not been let down by a so called friend!!!

Usually when people make a mistake they apologise for it therefore where was the apology from David ?

BobMac
08-07-2011, 20:52
Tony Blair stood by Peter Mandelson through thick and thin.

What's the difference between Blair's decision him and Cameron's ??

Mawkin
08-07-2011, 20:59
Tony Blair stood by Peter Mandelson through thick and thin.

What's the difference between Blair's decision him and Cameron's ??

Two wrongs do not make a right unless you are a politician.

Sundowner
08-07-2011, 21:02
Usually when people make a mistake they apologise for it therefore where was the apology from David ?

He made a mistake,,,,,,,trusting a friend............no need for an apology..............if any apology is called for it is from Andy Coulson.

Goforgold
08-07-2011, 21:04
The Country voted Him there.
Same as the Other Lot previously, who nearly bankrupted Us. We all have to pay
cos We are all Collectively to blame

I dont expect many to agree though......

I agree with you, they keep voting them in. However I haven't voted since before Blair was voted in. In my opinion it was obvious at the time what a fake he was with his cheesy grin and hand movements. Now people, like me, that don't vote get chastised but how can you vote for someone / a party that you don't agree with, just so that I can say I've voted. To me that's like getting married to someone that I believe to be second best just to get married!!! :)

tonypub
08-07-2011, 21:11
who would you want as leader tom?

caroletenerife
08-07-2011, 21:18
Jobs for the boys has always been like that and always will be, right down to councillor level...regardless of political party

Pooh
08-07-2011, 21:21
All politicians are all the same. Doesn't matter who you vote in or out... They are all human, and by far not the best samples either. You could just as well reinstate the Monarchy. Make the Queen absolute ruler. :p
The problem with democracy is that no one dares making unpopular - but necessary - decisions.

caroletenerife
08-07-2011, 21:30
The only poliician i have had any respect for in recent years in Nelson Mandela. I read somewhere that if anyone actively strives to be a politician, that should be enough to disqualify them from the job.

Tom & Sharon
08-07-2011, 22:26
who would you want as leader tom?

Not sure,I'm neither Labour,Tory or support anyone else.
Since the expenses debacle i have no respect for any politicians.

Looking back we've had the following;

Maggie,the less i say about that ****h (sorry slodge) the better.
Major,grey and totally inaffectual but harmless.
Blair,sent innocent boys and girls to their deaths in a phoney war,i'll never ever forgive him for that!!
Brown,sold the nations gold,cocked up pensions then told us how he saved the world????
Cameron,total lack of judgement and his legacy will probably be known as the U turn king.

I can honestly say i can't think of a single current politician who could be leader?????

Tom

caroletenerife
08-07-2011, 23:56
Stephen Fry for Prime minister

TheBloke
09-07-2011, 02:12
Before the last election a prominent Labour minister warned the Conservative party about Coulson .

What does that say about politics in Britain?

slodgedad
09-07-2011, 03:11
Before the last election a prominent Labour minister warned the Conservative party about Coulson .

What does that say about politics in Britain?

Everything.....

tonypub
09-07-2011, 03:29
one of the many good things about livin here is we tend not to be so bothered about uk polotics or tenerife polotics for that matter.but ironic that arabs are dying to be bothered.

dede
09-07-2011, 21:50
Should Cameron still be at the helm?????

He shouldnt be there in the first place, he wasnt voted in by the country, no-one voted for a coalition so my answer is NO he should not be at the helm, and not just because he was friends with Andy Coulson.

warbey
13-07-2011, 20:41
one of the many good things about livin here is we tend not to be so bothered about uk polotics or tenerife polotics for that matter.but ironic that arabs are dying to be bothered.

Loads of moans about Tenerife Government and Law Matters.
can be read on this and also the Last Forum.
Perhaps if Brits were represented there MAY be a possibility of change.

If not, whats the point in whingeing?

We have had Liars and swindlers in charge over the Years.
Could We give a Man credit for Honesty and courage to admit mistakes?

I cant comment on M.P.'s but there are many People of ALL Parties I know and respect
at County Level at least.
I accept a Proprtion are no..no's like all walks of Life...

cainaries
13-07-2011, 21:32
Should Cameron still be at the helm?????

He shouldnt be there in the first place, he wasnt voted in by the country, no-one voted for a coalition so my answer is NO he should not be at the helm, and not just because he was friends with Andy Coulson.

On this basis no-one should be at the helm and I'm not sure that would be an improvement.