PDA

View Full Version : Darts Tenerife Forum darts discussion thread

Tenerife_Smurf
02-06-2011, 16:04
It's the Cup of dreams for wannabe darts stars, as 172 hopefuls head to the Reebok Stadium tonight with the very real chance of coming face-to-face with their heroes in the Speedy Hire UK Open.

'The FA Cup of Darts' offers anyone the chance to make it in the big time, with 64 amateur qualifiers coming from events held at Speedy Hire Superstores and Rileys Darts Zones making it through to the final stages.

Tonight will see the preliminary, first and second-round stages, meaning all but the top 32 in the UK Open Order of Merit will be taking part - with the big guns entering the action on Friday in a completely open draw format.

Defending champion Phil Taylor, Premier League winner Gary Anderson and world champion Adrian Lewis enter the fray on Friday, but the open draw means they could face each other at any moment.

The £200,000 event is as frenetic as it comes, with eight boards of constant action in the early rounds making even the most experienced player's head spin, while a short dash to four legs makes early upsets almost inevitable.

Tenerife_Smurf
06-06-2011, 20:55
James Wade secured his second UK Open title after beating a spirited Wes Newton 11-8 in the final in Bolton.

The 2008 winner struggled with his doubles early on in the contest but eventually hit his stride and pulled away after several evenly-matched legs.

Wade's campaign, which unlike most of the world's top players started in the first round, looked to be over when he was 9-7 down to Mark Webster in the semi-finals but 'The Machine' came through to set himself on course for a seventh major title.

woolli
09-10-2011, 21:57
Well done Phil Taylor for your win in Dublin tonight amidst a torrent of abuse from the home public. As Phil said I hope mr Dolan doesnt get the same abuse, and no doubt he wont, when he visits Gods Country.
You were a credit to your country Phil, pity we cant say the same about the majority of the crowd.

Chine
07-06-2014, 20:31
Anyone watching the World Cup ? Could be england for 3 on the bounce !

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 07:04
Anyone watching the World Cup ? Could be england for 3 on the bounce !
Come on Scotland " get intae them ":scotland:

Chine
08-06-2014, 07:58
SCOTLAND!!!!!!! Peter wright is a southerner ! Where's Gary Anderson??? Mind you he got out as well ! He lives in Somerset

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 08:05
SCOTLAND!!!!!!! Peter wright is a southerner ! Where's Gary Anderson??? Mind you he got out as well ! He lives in Somerset
Peter Wright was born in West Lothian which I believe is in Scotland:raspberry2:. I think teams are picked on the basis of your highest ranked player in the world rankings and Gary Anderson is currently higher than both Peter the Scotsman Wright & Robert Thornton.

Chine
08-06-2014, 08:18
I knew he was born in West Lothian funny accent tho , I suppose it's like Nicholson he went to Australia for a bit so now that makes him Australian ??? I think they should bring in a rule where you can't play for whoever you fancy that day

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 08:24
I knew he was born in West Lothian funny accent tho , I suppose it's like Nicholson he went to Australia for a bit so now that makes him Australian ??? I think they should bring in a rule where you can't play for whoever you fancy that day
What would happen to English cricket if that happened:whistle:

Chine
08-06-2014, 08:29
Nothing would happen they would still get beat by all !!! I think my idea should apply to every sport whatever the outcome , I'm off to play golf now ( Scottish game ) have a good day Jim :spin:

Chine
08-06-2014, 22:42
The Dutch deserved that! awesome display ,with ade in that form england did well to make the final so well done to them also.

Angusjim
09-06-2014, 07:20
Yet another chapter in the long line of Scottish failures at sporting events when we are meant to be in with a chance :laugh:

Chine
06-10-2014, 19:45
Anyone watching the Grand Prix , fantastic format double in and out and sets should be a good week

Angusjim
12-10-2014, 08:16
Anyone watching the Grand Prix , fantastic format double in and out and sets should be a good week
In my opinion the best darts format can James Wade keep his head a brilliant player but does have issue with his mental health hopefully he has it sorted out now. But MVG looks unbeatable

West mids tyke
28-12-2014, 20:11
cristo reyes Tenerifes own darts legend.... well done beating painter

Angusjim
29-12-2014, 08:00
cristo reyes Tenerifes own darts legend.... well done beating painter

But he will get humped next game fae oor Gary:c2:

Angusjim
30-12-2014, 17:12
But he will get humped next game fae oor Gary:c2:

As forecast thats Tenerife's finest OOT 4-1:c2:

West mids tyke
30-12-2014, 21:40
cristo gave him a scare but experience told in the end, this wdc is so open its unreal mate

Angusjim
31-12-2014, 08:32
cristo gave him a scare but experience told in the end, this wdc is so open its unreal mate

Yes a really open tourament Tayor looked very strong last night

West mids tyke
31-12-2014, 11:50
bunting and wright are my pics though, anderson really needs to step his game up and huybrechts let taylor back into the game last night when he should have really closed it out

Angusjim
31-12-2014, 12:16
bunting and wright are my pics though, anderson really needs to step his game up and huybrechts let taylor back into the game last night when he should have really closed it out

Andersons average yesterday 104.5 not bad and he can step it up no problem, re Taylor thats the difference between a champion and the rest they step up to the mark when required and the others moan "I should have, I could have"
Don't think Bunting or Wright are consistant enough. But it all does make for great viewing the standard overall is brillaint
For me if MVG is in the mood he wins it hands down on his day unbeatable

dekingio
31-12-2014, 17:26
Well done cristo reyes you did your self proud sure we'll see more of the big guy at televised darts events

Chine
01-02-2015, 09:17
Really looking forward to the premier league starting this week ! Fantastic entertainment

martincrabb99
01-02-2015, 10:17
Really looking forward to the premier league starting this week ! Fantastic entertainment

I'm not really a darts fan but do remember ' Jocky ' Wilson once being nominated for Sports Personality of the year. I think he was on about forty cigs and twenty pints a day training regime. He was certainly a personality[emoji2]

Angusjim
29-12-2016, 08:41
Anyone watching the PDC World Darts >? Gary Anderson was outstanding last night as was Perter Wright. I never saw the MVG game night before but believe he was pushed all the way by Tenerife's Cristo Reyes and Barney also dumped Adrian Lewis last night. Its bubbling up nicely, for me its either MVG or Gary Anderson to win it with Peter Wright as a good outside bet.

Ecky Thump
29-12-2016, 11:32
I'm not really a darts fan but do remember ' Jocky ' Wilson once being nominated for Sports Personality of the year. I think he was on about forty cigs and twenty pints a day training regime. He was certainly a personality[emoji2]

Jocky died when he was 62, he ended up a recluse living in a council house in Kirkcaldy.
Previously to his darts career he worked as a coal miner and coal delivery man.

Angusjim
30-12-2016, 08:04
Top seeds all thru Peter Wright did well but fell back during his game with Ian White but was still far too good for him, The Power looking good in his easy win I never saw the MVG game but he won 4-1. Some exciting games coming up, the atmosphere at the Ally Pally is brilliant :c2::c2:

Ecky Thump
30-12-2016, 11:05
I have been watching (at 3am :D ) the rerun of Jim Bowen's 'Bulls Eye', the prizes were outstanding, on yesterday's edition the contestants won a teasmaid £247, they didn't gamble for the star prize.....a caravan!

It has been good to see some of the worlds well known darts players of the past, most of them now simply forgotten names.

Angusjim
30-12-2016, 11:12
I have been watching (at 3am :D ) the rerun of Jim Bowen's 'Bulls Eye', the prizes were outstanding, on yesterday's edition the contestants won a teasmaid £247, they didn't gamble for the star prize.....a caravan!

It has been good to see some of the worlds well known darts players of the past, most of them now simply forgotten names.

A friend of ours went on Bulls Eye many many years ago did not win he was the dart player "super smashing great" !!

Ecky Thump
30-12-2016, 11:18
A friend of ours went on Bulls Eye many many years ago did not win he was the dart player "super smashing great" !!

"What Great Guys they've been"

Angusjim
30-12-2016, 11:22
"What Great Guys they've been"

Or one not used on TV but said the guy I knew " you are pure ****e at darts ":crylaughing::crylaughing:

Angusjim
31-12-2016, 08:03
Top 3 seeds thru to the semi's with Barney who dumped Phil Taylor in a scrappy game. Gary Anderson,s game against Chisnell was brilliant 33 180's in the match. Looking forward to semis on New Years night. No English dart players thru I blame Brexit :c2::c2:

martincrabb99
02-01-2017, 08:53
Top 3 seeds thru to the semi's with Barney who dumped Phil Taylor in a scrappy game. Gary Anderson,s game against Chisnell was brilliant 33 180's in the match. Looking forward to semis on New Years night. No English dart players thru I blame Brexit :c2::c2:

The Scots are good at darts...that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angusjim
02-01-2017, 09:11
Anderson against MVG hope I am sober enough to watch it after the fitba today:laugh: