PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite holiday destination?

gary d
09-07-2011, 08:38
we all love tenerife because we live there or holiday there thats why we are on this forum but whats your next favourite after the reef??
i shall start and say mine is alcudia in majorca

Ecky Thump
09-07-2011, 09:13
Any where that my Grandchildren enjoy and at the moment their second choice after Tenerife is Blackpool, a place that thousands of folk love and thousands hate.

Harmonicaman
09-07-2011, 09:48
The Highlands and Islands of Scotland always do it for me...:)

karinagal
09-07-2011, 10:28
Aviemore. Stunning scenery, fab place.

leojohn
09-07-2011, 17:15
My favorite place for a holiday is the gorgeous Isle of Man

Ed3229
09-07-2011, 17:22
Dana Point in Orange county California.....We are lucky as my bro in law lives there.

Looks like Tenerife !!!

pablo1
09-07-2011, 17:36
Toss up between Vegas and Sri Lanka for me, both completely different types of holiday but both quite amazing in their own ways. :-)

slodgedad
09-07-2011, 17:50
I know I may be shot down in flames but having lived in Tenerife for 17 years and only having been back to the UK 4 times, I have to say Blackpool.

Only for a long weekend, when I go home. Without it my holiday is never complete.

I just love the Blackpool half boards with the late bar. I can totally chill out, meeting people from all over the place doing the same; Chilling.

Mawkin
09-07-2011, 17:54
I just love island hopping around some of the smaller Greek islands. Getting on a ferry and haggling for accommodation when you get off magic.

doreen
09-07-2011, 17:55
Difficult to choose - probably somewhere like New York - fabulous culture, dining and shopping :)

pablo1
09-07-2011, 18:00
Difficult to choose - probably somewhere like New York - fabulous culture, dining and shopping :)

Love New York !! I've never been for more than 4 days though so don't officially call it a holiday ! :-)

doreen
09-07-2011, 18:03
Love New York !! I've never been for more than 4 days though so don't officially call it a holiday ! :-)

I tend to get bored anywhere after about 6 days :)

primrose
09-07-2011, 18:05
I know I may be shot down in flames but having lived in Tenerife for 17 years and only having been back to the UK 4 times, I have to say Blackpool.

Only for a long weekend, when I go home. Without it my holiday is never complete.

I just love the Blackpool half boards with the late bar. I can totally chill out, meeting people from all over the place doing the same; Chilling.

Me too, hoping to go this year when I go home, but my favorite place for a holiday is Palma Nova Majorca.

slodgedad
09-07-2011, 18:05

Which is why I only do long weekends...

pablo1
09-07-2011, 18:25

Try Sri Lanka if you haven't already. A truly spectacular island where you can be lazing on the beach one day and visiting some fabulous sights the next.
It's one of the few places where you could do 3 weeks no probs, and that's coming from somebody who usually has the same philosophy as you. :-)

doreen
09-07-2011, 18:26
Try Sri Lanka if you haven't already. A truly spectacular island where you can be lazing on the beach one day and visiting some fabulous sights the next.
It's one of the few places where you could do 3 weeks no probs, and that's coming from somebody who usually has the same philosophy as you. :-)

Got the tee-shirt ... a very long time ago .... Kandy and also the elephant orphanage are wonderful memories :)

Susief
09-07-2011, 18:55
Apart from the obvious Tenerife, Thailand is my favourite destination. Nothing is too much for the Thai people. The beaches/sea is so clean!

Sal
09-07-2011, 19:39
I like the Italian Riviera dei Fiori, but also enjoy Germany and loved Crete. All totally different types of holiday!

Sundowner
09-07-2011, 20:39
Somewhere I have not been before :)

dokgolf
06-08-2011, 20:59
I'm going away for 2 weeks of golf and gargle. Can't wait. The only drawback is that its not Tenerife but hopefully we'll rectify that next year. Just wondering what everyone's favourite place is to holiday that doesn't involve Tenerife?

Ecky Thump
06-08-2011, 21:00
I'm going away for 2 weeks of golf and gargle. Can't wait. The only drawback is that its not Tenerife but hopefully we'll rectify that next year. Just wondering what everyone's favourite place is to holiday that doesn't involve Tenerife?

My allotment.

Sal
06-08-2011, 21:01
We love Tenerife too, but also love Italy, Germany, France...................

We go to Tenerife at least once each year, but try other places too. This year we are trying Fuerteventura. Hope it's good!

Goforgold
06-08-2011, 21:03
Anywhere that has a villa and heated pool!! :) :swimming:

Harmonicaman
06-08-2011, 21:07
Eyre Square...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFyh8-Tp4zI

Jimandsi
06-08-2011, 21:11
Santa Barbara, California every time for me.

Fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, friendly people and quality service.

No football shirts, Sun readers or porkers to be seen anywhere.

Ecky Thump
06-08-2011, 21:12
Eyre Square...

Has Tizzy very expensive tastes when she shops?;)

Goforgold
06-08-2011, 21:14

Until you turn up!!

Sorry - I couldn't resist it again!!! ;)

marbro8
06-08-2011, 21:24
i can't honestly see us holidaying anywhere else than tenerife again, but we did like florida and we spent quite a lot of time in cyprus in pathos, but we absolutely loved ayia napa and protaras, it's just a pitty it is so expensive

Sal
06-08-2011, 21:26

No porkers? How silly am I? Thought California was in USA! :crylaughing:

Jimandsi
06-08-2011, 21:28
No porkers? How silly am I? Thought California was in USA! :crylaughing:

All the porkers live in the East though Sal :whistle:

West coast Americans eat and live sensibly.

Goforgold
06-08-2011, 21:32
Oi you - pack it in.

You're giving me a complex :crying2:

:raspberry2: :raspberry2: :raspberry2:
Sorry !! Nothing meant by it, but you do keep setting yourself up for my silly jokes!! :)

lozzie1821
06-08-2011, 22:38
im 50/50 with Thailand and Mallorca......... Both such fantastic places to go and ideal for everyhing you need and want to experience on a holiday. xx

dokgolf
06-08-2011, 22:54
im 50/50 with Thailand and Mallorca......... Both such fantastic places to go and ideal for everyhing you need and want to experience on a holiday. xx
Stayed in Puerto Pollenca before. Thought it and the island were lovely but the restaurants were too expensive.

Red Devil
07-08-2011, 00:29
I love Majorca too, but have done a few cruises that can be a bit addictive and I really like Croatia, especially Dubrovnik
Can see me going again next year, its so lovely (with Tenerife in winter of course)

lozzie1821
08-08-2011, 14:40
Stayed in Puerto Pollenca before. Thought it and the island were lovely but the restaurants were too expensive.

Puero Pollenca is lovely and is known for being quite highly priced... I lived in mallorca for 22months and although i lived just outside magaluf myself and the ex used to go to the differnt areas and try out the different restuarants and the local spanish restuarants we found were our faves (and cheaper).

my parents used to take me to mallorca on holiday as a kid and we stayed all over the places, its a gorgeous island! I love the greenery about it, tenerife is great and in winter has alot more 2 offfer but will never be as beautiful IMO.