PDA

View Full Version : Internet I need some advice about Canaries Wireless internet provider in Tenerife

edsa
02-06-2011, 16:03
Does anybody use this internet provider? I am hoping to be able to spend 3-4 months on the island over winter if I can get accommodation sorted and have been looking at the options for internet access at a reasonable price.

I found this company and contacted them to check they are still operating as the website seems not to have been updated for a while. They assure me they are still in business, good news as they seem to provide the perfect solution for me. They didn't however answer the question as to how far they have spread across the south of the island from the areas stated on the website.

I am looking at staying just outside Los Chris or in Adeje. Is there any member who has experience of this company who can give me some insight into their experience and or somebody who has this service in either of these two areas?

garlicbread
02-06-2011, 19:21
I'm certain that the service they provide does not extend beyond Los Gigantes/Playa de la Arena

carstev
22-06-2011, 21:11
All i use is a orange internet donle, it cost me 29.99 and a monthly fee of €35.00 with no fixed contract just monthly. If i dont need internet I just dont topup for that month.. works well too.

edsa
23-06-2011, 14:55
Thanks garlicbread and carstev, looks like I might be able to use their services after all.

Anybody use them who could recommend their service?

cressrt
17-07-2011, 22:26
We have just had the Canaries WIFI service installed in our rural finca. I can't recommend them highly enough. They installed within 24 hours of contacting them and were fast, knowledgeable and great value for money. We have no telegraph poles so can't have Telefonica internet and have been using a vodapone dongle which works at the coast but higher up (we are above Charco del Pino) it hardly works at all.

TenerifeTeddy
17-07-2011, 22:58
Just a quick question for clarification please Cressrt, was it Canaries Wireless, or WIFI Canarias that installed your connection. They are different companies, using different technologies, and cover different areas. Thanks :)

edsa
18-07-2011, 08:20
Thank you cressrt that helps.

tenerifeteddy, interesting post I hadn't found that company. Having looked at their site I suppose I will have to send them an email to find out what they charge etc. as there is no info on the site. I do hate having to do that in order to get the info. :wall:

TenerifeTeddy
18-07-2011, 09:00
I have asked the question, because I have contacted them about the possibility of them setting up a repeater in Callao Salvaje. They have transmitters on Guaza mountain and Los Menores. Early days, but I will keep you posted if anything develops.

Canaries Wireless appear to have limited availability out to as far as part of Al Postil el Sol the complex before you get to Callao Salvaje, but very hit and miss or so I am advised by people who have tried to use it.

cressrt
18-07-2011, 09:13
Yeah we had a WIFI Canaries installation as you say I think its 2 different companies and 2 different services. We have a 3MB WIFI link to the San Isidro mountain. They do from between 1Mb and 8Mb depending on what you want to pay for. Like you say though I think you are wanting something different.

edsa
18-07-2011, 12:02
Thank you people. We have now booked an apartment in Puerto Santiago so within the area of Canaries Wireless.
Am hoping it can be established that a good connection can be obtained in the apartment with a laptop. Maybe
that can be established before we arrive but probably not, will have to wait and see.

lesbroz
10-09-2011, 15:41
Thank you people. We have now booked an apartment in Puerto Santiago so within the area of Canaries Wireless.
Am hoping it can be established that a good connection can be obtained in the apartment with a laptop. Maybe
that can be established before we arrive but probably not, will have to wait and see.

edsa - can you updates us on your wifi installation, please.

edsa
05-11-2011, 12:56
Still haven't found out yet if it will work where we will be staying. Will be there in less than a month so I'll know then.

Barryandmarie
27-11-2012, 20:31
Hi, I have just come across this forum and you are asking questions about canaries wireless . I have been trying to contact them but cannot get their email to work. Has anyone got a working email address for them or a phone number for Paul mason who owns the system I think.
Barry

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi, I have just come across this forum and you are asking questions about canaries wireless . I have been trying to contact them but cannot get their email to work. Has anyone got a working email address for them or a phone number for Paul mason who owns the system I think.
Barry